The online racing simulator
UF really needs graphic attention..
I never liked UF1/R, and the biggest reason is it's looks. While i love RL Minni Morris'es, LFS version is, i hate to say it.. redicolous. In RL, although they are small and you could say funny, there is something about them that makes them a drivers car.
UF in LFS looks like it was done in one hour in a hurry to make it in the S2 Alpha version..
These days i drove UF1 for our upcoming "SERT Tuesdays" race, and i gotta say it's a great car to drive. You really have to drive it with caution and there are a lot of techniques that you have to aply to drive it competatively so it's a shame that it really looks redicolous graphically...
The doorline stops halfway up the wing, it is pretty rediculous.
i think its such a shame the UF1 looks so crap There are some pretty good interiors available for it though. Skinman made some good ones

Not exactly the same but I don't think it was the goal. It is still pretty close to a mini and it got the same feeling. I have nothing say about it. It is just fine for me
I think it was the goal, but i'm not saying it should look exactly like the Mini, it's just needs more details. Look at the rear lights... seriously, what is that?
#6 - bbman
I think we can safely say that all of the cars could do with some more details, not just the UF, although it looks more like child's toy than angry racecar... That said, they're not that ugly I'd demand immediate change...
#7 - wark
Wasn't the UF one of those cars that was planned to be changed? along with the LX4 and maybe one or two others? They had some warning about skins for them not going to work forever. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

P.S. I clearly remember seeing a very modern car the UF was [obviously] based on. Some Korean car or something. Maybe it was only in the concept stage, but it was a near match.
More detailed cars = less FPS = NOT A CHANCE IN BLODY HELL!
erhmm..

To be subjective here, I really thinks that the graphics and looks of the cars in LFS is good enough. Of course they are probally not "good" looking by today`s standard, but do we really need better graphics on various things in LFS? I like it the way it is, what I want is new stuff and such, and still will be able to play it on my computer, if they update the graphics I can say Good Bye to LFS :/ And I think a lot of people are in the same boat as me. Of course I can simply buy a new computer, but I don`t have the money for it

But that was not what this topic was about, sorry whent off topic as ever ><. Thing is - I like the way the cars looks, no need for any change or more detailed car in my oppinion
Quote from wark :Wasn't the UF one of those cars that was planned to be changed? along with the LX4 and maybe one or two others?

All cars are planned to be redone for S2 final or patch Y.
Quote from rc10racer :All cars are planned to be redone for S2 final or patch Y.

You saying that we may get graphical update on some of the cars allready as soon as the Y patchs?

As far as I understand this will be a big update. AI update...SO update and now graphical update on some cars?

May just be me that has wrong here, but if I`m right this will be a big step in the LFS development.
I suppose due to copyright issues, the Devs had to make something that looked like a cross between a Mini, a Morris Minor and a Fiat 500.
Quote from Maelstrom :I have nothing say about it. It is just fine for me

Well, it really isn't just fine..

Shot at 2007-07-30

I mean.. really...
Not asking for that kind of sick details (wouldn't mind though), just a "couple" of more polygons, i am not a graphic whore, not by any means, but i find it humiliating driving around with those UF's...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well, it really isn't just fine..

Shot at 2007-07-30

I mean.. really...
Not asking for that kind of sick details (wouldn't mind though), just a "couple" of more polygons, i am not a graphic whore, not by any means, but i find it humiliating driving around with those UF's...

Are you aware that the picture you showed is not a mini?
But a Renault clio! A modern car against an old fashioned one!

Here is the back of a mini

thats a clio V6! I think the mini needs to look more like the old mini cooper S with that sexy antenna on the rear roof. the UFR needs a rear and front spoiler in my opinion.
BTW the UF models are supost to change before S2 final
Quote from Maelstrom :Are you aware that the picture you showed is not a mini?

Offcourse i am, just showing how can a game look like in 2007...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Offcourse i am, just showing how can a game look like in 2007...

You want only modern cars?
I prefer to have both and there's no modern mini ( the BMW's is too far from the original concept. It weight almost 1000 kg).
UF1 needs tailights like a proper Mini, not ones ripped from the XFG
Quote from Maelstrom :You want only modern cars?
I prefer to have both and there's no modern mini ( the BMW's is too far from the original concept. It weight almost 1000 kg).

Umm, no, i am perfectly satisfied with behaviour of UF1, just not with it's looks. On that picture you posted, count the number of details of that and the UF's back picture..

The picture i posted just shows the comparison of details beatween GT5 prologue and LFS..
I reckon the UF has character, but that character is kinda cartoony (have you seen how Yamakawa brings out that cartoonyness in his UF1 videos?). It's a fun car, it looks fun, but it looks like a kids game car, where the object is to pop bubbles on the road or something, and avoid the snails

Graphically I have more of a problem with the front lights and their very un-smooth polygonal look.

There are definitely a few cars which stand out as really needing a modeling overhaul. The UF is one of 'em.

Quote :All cars are planned to be redone for S2 final or patch Y.

Never heard anything about this. But I hope 'tis true
I think of the UF1 like the origonal mini and the XFG like a new one. the XFG seems sporty. the UF1 needs more sports in it.
Quote from Maelstrom :You want only modern cars?

I think he is pointing out that the clio is an ingame shot.
Compare the rear of the mini with the UF. What's the problem with the UF? It doesn't have any details. If only there would be a handle and a lock to open the trunk, maybe a noticeable seal between the roof and the rear window, and it would already look a lot better. Then up front, the bumper is dull and just a flat surface. It would also look a lot better with nice chrome sticking out bumper.
Quote from rovens :I think he is pointing out that the clio is an ingame shot.

It took me some time to realize that! The graphics are very impressive.
Is this the game which won't have any cockpits? It's hard to believe, seeing as they went to so much trouble modeling everything else to perfection, but are deciding to leave the most important bit out!
#25 - Jakg
Quote from Electrik Kar :Is this the game which won't have any cockpits? It's hard to believe, seeing as they went to so much trouble modeling everything else to perfection, but are deciding to leave the most important bit out!

It will have Cockpits now, but chances are the graphics wont look like that (GT4 did the same thing before release). I don't remember Scawen saying that every car would be redone for "Y", so don't get yer hopes up! He said that SO and GTR cockpits were up for a redesign, but nothing else...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG