The online racing simulator
Quote from axus :Think about it: improvements for half the tracks, good interiors at long last, maybe some car model improvements, AI that is usable and physics updates. What more could one ask for?

More tracks and cars

I can't wait for Patch Y, though. New tracks or not, I want those cockpits, I want that AI. New tracks would be welcomed for sure, though.

Great article DWB. I'm impressed that you pointed out your own flaws in it too, and didn't come across as a fanboy, but as an intelligent and thorough-thoughted individual. Kudos
Quote from MAGGOT :Great article DWB. I'm impressed that you pointed out your own flaws in it too, and didn't come across as a fanboy, but as an intelligent and thorough-thoughted individual. Kudos

Thanks. It's important when you're writing for an audience as combative and volatile as the sim racing community that you take an *ahem* fair and balanced perspective.

Of course, there's no doubt that I do love LFS more than any other sim.
#53 - SamH
Gotta say, DWB, it was a really well-written article. As for fair and balanced, I was definitely left wondering (because I didn't know, when I read it) who, outside the LFS community, could possibly be so knowledgeable on the topic. I was very much left with the impression that you were on the outside of the community, looking in. Excellent job!
Quote from SamH :Gotta say, DWB, it was a really well-written article. As for fair and balanced, I was definitely left wondering (because I didn't know, when I read it) who, outside the LFS community, could possibly be so knowledgeable on the topic. I was very much left with the impression that you were on the outside of the community, looking in. Excellent job!

I thought the exact same thing.

DWB great article really well written and unbiased in either direction.
wow, gotta say, he made a great article out of that little interview we had. :o
That was definitely a good read!
Shame the author doesn't like cruising or drifting.
Perhaps he'll give them a good go one day (read: week or 2) and might learn to like them. :P
Quote from SamH :Gotta say, DWB, it was a really well-written article. As for fair and balanced, I was definitely left wondering (because I didn't know, when I read it) who, outside the LFS community, could possibly be so knowledgeable on the topic. I was very much left with the impression that you were on the outside of the community, looking in. Excellent job!

The admission that he was one of the XRR/FZR drivers in the 24hr KY3R race kind of gave it away that he was an "insider". But yes, it was written without showing bias or favoritism of LFS.

Kudos!
Quote from Chris P :That was definitely a good read!
Shame the author doesn't like cruising or drifting.
Perhaps he'll give them a good go one day (read: week or 2) and might learn to like them. :P

I've given them both a go at one point or another. Drifting is pretty impressive when done right, but I've got no talent for it or interest in pursuing it. Cruising is, to me, a terrible waste of a great sim. (ETA: it does tend to push InSim forward, though, so I guess that's a positive side effect.) Hopefully it'll provoke some developer to create another city driving MMO game a la Motor City Online, though.

:smash3d:

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Thanks. It's important when you're writing for an audience as combative and volatile as the sim racing community

nice read!
landscape layout ftw
Very interesting

But am I the only one immature enough to find the abbreviation funny?
Hah, definitely not. I chuckled every time I had to write it.
I could imagine.

"Hey Bill did you see ASS magazine?"

Would just not fit into society
#64 - th84
Nice read, DWB! Well done! (I know, Im a little late, I missed this thread somehow)
Funny they call it ASS, when you can't even wipe yours with it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG