The online racing simulator
Team BlitZ comback!
(116 posts, started )
OK, I hope some of you will read this because it will help you in the future when you decide to either make a team, join a team or re-resurrect this team. It will also save others from reading this BS again and again.

The reason they fall apart in a blaze of childish arguments and back stabbing is because forum teams seem to attract that certain type of person (sorry but you can't really deny it...just read this thread) and the criteria for joining is none existent, no, getting to know the team, no, racing with the team, nothing.

The way more established teams work, well, I'll tell you how ATC works when someone new wants to join (this also may help if you'd like to join, but if you were involved in this then don't bother).

If you want to join ATC the biggest thing is to getting to know it's members, so before you even submit an application you'd need to race and get to know a few of us and we're talking weeks to do this.

When you apply, depending on how long we've known you, we'd either have a private poll running for a week or 2 so ATC members can say what they think and vote. Or we'd take a few weeks to get to know you, talk on teamspeak, play a few games and generally have a laugh then have the vote.

By doing this and taking time over allowing someone new in we make sure the new person will not cause arguments or problems with the team and that they get along with everyone, this is how the team has latest so long.

This is also what a new team must do to avoid the situation that a lot of teams created here seem to fall down on. You want members to create a team, yes, but you also need to make sure they are right for you, that they play LFS enough for you, that they are willing to take an active roll in the team to move it forward (more important when starting out).

If you want to be in a longer lasting team, expect a much, much longer application period or get to know the team before you apply (weeks). If you think replying to a thread is enough to join a team then expect more of the same.

p.s. Sorry for the long post.
Niko, theres 3 leaders, right? Why dont you leave, and let the others continue on the team?
Quote from garph :OK, I hope some of you will read this because it will help you in the future when you decide to either make a team, join a team or re-resurrect this team. It will also save others from reading this BS again and again...

All good advice, gAg, but something tells me it'll be ignored
Quote from garph :and the criteria for joining is none existent, no, getting to know the team, no, racing with the team, nothing.

But theres the MILEAGE!!

If you have driven 5000 miles you just HAVE to be a clean and friendly racer and fit in every team.
Quote from garph :OK, I hope some of you will read this because it will help you in the future when you decide to either make a team, join a team or re-resurrect this team. It will also save others from reading this BS again and again.

The reason they fall apart in a blaze of childish arguments and back stabbing is because forum teams seem to attract that certain type of person (sorry but you can't really deny it...just read this thread) and the criteria for joining is none existent, no, getting to know the team, no, racing with the team, nothing.

The way more established teams work, well, I'll tell you how ATC works when someone new wants to join (this also may help if you'd like to join, but if you were involved in this then don't bother).

If you want to join ATC the biggest thing is to getting to know it's members, so before you even submit an application you'd need to race and get to know a few of us and we're talking weeks to do this.

When you apply, depending on how long we've known you, we'd either have a private poll running for a week or 2 so ATC members can say what they think and vote. Or we'd take a few weeks to get to know you, talk on teamspeak, play a few games and generally have a laugh then have the vote.

By doing this and taking time over allowing someone new in we make sure the new person will not cause arguments or problems with the team and that they get along with everyone, this is how the team has latest so long.

This is also what a new team must do to avoid the situation that a lot of teams created here seem to fall down on. You want members to create a team, yes, but you also need to make sure they are right for you, that they play LFS enough for you, that they are willing to take an active roll in the team to move it forward (more important when starting out).

If you want to be in a longer lasting team, expect a much, much longer application period or get to know the team before you apply (weeks). If you think replying to a thread is enough to join a team then expect more of the same.

p.s. Sorry for the long post.

Garph, UKCT works in a very similar way, In reality, we're just a bunch of friends, some of which play LFS, some of which party with Cucumbers (Tina.. ..Dan...), some are just general computing enthusiasts and we get along so well because we are just all friends first, and then LFS/BF2/Sup Com/ectera comes after that. Teams who "recruit" will never work well because it goes like blowing up a balloon, it gets bigger and bigger, then people get tired and it deflates or gets too big and explodes.
Funny members. One time they say comeback and then team dissapears. Ha ha ha
Another team bites the dust lol , that lasted for what ? 3 weeks

I'll get over it lol
wow wth happend :S
aah i see.. alot happens in 3 weeks :S
<--- was on holiday
<---- meh

Team BlitZ comback!
(116 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG