The online racing simulator
LFS article(s) in the latest ASS
This was already mentioned in the news thread...

http://www.autosimsport.net

It includes some new information (well, mostly stuff that we already know) from Scawen but it's not exactly an interview so don't expect that. Starts from page 33.

There's also article about the Intel Racing Tour and the BMW M6 prize. Page 64.

J.B. Keough = J.B.?
#2 - Jakg
Any chance of uploading the offending pages as jpegs so that i don't need to download a PDF viewer?
Here
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
Yes, please upload it so the n00bs can see it, that means me a jakg.

Edit : Thank you Danowat.
Two great tales told in that edition actually; the GPL/Jackie Stewart coup, and Husky's Intel Racing Tour win.
I recommend getting a PDF reader and reading the whole edition, it's actually, shock horror, pretty good.
The realfeel article is quite interesting, and the 1970 sports cars one too (thats as far as I have got so far )
Jakq - Use Foxit PDF reader, just 1.3MB. Saves installing that Abobe bloatware.
Quote from banshee56 :J.B. Keough = real name of DeadWolfBones

Ok

danowat forgot the first page from the LFS article (great choice for the picture ) so here it is then. And also the Intel Racing Tour article... in .PNG.
Attached images
33.png
bmw64.png
bmw65.png
bmw66.png
bmw67.png
bmw68.png
bmw69.png
Quote from danowat :I recommend getting a PDF reader and reading the whole edition, it's actually, shock horror, pretty good.
The realfeel article is quite interesting, and the 1970 sports cars one too (thats as far as I have got so far )

and the broadcasting one maybe.. love to see that available if i want to see some of my colleagues race
I've just had a quick read through it and it's not a bad article. Obviously regular users of the forums here will know most of what's talked about.

I was pleased to hear that Westhill is due an update alongside South City - "a lot more scenery" sounds good to me
Quote from Dajmin :I was pleased to hear that Westhill is due an update alongside South City

That actually made me nervous, wondering what changes there might be to the circuit. How sad am I?
#13 - axus
Nice article! Thanks!

Looking forward to some Westhill updates...
So that's what now? - Kyoto getting some updates (according to an interview from about a year ago), South City getting some updates and Westhill getting some updates. Blackwood and Aston are already pretty much fine as it is. So that just leaves Fern Bay as the only lower quality track. ... and people complain Eric works slow, he's right on schedule if you ask me.
Great article, thanks DWB!
Quote from thisnameistaken :That actually made me nervous, wondering what changes there might be to the circuit. How sad am I?

Very, but I digress...........

I wonder exactly what "A lot more scenery entails"
Not really that much of an interview, although I can understand that it's impossible to get anything out of the devs, something that you would count as something we don't already know at least. But it was a good read.

But now, let the speculating start! What will happen to Westhill? "Some changes" and more interestingly "a lot more scenery"? Could the latter more mysterious part mean that there would be more track laid down on Westhill, second layout for one of the least used tracks perhaps? Can anyone think of another explanation, this is the only one I can think of. I hate and love the dam teasing! Grr!

edit. Aww you started the speculating already, I'm such a slow typ(o)er.

And obviously Scawen's hype worked like a charm. Funny how little one man has to say.
Quote from thisnameistaken :That actually made me nervous, wondering what changes there might be to the circuit. How sad am I?

I smell a new configuration (WE) .
Fingers crossed we'll find out with patch Y. A good read, although as stated, nothing new for active forum goers.

Edit: WE National?
I've said before I'd quite like to see a Westhill rallyx circuit - there's an acre of infield space inside the first and second sectors and it's hilly - could be fun.

The only thing that seems a likely addition is more kerbs, on the outside of T4, braking area for the final corner, maybe in the downhill chicane. I sort-of hope they don't though, I like the way Westhill feels a bit outdated, gives it a bit of character.
I just hope "more scenery" doesn't mean adding some skycrapers (like the ones in BL GP ) because Westhill looks like a track that's in the middle of nothing. Skycrapers doesn't really fit the picture.

Quote from Bob Smith :Edit: WE National?

I really hope the Devs stop using the sub-config names that already exist, on future tracks. It's confusing. When you say '...Green chicane...'everyone knows which track. I've once wanted to go to one 'National' and ended up on the other.
WE Universal.
I'd like to know if we're like to see more combos and track layout changes, or if they are just graphical updates, meaning higher poly buildings/trackside objects and better textures.

It does sound to me like it's just the latter, but you never can tell. The guys like to surprise us
We2r Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#25 - Jakg
Quote from Bob Smith :Jakq - Use Foxit PDF reader, just 1.3MB. Saves installing that Abobe bloatware.

Not my PC, i'm a Foxit addict on my own, but thats got no OS atm

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG