The online racing simulator
Optimum Entry Racing Angle
(58 posts, started )
Stuff his unorthodox posts, I'd just ban him for that bloody signature.
How much are Red Bull paying you harjun?
Quote from Taavi(EST) :I think a thumb down button would be more useful, then most people wouldn't have to circumlocute every time someone acts retarded.

Hehehe, great idea!
Just imagine it, everytime a certain user achieved a pre-determined number of "thumbs down" his posting font would be automatically reduced by 1pt, With no way of avoiding it (via edit or whatever). That way, the really bad posters would still be able to post but eventually what they posted would be so damn small on the screen that noone would be able to read it at all.

THAT would be amusing.
A bit of slipping can really help at South City, it's good for getting you lined up for a nicer view of the apex (barrier) and the exit point of the corner, allowing for more speed on exit. Understeering in some of those corners loses tonnes of time where as a little oversteer gives you more room for error. Slamming the breaks on at top speed and shifting the weight of the car can get the back end to step out a little helping you to glide round the corner.
Thread of the day?

Thank me!!
Quote from Meanie :Hehehe, great idea!
Just imagine it, everytime a certain user achieved a pre-determined number of "thumbs down" his posting font would be automatically reduced by 1pt, With no way of avoiding it (via edit or whatever). That way, the really bad posters would still be able to post but eventually what they posted would be so damn small on the screen that noone would be able to read it at all.

THAT would be amusing.

Solves the problems of having to read any posts of Niko's or Harjuns.
If you spill red wine on your carpet, use white wine to help lift the stain. If someone else spills red wine on your carpet, make them do it.

However logical it may seem, do not try to get white wine out of the carpet by using red wine.

Just a tip.
Thanks kev! saved me a bunch of time trying to get that damn white wine stain out.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Thanks kev! saved me a bunch of time trying to get that damn white wine stain out.

red carpet ?
Stop watching thru my window thx.
I'm tempted to think harjun is talking about having a 5 degree slip angle being optimum when cornering. If this were the case, though, then it'd be the optimum for all corners, not just hairpins. In "Speed Secrets" by Ross Bentley he marks roughly 6-7 degrees as the optimum slip angle for best performance versus tyre wear.
Crap. I just spilled espresso on mum's white suede couch. And her cat - the prize-winning white Persian, Mr Fiddlesticks!

Kev! Help! Bwaaaugh!! :eek:
Try white paint?
I read the post fine. So fine in fact, that I did not realise it had all these errors in. Possibly this is because I am as dyslexic as the original poster, although when my doctor tested for dysxlexia she just said 'nah - I think you're just thick'... . lol.

Anyway regarding slip into a corner, am I the only one who just cant drive LFS that precisely all the time. I mean somtimes I can, some cars/tracks/setups etc, but quite often I approach corners knowing what I want to do, but what actually happens is at the turn in points I react to whatever the car decides it is going to do in order to get around the bend.

I put this down to a lack of feeling from the drivers seat, i'm more consistent in real life - I swear! lol.
Heh. I mean it's all very fine and dandy telling someone 5 degrees is best, you might as well not bother.

When approaching a corner do you think:

a) I'm going to take this corner at precisely 63.5mph while maintaining an optimal 4.5 degress slip angle feathering the throttle to 65% at the slightly-late apex

or

b) hooolllld ooonnn!!!

I suspect more the latter than the former
Quote from Bob Smith :When approaching a corner do you think:

a) I'm going to take this corner at precisely 63.5mph while maintaining an optimal 4.5 degress slip angle feathering the throttle to 65% at the slightly-late apex

or

b) hooolllld ooonnn!!!

I think the former but it normally turns out to actually be the latter
Quote from Becky Rose :I read the post fine. So fine in fact, that I did not realise it had all these errors in. Possibly this is because I am as dyslexic as the original poster, although when my doctor tested for dysxlexia she just said 'nah - I think you're just thick'... . lol.

Anyway regarding slip into a corner, am I the only one who just cant drive LFS that precisely all the time. I mean somtimes I can, some cars/tracks/setups etc, but quite often I approach corners knowing what I want to do, but what actually happens is at the turn in points I react to whatever the car decides it is going to do in order to get around the bend.

I put this down to a lack of feeling from the drivers seat, i'm more consistent in real life - I swear! lol.

For me, I can only really do it at south city, I just practice a lot there and know my braking points well there. (remember, dont use shadows or other peoples skid marks as braking points they change!). I usually aim for the same consistent line but try to push my braking points and shift the weight of the car more to get it to go over and the back end can step out a little bit. Little mini scandinavian flicks on tarmac, in my head. Did that even make sense...LOL

Sorry to hear about your cat.

Quote from Bob Smith :Heh. I mean it's all very fine and dandy telling someone 5 degrees is best, you might as well not bother.

When approaching a corner do you think:

or

b) hooolllld ooonnn!!!

I suspect more the latter than the former

I guess this depends on how many laps you have done in the car at that circuit, wether youre making a pass and are on the inside line, or sometimes just as a little surprise because of loss of concentration. I usually find that under braking i'll put a wheel on the dirt making my braking distance much longer and putting the car sideways and then it's a crazy dorifto with dip, while going into the corner.
Quote from Bob Smith :a) I'm going to take this corner at precisely 63.5mph while maintaining an optimal 4.5 degress slip angle feathering the throttle to 65% at the slightly-late apex

from what ive gathered biggie has time to think about these things ... even when driving a bf1
Quote from Shotglass :from what ive gathered biggie has time to think about these things ... even when driving a bf1

That's incredible, I always marvelled at the fact that the major "hotlappahs" seem to take serious note of corner speed. If I glance at the speedo I generally make a mockery of my intended line.
To be honest Harjun, I think you need to stop drinking Red bull and become sane again.

Telling someone that "5 degrees it optimal" is like a professional golfer saying to a total newbie that "hitting the ball with an exactly centered blow will give the best shot."

You didn't teach anyone anything. You just want thanking.

I vote for a -1 button.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :That's incredible, I always marvelled at the fact that the major "hotlappahs" seem to take serious note of corner speed. If I glance at the speedo I generally make a mockery of my intended line.

Thats right Tristan! YOU SHOW HIM!

Harjun, Lay off the redbull/all caffene, and please stop being a thanks-whore.

KTHX.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Originally Posted by Ball Bearing Turbo

Thats right Tristan! YOU SHOW HIM!

Maybe you should also take less of the things you take.
Excellent, that's twice now. My plan is coming to fruition muuhohoahaha
Avatar theft is rife - read usernames before replying

Optimum Entry Racing Angle
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG