What we need is some nice big marks after the wheels and it would look okey.
#52 - Gunn
Quote from Electrik Kar :
I just took another screenshot to make sure something funny hadn't happened with that other shot (which has been sitting on my HD for months, just waiting for the right time to be used as evidence to prove the car quality over tracks argument! Razz )

What argument? I don't rate "the tracks" on the quality of the gravel texture. I never get to look at the gravel so closely, I'm usually rushing past. I use default textures in LFS for all tracks, I am yet to be convinced that there is a worthwhile replacement available. Not that better textures aren't possible, I just haven't seen any so far.
Well, I'm not being totally serious. I've been a pretty n00b driver for most of my time in LFS, so I get to see lots of gravel, usually from a stationary POV (bogged). That first pic I posted was just some random shot I took ages ago, which spoke to me that the quality of certain textures wasn't so good. But that's just my personal opinion, I'm not exactly trying to win any arguments here.

edit: but I did want to clarify that the texture in my screenshot was the same as the texture in your screenshot.
the gravel needs more depth, physically in the track mesh.
#55 - Gunn
Quote from Electrik Kar :Well, I'm not being totally serious. I've been a pretty n00b driver for most of my time in LFS, so I get to see lots of gravel, usually from a stationary POV (bogged). That first shot I posted was just some random shot I took ages ago, which spoke to me that the quality of certain textures wasn't so good. But that's just my personal opinion, I'm not exactly trying to win any arguments here.

Yeah I'm not trying to get on your case, I just think that the gavel texture is not a good example of where appearance needs to be improved. The gravel looks quite ok until you get really close. Well, it looks like ... gravel. Shy
And when you are in the gravel you pretty much tries to come as fast as you can out from it too Tilt
Depends, Gravel is fun, especially for me who needs a sun-tan.
Quote from marzman :The roof is too high for a mini and the lights are strange. It looks more like a Daihatsu Trevis, but i think that car was born after the UF1 so it could not be based on that. http://www.autoblog.nl/images/wp/Daihatsu%20Trevis.jpg

maximum uglyness, i'd rather walk a long trip then driving this thing...
seriously,... nah i've nothing more to add, just... bah...

regards
Quote from rc10racer :All cars are planned to be redone for S2 final or patch Y.

Were did you get that information???

and TWO:::::::::

Hey guys, Im telling you this from the perspective of a sketch artist... DONT JUDGE INCOMPLETE WORK!

LFS is alpha, there is a massive chance that virtually enything could get overhauled at anytime,

and , the cars were probably never considered complete in the first place. They are likely to change sooner or late, but not anytime soon.

Rather wait till 2009 before complaining about model quality, rather make technology suggestions instead!
Quote from DaveWS :The tracks in LFS look very very realistic, but the cars are really lacking. I don't think that many more polygons are needed, but some better lighting and mapping effects.

I'll have to disagree here... no tracks I know in real life have crazy shadows appearing from nowhere and the most ridiculous clipping & popping I've ever seen.

As I've always said though, the texture work considering the low-res textures used has been utilised pretty well.. but due to so many errors / glitches on just about every track in the game, it removes any kind of "very realistic" enthusiasm for me. Fix these.. and Blackwood in particular would be very realistic IMO.. by far the best track in the game.

Back to the original topic, I'd agree that the UF appears to be one of the new cars with the least detail externally. The looks / design itself is fine, but the poly count in places could do with some additional polys I think.. not to change the styling in any way, just to refine some of the corners / edges. Likewise I think the interior is pretty much fine for the UF.. there wasn't much to an old Mini dash either Smile

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :I'll have to disagree here... no tracks I know in real life have crazy shadows appearing from nowhere and the most ridiculous clipping & popping I've ever seen.

As I've always said though, the texture work considering the low-res textures used has been utilised pretty well.. but due to so many errors / glitches on just about every track in the game, it removes any kind of "very realistic" enthusiasm for me. Fix these.. and Blackwood in particular would be very realistic IMO.. by far the best track in the game.

Back to the original topic, I'd agree that the UF appears to be one of the new cars with the least detail externally. The looks / design itself is fine, but the poly count in places could do with some additional polys I think.. not to change the styling in any way, just to refine some of the corners / edges. Likewise I think the interior is pretty much fine for the UF.. there wasn't much to an old Mini dash either Smile

Regards,

Ian

Play any other game, and LFS tracks look just as good. They are miles better than rFactor tracks.
Quote from DaveWS :Play any other game, and LFS tracks look just as good. They are miles better than rFactor tracks.

Agree, BUT, AA and AF are a MUST in LFS... Without it, it looks rather ugly..
Quote : Hey guys, Im telling you this from the perspective of a sketch artist... DONT JUDGE INCOMPLETE WORK!

Judging's a little different than observing and making a few chit chat comments about a work in progress. Judgement can only be reserved for a final product (as you said, rather emphatically), and everyone here understands that.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Agree, BUT, AA and AF are a MUST in LFS... Without it, it looks rather ugly..

Agree on you there.
The strange for me, is that if I put up 4AA and 16AF I only lose like 2-3 FPS when I see the whole field, but I somehow gets dizzy, my head and eyes start to hurt after some time, I don`t know why but it only happens when I have AA and AF on.
After needing to drive the UF1 on the cruising server, the details really starting to bother me. The interior looks more like a Citroën 2CV than that of a Mini. I do hope it gets improved.
#67 - Gunn
Why should it look like a Mini? The car is UF1 and it looks exactly like a UF1.
i think UF1 interrior is horrible
Quote from Gunn :Why should it look like a Mini? The car is UF1 and it looks exactly like a UF1.

Well spoken. Fully agreed.
Quote from mantvisrep :i think UF1 interrior is horrible

Then use chase veiw Tilt
Thats what I do lol, maybe thats why I not complain on the car..
Quote from Gunn :Why should it look like a Mini? The car is UF1 and it looks exactly like a UF1.

The RB4 is based on a supra and the interior does have similarities with a Supra interior, doesn't it ? I'm just saying that there is too less detail in it.

Exactly why the dev's went fantasy IMO (as well as other obvious things).

If they made real cars, they'd have hundreds of people complaining that the ash tray in the Mini is 2CM far to the left.

Fantasy means that the cars, are how they were made to be. No one can complain that its not like the real life one, if thats not what it meant to be.
I don´t mind the tail lights or the interior. They may not be detailed but they´re not offensivily ugly. The headlights on the other hand... :vomit:
If you ask me its fun to drive but man that thing is ugly ist not mini not a compackd car its just a Frankenstein mobil
The UF1 has been based off of the Mini and the Trevis though

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG