The online racing simulator
LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
Is there any way to spectate someone if they get a penalty over 30 seconds with a message?
Quote from Punchy :How did you set up lapper in firedaemon?

Simply installed Firedaemon, then set it to run LFSLapper.exe as a local process and interact with the desktop. No too sure what else to say. Detail is in the pic's below.

Unfortunately, Firedaemondidn't make a difference to the problem of it quitting upon logoff.

So I'm not using Firedaemon and going back to the MS reskit instsrv.exe and srvany.exe as they work just as good.

Hi,

I see in the third screenie you have set paramteres, i've not done that. I have my cfg's in the bin folder, then as you have done point to the LFS.exe and the same as you in the working directory, that's the only difference I can see.
-
(Macfox) DELETED by Macfox : redundant
-
(Macfox) DELETED by Macfox : redundant
I compiled LFSLapper as a windowed application in c# visual Studio, but it still didn't make a difference to the handling of the messages.

So I've dived into the code and made one small change in main.cs to ignore the Logoff event and it now works.

// To intercept Ctrl-C, ..., and other break and Close Lapper in safe mode
public void inputHandler(ConsoleCtrl.ConsoleEvent consoleEvent)
{
if (consoleEvent == ConsoleCtrl.ConsoleEvent.CtrlC
|| consoleEvent == ConsoleCtrl.ConsoleEvent.CtrlClose
|| consoleEvent == ConsoleCtrl.ConsoleEvent.CtrlBreak
|| consoleEvent == ConsoleCtrl.ConsoleEvent.CtrlLogoff
|| consoleEvent == ConsoleCtrl.ConsoleEvent.CtrlShutdown )
{
byte[] cl = InSim.Encoder.IS_TINY( (byte)InSim.TypePack.ISP_TINY, 0, (byte)InSim.TypeTiny.TINY_CLOSE);
insimConnection.Send(cl, cl.Length);
System.Environment.Exit(-1);
}
}

Just delete this line from the above code in main.cs to get the desired result.

|| consoleEvent == ConsoleCtrl.ConsoleEvent.CtrlLogoff

Obviously this is just a quick hack to get it working as it should, but ideally and "-service" command line parameter would toggle the action on the CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT message. (Suggestion?)

I've attached the exe to save others the hassle of installing the .NET IDE and recompiling etc.

Regards
Rob
Attached files
LFSLapper.rar - 45.9 KB - 228 views
Couple of separate problems. #2 likely a bug. Seeking advice or answers.

#1. Jump start=kick. Where in the default config do you change this behaviour? I'm trying to run a beginner server, but this kind of penalty isn't encouraging.

#2. AI vehicles. Doesn't seems to be handled correctly. LFSLapper gets confused between AI cars and you own. "0.0 seconds to 100Km/h repeated 100's of times." Particularly at end of race or when you pit or retire from race. Also fastest laps by the AI are attributed to your name.
i'm glad u mentioned the AI macfox, i was starting to think it was just me... lol

Q
Lapper was never made to manage AIs (i dont see interest of stats to AIs :shrug, he use usernames to display stats.
Lapper is made essentialy to can manage humans leagues on hosts easyly.

Jump start isent lapper option. Its only LFS give this penalty.
thanks for quick reply Gwendoline, i thought as much.

but will they be supported in future versions?, i'm just thinking of the future updates the AI are supposed to be getting

... obviously i wouldn't want the AI on the scoreboards though, beating the humans is hard enough as it is

Quack!!
At start 'by Monkhotthinroof' lapper wacht only Nicknames but many users claim because too many guys changing their Nicknames to have many records on top list.
Now its only username valid to stats.
If someone change his Nickname he cant have different lines on top, the new one erase the latest.
i Think its easy to made this change (by Gai Luron) but i dont feel interest ?
Lapper is to help hosters to protect their servers to noobs, cranks and to be able to manage league by sending stats on your ftp, nerver to build AIs stats...try to use LFS Stats to this
i think you may have mis-understood me, i do not want stats for the AI (macfox may tho, i dunno). i would much prefer that lapper ignores the AI completely, because at the moment, if you add AI to the server, lapper goes crazy, like macfox said above
Oh...i see now sry
Yes sometimes i missunderstanding lot of posts here...sqz me i'm not english native sometime my translator have some difficulties to translate all your minds.

i have an antidote...stop to use AIs in race ...to easy to beat...try race with licenced human racers only

Kill your AIs
lol, no worries, i have been wheening myself off them slowly and i haven't touched a single AI since i found lapper, and i'm doing really well

Quack!!
i have problem too when i try to run lapper it write

conecting
conection ok

and then cloase lapper window in my server dedi window write

NEW GUEST TIMED OUT

bye
it is working i must set port 29999
but now i have problem lfslapper it is work but scoring for drift doesnt work what i must to do ?
ok now it is workin ty. where i option in witch one i can set the wrongway driver will be spectated ?
i try but it doesnt work.
I have a problem with PHP and PB.txt. How can I convert those funny letters which are visible when playing LFS and typing !stats into ? etc. I mean something like here: http://plfs.loconstant.com/lap ... ne%202007&groupbycar=
It's clear and nice, but I can only see:
Quote :��T��ι�^

I would like to see:
Quote :‹マT›チαΖケ

Maybe it's coding problem I have no idea. If there is something what is responsible for this converting in PBLFSLapperPHPViewer please let me know what it is and i should get it work. Or maybe I have set something wrong with coding.
put utf-8 encoding in your html file
It doesn't help. I think it might be a problem with MySQL coding. Any ideas?
-----
Thanks for help Gai-Luron, it was client-side problem, because when I've changed coding in Firefox, everything was fine, THANKS A LOT! But I don't know now why Firefox is changing coding into ISO-8859-2... But now it's much easier. Thanks once again.
-----
It's weird, I've put it on different servers and with UTF-8 coding it shows different results. For example:
1 server
Quote :‹マT›チαΖ^

2 server
Quote :�?�?��T�???���?�?^

Now I have no idea what is wrong!
LFSLapper is super sweet!!
But how can I put in auto messages?
That like will be said once every 5minutes for example?
Quote from Private6 :LFSLapper is super sweet!!
But how can I put in auto messages?
That like will be said once every 5minutes for example?

ScheduledAction = 0 * * * * * : 30 * * * * *|/spectate unnamed|
0 0 * * * * : 0 10 * * * * : 0 20 * * * * : 0 30 * * * * : 0 40 * * * * : 0 50 * * * *|/msg ^3Visit the forum at ^4www.airattack.co.uk|
0 5 * * * * : 0 15 * * * * : 0 25 * * * * : 0 35 * * * * : 0 45 * * * * : 0 55 * * * *|/msg ^3Check your PB's at http//62.141.50.30/iisstart.html
That's great and all but where do you put it?
And where can i set the time what do i change, i'm a complete noob but don't find the guide helpfull...

Can't someone help me like live, on msn...
Quote from Private6 :That's great and all but where do you put it?
And where can i set the time what do i change, i'm a complete noob but don't find the guide helpfull...

Can't someone help me like live, on msn...

The section with 0 * * * * * = ssmmhhddMMYYYY
Seconds, Minutes,Hours,date,month,year

Place it in the section called ScheduledAction

By the way it would be good to read the cfg file as it has the full instructions in.
This thread is closed

LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG