The online racing simulator
top speeds
(366 posts, started )
It's not a matter of braking pb, we all've some day wanted to see at wich speed the car goes. It's just a test drive and should be properly done. In my case i'm never speeding if there is people on the street. You can risk your own life as you wish but not invole 3rd party people.

The problem is that evrybody don't have a track or an authoban near by them. And event then, going on a real track can be more dangerous than just speeding in a straigh line wich goes uphill and wich you perfectly know (in my case).

The main thing to remain is that by speeding you increas dramacticaly your chances to crash your car, hurt you or somebody else and finaly it just save you some seconds, one or two minutes on a long way. Does it worst the price? In lfs: hell yhea, on the street: not for shure. I won't like to live with a death or whatelse on my conscience
Quote from 2xM :~180kph in Corsa 1.2 - not the best feeling since the car has shity handling -i'm a beginer driver btw

Edit: 180 according to the speedometer of course

extracting the urine? 1.2 rofl 180 rofl some more...

ive had 150 kph out of my corsa and thats a 1.4
slighty beefier tyres..i prefer corners over straits..monkeys can do straits

my mk2 golf gti did 220 kph on the speedo ...so lets say 185/190 ish
great car...till the engine crapped itself :tombstone replacement was more expensive then what i paid for it so had too go

all the topspeeds were done on Track !!!
~235 Km/h in a Dodge SRT-4, on the Transcanada hiway
I did 250 km/h -ish in a 911 Porsche Carrera Cup on the Spa-Francorchamps track, in the rain (not me driving). The Eau Rouge/Raidillon corner is awesome!

Over here in Belgium they used to be quite loose with the speedlimits, but the last couple of years the authorities started to become pretty tough on speeding. Installed speed cameras all over the place (well, flamish part of the country mainly). I don't mind speeding when conditions are appropriate = empty 3-lane highway in the middle of the night. I've started biking recently and riding in the city ( respecting speed limits) is waaay more dangerous than driving a couple of kms/h too fast on the highway. People should start paying attention in their car. The stuff you see people doing in their cars during the morning rush-hour
Quote from yozzer : extracting the urine?

That reminded me of
Quote from Mitsufumi :When I drive it F1 CHALLENGES I get very sick, in fact I throw the vomit and urine when race!!

Sorry, is this a weiner showing contest, i can join in too? Unfortuantely i fear that any speed under 120mph is going to mean my weiner isnt as big as everyone elses here
#32 - JTbo
Quote from dynofiend :Sorry, is this a weiner showing contest, i can join in too? Unfortuantely i fear that any speed under 120mph is going to mean my weiner isnt as big as everyone elses here

Ahhahah, but you forgot me, my other car top speed is 130kph, what is that 70Mph or something like that?

So certainly your weiner is bigger than that

Well, I thoght that this was thread about top speed of your own car, but it seems to be turned to illegal speed bragging....
-
(Christofire) DELETED by Christofire
#33 - 2xM
Quote from yozzer : extracting the urine? 1.2 rofl 180 rofl some more...

ive had 150 kph out of my corsa and thats a 1.4
slighty beefier tyres..i prefer corners over straits..monkeys can do straits

I did it on the straight part of Slovenian highway (we have quite a lot of turns, uphills and downhills ), not a lot fuel and of course not many cars and trucks on road. And as I said: according to speedometer . And what corsa do you have? -my brother did 160 in Renault 5 (not sure if it wasn't downhill straight)
As for the turns...I don't intend to test the car, because the handling is just rubbish. Looking forward to getting a new car

PS: why speeding on public road? -we don't have any tracks
#34 - JTbo
Quote from 2xM :
PS: why speeding on public road? -we don't have any tracks

You don't need a track, get involved in rallying or something, I see there is rally events so there must be some practising possibilities too
500mph in my mate's Lada. It was a red one.

Didn't kill that many people either.
#36 - JTbo
Quote from thisnameistaken :500mph in my mate's Lada. It was a red one.

Didn't kill that many people either.

You got one 0 too many

But what is fastest speed you have been in? I have been around 1500 kph, launch felt really terrifying good
Speed limits are enforced very sticlty around here. On highways it's 100 km/h everywhere. Even so, I managed to do 140 km/h one day when everybody was going that fast. That's in a Corolla btw.
ive done 60mph on a spacehopper.

not really, but that would be sooooooooooo fun! ! ! !

I've got my kart to around 75mph (calculating it through revs). I've been driven up to 120mph down Hangar Straight in a Caterham of some kind and my dad took his car to 110mph in France once.

Oh and I've been 650mph-ish in a plane.
my fastest is 147 with 5 people in car i was'nt driving though it was old astra gte had lots of work done many years ago now though fastest ive driven is 120 in my astra van 1.7 tdi
250kph/150mph in an Audi A6 wagon on the Oberhausen Straight (autobahn). Spent a good 15-20 minutes at that speed. Was quite a blast and took plenty of video of it (I wasn't driving, of course )
around 250 in my old (now sold) e36 325 turbo...the car just stopped accelerating...
that was on public roads, and ehm...well...let's say I had some problems with my girlfriend back then...never went faster in my life...on public roads..
#43 - DeKo
about 100 in my mates clio, the day after he passed his test, and he got a ticket for it.
I once drove in a SL55 on the Nordschleife. I have no idea how fast we went though, my eyes popped into my head right at the Start.
My Nissan Altima tops off about 125 mph. My friend once got a written warning only for doing 105 mph in a 35 mph zone while I got a ticket doing 60 in a 45 with old folks passing me .

Most cars I've had were limited at 107. I was surprised the Altima wasn't limited. It's a 96 and my 89 Toyota was limited at 107.

When I was 20 though, it was a nightly occurance to be hitting 120 mph. Girlfriend lived out in the sticks and I drove 120 to and from her place daily. My average speed in that car the entire time I owned it was probably 100 mph. I don't recommend doing that, just that I did it.
I've gotten mine to 143 mph, or 230km/h, it was still accelerating but I had to let off. Quite a rush.
#47 - 2xM
Quote from JTbo :You don't need a track, get involved in rallying or something, I see there is rally events so there must be some practising possibilities too

If I had money, I would. Trust me on that one ..anyway it was just once..usually I drive around 140-150 if there's no traffic on highway...to raise my heart beat, for now, I use RBR, LFS and GTR games
Clio read 105mph on the speedo, at an airfield.

In reality it was probably less then that.
About 301 KM/H in yellow Corvette Z06,

in forza 2
At Least I have proof =

While I was in Germany my host took his Dad's brand new bmw up to 260kmph on the autobahn (video). Yes I know the music is not the most hardcore, but I needed to be calmed down in a situation with a nooby at the wheel. He was 18, but there he just got his license, I'm 18 and I've been driving 3 years back in the states... quite odd. In an 07' g35x with me driving I took it up to 125mph with it still accelerating hard, but I was way to scared to continue on. Too illegal here to do that

top speeds
(366 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG