The online racing simulator
CoRe Driver Development Team
(93 posts, started )
LFS username : GTR_Yuni
LFS racername : Yuni
Controller : Mouse+KB
Date of first LFS race : Approx. 3 years ago (Demo) Approx. 7 weeks ago (S2)
Racing frequency : Varies - generally 10-15 races a week
Normal race times : evening (during school days) varies (weekends/vacation days).
Misc info : Cannot do endurance races (45+ minutes) due to wildly varying schedule throughout the day. Prefers the TBO and GTR class of cars. Cannot do races that are scheduled on weekday mornings. Likes close racing. Inconsistent in faster cars. Wonders why no server uses the TBO class @ Fern Bay Green RallyX.
Quote from banshee56 :What is required to join CDDT? Potential CDDT drivers must be older than 14 years old, but generally will be younger than 18 years old, but the max age is not a strict limit. However, CDDT is primarily focused on the relatively inexperienced drivers: those with less than 10,000 miles and/or 250 finished races. Drivers with proper racing equipment are preferred, as CoRe feels that keyboards and gamepads do not give drivers the platform to learn proper racing techniques. Also, any driver that is currently on a LFS team will not be considered.

Quote from GTR_Yuni :LFS username : GTR_Yuni
LFS racername : Yuni
Controller : Mouse+KB
Date of first LFS race : Approx. 3 years ago (Demo) Approx. 7 weeks ago (S2)
Racing frequency : Varies - generally 10-15 races a week
Normal race times : evening (during school days) varies (weekends/vacation days).
Misc info : Cannot do endurance races (45+ minutes) due to wildly varying schedule throughout the day. Prefers the TBO and GTR class of cars. Cannot do races that are scheduled on weekday mornings. Likes close racing. Inconsistent in faster cars. Wonders why no server uses the TBO class @ Fern Bay Green RallyX.

I'm sorry, but we are going to have to say no based on your controller.
Quote from banshee56 :I'm sorry, but we are going to have to say no based on your controller.

It's not a problem, even if I'm a good driver a 14 year old is verrrrrrrrrrrrry out of place in a team with many "older" and more experienced drivers IMO anyway

(I might consider getting a wheel+pedals soon though, but I'm unsure on this)
If you do, in fact, get a wheel, come on back and we'll reconsider.
Quote from GTR_Yuni :It's not a problem, even if I'm a good driver a 14 year old is verrrrrrrrrrrrry out of place in a team with many "older" and more experienced drivers IMO anyway

(I might consider getting a wheel+pedals soon though, but I'm unsure on this)

Yes, Banshee sure cranks up the average age of a team :P

But age does not has to be a problem, it is all about how serious and mature one is to race. If you can race in a competitive, respectful way, a lot of teams will consider you as a future driver. After all 'older' and experience will come with time
Hiya Guys, [SR] Turkey here. We have had quite alot of people asking to join our team but they lack experience. We have thought about doing a similar thing to your driver development program to help them out. Can you offer us any advice, and any pitfalls to beware. You have been running this for a while now, how's it been going?

P.S. Hope you don't mind us taking inspiration from you guys for this great idea
The biggest obstacle is driver participation (the new guys), and keeping to a structured schedule (i.e. lessons on race craft vs. just racing around). We've had a few meetings, but so far the participation of the CDT drivers outside our Tuesday meetings has been very low. We are still learning with this idea as well, so as we go, we'll report back more.
Just a quick note...we've had a new driver apply for the CDDT. We are taking this opportunity to have the guys get back together after a brief period of inactivity.

December 4th, we'll resume our Tuesday evening meetings at 9:30 PM EST.
its probably pointless posting this, but i was votebanned as soon as i joined your server a few seconds ago. there were two guys from some other team on your server, i guess they just votebanned anyone that wasnt from their team that tried to join.
Gabkicks, I'm sorry you had to go through that. If you have a replay, please post it up on the CoRe forums or send me a link if you can upload it somewhere and I'll take a look.
Just a quick note about the CDDT....

Trav is our latest member.

Another member, Stnwolf, joined and participated in the LOTA StreetStock Cup. This was his first league race ever and he finished 21st out of 28 starters! Good job Stnwolf!
Hello Core, and Happy Christmas! SR have today launched our own Driver Development Program after getting some inspiration from you guys and also wanting to give something back to the community. So I would like to take this opportunity to thank you guys for doing this in the first place and also would like to acknowledge your work
Love the idea!!! Maybe as our team getes bigger we will do a simalar idea!! Hope it works as you hoped it would!!
Excellent Who knows, in the future we could have a DT league or something, or even joint training sessions
Good luck to you guys, Jason!
Yes great, so that dt members get in team comp practise!
#67 - AMB
LFS username: AMB
LFS racername: Messy
Controller: G25
Date of first LFS race would probably be November just gone, I normally race 30 - 40 times per day, it can be morning evening or night, but on weekdays i have college so wont be in through the evening.
LFS username:sanfen
LFS racername: BTNico
Controller: Driving Force Pro
Date of first LFS race:May 1st, 2006
Racing frequency: 10-20 races per week(sometimes more)
Normal race times:evening, weekend
CoRe Driver Development Team - Operation Suspended
Unfortunately, due to inactivity by the existing CDDT team members, and other obligations by the CoRe Racing team members, the CDDT is suspending operation. The team was meant to be a learning experience for it's members, and participation is paramount to that idea. For the time being, no more applications will be processed. Of course, drivers willing to learn in a respectful manner are always invited to join the CoRe server when we are online.
Sad to hear guys
Yeah, we'll get it going again if the guys show some interest, but for now, all we were really doing was racing our regular teammates, because no one came to the server on meeting nights.
isnt there anyway because im looking for a team to join have never joied a team before and yours sounds like the best one i will go to a meet and wont let you down
Quote from Antman :isnt there anyway because im looking for a team to join have never joied a team before and yours sounds like the best one i will go to a meet and wont let you down

i think CoRe is only for NA... not sure, but give it a try :rolleyes:
LFS username: Colton_moorer
LFS racername: BamaBoy[G25]
Controller: Logitech G25
Date of first LFS race: Early this year
Racing frequency: 10-15
Normal race times: Evening
LFS username: jarmenia
LFS racername: John Armenia
Controller: Black Momo
Date of first LFS race: 2001?
Racing frequency: almost none. Trying to get back into it to learn to do it right
Normal race times: Evening

CoRe Driver Development Team
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG