The online racing simulator
Your system is flawed. [counting yellow flags]
The yellow flags are a pointless hazzard and just make me angry each time you get one. Becuse 90% of the time you get them unjustified. People crash in you, well ok.
But most of the time when you have to slow down in slower corners to let them pass or stop for a roadblocks you get them also.
What the point of such a system at all then? The statistics are pointless because they are simple not true.
Geez, you have 9%. That's nothing.

Ok, I agree, the yellow flag stat is definitely not 100% accurate, because LFS makes everyone who is unusually slow on a track part raise a yellow flag, no matter if the person crashed out or is evading a crash. However, it is still a good indicator to how clean someone drives. Guys who have no control over their cars and constantly spin out or crash have a much higher percentage than the average racer.
Wait, I thought the goal was to get 100%...

Oops.

You get more yellow flags in LFS than in real racing, also the 'range' of a yellow flag is much shorter. There is nothing we can do about this, it's just the nature of LFS. We use the yellow flag percentage as an indicator to how clean a driver is but because LFS throws them so readily we consider under 20% to be good.

However I dont see how the system is flawed. When avoiding a crash you are often still a hazard yourself, the message on screen is a reminder to act sensibly in those situations.
Personally I think the laps:yellow flags ratio is a very good indicator of how consistent the driver is. All the drivers I've looked at seem to have ratios as you would expect. The guys who I know can do 50 laps of a track in a league race without crashing have very low ratios. Those drivers who I know are prone to mistakes have higher ratios.

Seems pretty accurate to me.

Also, letting people past you when under blue flag without having to slow to virtually a standstill while at the same time not compromising the passers lap is also a skill that you learn in LFS.

The GFC with it's dual class formula teaches you how to do this.
Im at 57% damn lol i must pick the worse times to go into a server, lol oh well a yellow flag indicates a hazard so just be carefull whats there to know?
Its a great system Becky btw
Yeah but if you stop you will score a yellow yourself wont you? At last something red pops up saying "recover" or something.

Also the tracks itself are really bad for yellows. Especially sections like Fe1 corner 2 and last one where all the moving obstacles are placed. I cant count on my fingers how many times I already hit them and scored a yellow just because the driver in front pushed them out of there place onto the track. Of course you cant see that or react when gravitation is playing its part.

Last time I even got kicked from the server for back-wards driving because I hit one of this on track and was sent into the wall making 360 degrees turns and rear-wise back onto the track wail still turning.
Then the system asks me to accept fault for back wards driving lol.

Or just now a lapper spins me from leading pack. Well I dunno if I got a yellow for this now, don't think I did other then points penalty.

Are yellows scored so that only one party gets a yellow in an incident?
Well its along way to server 2 since im not evne copper yet and its already getting over my head with all this dirty driving.
Everybody who causes a yellow flag for other drivers gets +1 to his yellow flag stat, though I think the only way to know you caused a yellow flag is the red "use caution whilst recovering" text. However, the whole thing is limited to the sectors, so the stats only count maximum one yellow flag per sector.

Otherwise it would be insane, imagine you spin out from a tightly packed lead and you do the right thing and join after the field has passed. Bam +30 to your flag count
I regularly check my $stats, it shows the exact number of yellows you've caused. So when I've gone a little wide or had to slow down to avoid a crash and I'm not sure if I caused a yellow flag I just press ALT+F2 (shortcut for $stats for me) and see if the number's gone up. I sometimes am a bit surprised to see that it's gone up by 5 counts after 2 races or so in which I didn't really crash or anything. So yeah, it might be a bit too "sensitive". My ratio is now at 25% and I think about half of all the yellows aren't really justified. But just try not to pay too much attention to it, it's just an indicator; just try to drive as cleanly as possible and don't worry about the yellow flag ratio all the time
There's really no need to get all worked up about the yellows count, imho. The system treats everybody equal. Sure you'll have the odd race on a server where you throw quite a few yellows without it being your own fault, but it's the same for everybody and in the long run, it can be considered a good indicator of how clean a racer is. After all, the important thing is what CTRA makes of this count and, as Becky stated several times, anything below 20% is considered a decent percentage. With the average being 28% for all CTRAers, this shows that the staff is sensible enough.
Quote :The GFC with it's dual class formula teaches you how to do this.

Nice sly bit of advertising there lol
In Soviet GFC, blue flags teach you.
Quote from Sawyer :Yeah but if you stop you will score a yellow yourself wont you? At last something red pops up saying "recover" or something.

Also the tracks itself are really bad for yellows. Especially sections like Fe1 corner 2 and last one where all the moving obstacles are placed. I cant count on my fingers how many times I already hit them and scored a yellow just because the driver in front pushed them out of there place onto the track. Of course you cant see that or react when gravitation is playing its part.

Last time I even got kicked from the server for back-wards driving because I hit one of this on track and was sent into the wall making 360 degrees turns and rear-wise back onto the track wail still turning.
Then the system asks me to accept fault for back wards driving lol.

Or just now a lapper spins me from leading pack. Well I dunno if I got a yellow for this now, don't think I did other then points penalty.

Are yellows scored so that only one party gets a yellow in an incident?
Well its along way to server 2 since im not evne copper yet and its already getting over my head with all this dirty driving.

You are not supposed to stop on the track, thats what the pits are for. It's pretty accurate LFS does throw alot of yellow flags out but not by too much.

I think GentleFoot said it well =)

Quote from Gentlefoot :Personally I think the laps:yellow flags ratio is a very good indicator of how consistent the driver is. All the drivers I've looked at seem to have ratios as you would expect. The guys who I know can do 50 laps of a track in a league race without crashing have very low ratios. Those drivers who I know are prone to mistakes have higher ratios.

Seems pretty accurate to me.

Also, letting people past you when under blue flag without having to slow to virtually a standstill while at the same time not compromising the passers lap is also a skill that you learn in LFS.

The GFC with it's dual class formula teaches you how to do this.

Quote from Becky Rose :In Soviet GFC, blue flags teach you.

It's not communist - it's a dictatorship of the purest form
Quote from Gentlefoot : It's not communist - it's a dictatorship of the purest form

So how is that gentle?
It first gently reminds you to follow the rules before executing you.
Quote from Viper93 :You are not supposed to stop on the track, thats what the pits are for. It's pretty accurate LFS does throw alot of yellow flags out but not by too much.

I think GentleFoot said it well =)

Sorry to say but thats BULL....
I never said that I stopped on track just slowed down. Secondly you get yellow point even if you driving with 80kph out of pits with no drivers around you. Happened several times already.

Then the first corner on FE2 same story. You drive slow behind others then someone crashes and you see that nagging massage again and viola another point on your belt. I dont know why I even bother with this system. Its so frustrating that I will probably give up any time now. Its just not worth it if you try to arhive something what isnt even possible. Driving clean thats it.
You do realise that on other LFS servers you are throwing a yellow in those situations too. The CTRA system uses the standard LFS yellow flag detection, so I am struggling to understand the direction of your complaint - perhaps a post in improvement suggestions is more appropriate?
It may be so. But at last they dont put that on your stats.

Nah just delete, lock or whatever. It doesnt matter anymore, at last not to me.
Ist just one statistic.

Its not that your CTRA license will be removed if you have a ratio that is too high. And it is THE SAME for everybody on the CTRA servers so I dont get why you find this so bad. And its certainly not a reason to "give up" on the whole CTRA completely because of one small statistic.
Quote from Sawyer :It may be so. But at last they dont put that on your stats.

Nah just delete, lock or whatever. It doesnt matter anymore, at last not to me.

Yeah, sure, stomp with your feet, clench your fists and whine. If that doesn't help, throw yourself on the floor, scream and lash about.

Were you trying to read and understand what we were posting? Hello?
i have 49%

I think its flawed
Or...

You suck at driving.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :i have 49%

I think its flawed

Somethings flawed all right, but i don't think it's the system
As long as there aren't any negative licence drawbacks for the yellow count, I'm fine with it. However, I've had the system pull a yellow on me on fast corners that I took really fast so it does have some issues. I don't believe the issues lie withint CTRA since, as Becky said, it only registers the LFS flags so theres nothing CTRA can do about it short of removing the flag record.

To all the stat lovers...I'd suggest you do what most people do....race to race, not to look good on paper.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG