The online racing simulator
Meteor Shower TONIGHT!!
(42 posts, started )
One question that people looking at this thread might be able to answer. A few months ago I was star gazing (its a regular thing for me) and I saw 3 red dots fixed in the same place. Now I'm not bloody idiot, I watched them for 2 hours and got out binoculars, they didn't move and they were not low in the sky. I'm assuming it was the international space station, would that be correct?
Quote from GruntOfAction :I love the red ones. They are filled with iron. We get greenies mostly,copper filled, but they are still cool..

12 AM here atm, 1 hour till peak time begins..WOOT FOR NO SCHOOL IN MORNING! (Most of school is giving out permissible leave of absence to even the teachers for the event,because they think its supost to teach some kind of astromany..what weirdos! )

Hehe, the school year over here hasnt even started yet
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :One question that people looking at this thread might be able to answer. A few months ago I was star gazing (its a regular thing for me) and I saw 3 red dots fixed in the same place. Now I'm not bloody idiot, I watched them for 2 hours and got out binoculars, they didn't move and they were not low in the sky. I'm assuming it was the international space station, would that be correct?

It was probably a satelite in Geo-syncronis(spelling?) orbit with teh earth. Maybe..

As for School I made up that excuse incase people were nosy about our schools lol..we haven't even gone back either..september ftw!
#29 - Jakg
Grrr, the one day i can't stay up until 4 AM (Gotta call the Burns unit at 8 ) and there would have been a useful benefit to do so!
Quote from GruntOfAction :It was probably a satelite in Geo-syncronis(spelling?) orbit with teh earth. Maybe..

those would be rather low in the sky
and it wasnt the iss either since that thing moves quickly across the sky
ahh meteor shower , good excuses for american to discuse nukes as flying rocks
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :One question that people looking at this thread might be able to answer. A few months ago I was star gazing (its a regular thing for me) and I saw 3 red dots fixed in the same place. Now I'm not bloody idiot, I watched them for 2 hours and got out binoculars, they didn't move and they were not low in the sky. I'm assuming it was the international space station, would that be correct?

I'm pretty sure it couldn't be the space station because since a couple of days ago i have been going out every night to watch it and it moves quite quickly and it isn't red.

if anybody is interested in it go on http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/index.html and select your country from the list on the left side and then your location, its pretty cool to watch
i was thinking of watching, but i saw there was a cruise on Test Drive unlimited so i did that instead.
We saw like 5 total last night. 2 of em actually made themselves apparent by exploding! lol.
Quote from the e rocker :I'm pretty sure it couldn't be the space station because since a couple of days ago i have been going out every night to watch it and it moves quite quickly and it isn't red.

No, some satellites are in "one position", it means they move so they look like their standind still from the earth. Ever wondered why Satellite TV antennas are allways pointed in one direction?
Yeh but he is saying the space station doesn't do that, it was strange because the lights were quite far apart, well they looked like one dot at first but with my trust binoculars i could see they were spread out. No I don't think its aliens, just wondering what it was.
Interesting. You can see the TV (etc.) satellites, but you need to use a fairly decent telescope, know where to look and be fairly lucky with the angle of the sun to see them. There are some photos here
We Are All Gunna Dieee!!!
Urgmm.. I knew that

Meteor Shower TONIGHT!!
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG