The online racing simulator
i got some sorta brain problem
(44 posts, started )
ive benn watchin alot of biology shows and stuff and figured out i got some sort of brain disease like thing were my senes get all tied up. they say everyone has but tis so minor u dont notice it. like when eat something u say it tastes too ''square''. forgot wat it was called though
Quote from funnybone2 : ive benn watchin alot of biology shows and stuff and figured out i got some sort of brain disease like thing were my senes get all tied up. they say everyone has but tis so minor u dont notice it. like when eat something u say it tastes too ''square''. forgot wat it was called though

I`m not sure if I completely understand what you mean :S
Quote from funnybone2 : ive benn watchin alot of biology shows and stuff and figured out i got some sort of brain disease like thing were my senes get all tied up. they say everyone has but tis so minor u dont notice it. like when eat something u say it tastes too ''square''. forgot wat it was called though

correct me if im wrong( lets hope im wrong ), you just went and believed some statistics your heard on tv...?
Yes, it is called 'hypocondria'.

EDIT: If you got offended by that, I'm deeply sorry, but you better go see a medical expert i.e. a doctor before thinking you have some sort of a disease.
Quote from pine-fin :Yes, it is called 'hypocondria'.

In every case of hypocondria, there lies a paradox.

It's called synesthesia.

Dont watch biology shows they are bad for ur health.
#8 - Gunn
It's called adolescence. It will pass eventually.
It's called LSD. Pass the sauce please.

EDIT: Removed smiley because teh intertubes is serious business.
Quote from Serpentine :It's called synesthesia.

Yep. Ten points to Gryffindor.

FYI
FYI 2

Excerpt from the first link:

Quote :Types of Synesthesia

Most defintions of synesthesia refer to cross modal sensory experiences. That is experiences where a percept in one sense initiates or co-occurs with a percept in another sense. One example of this is when you listen to music and you see visual images like colours or shapes. This form of coloured hearing is called Chromesthesia.

There are however a number of synesthesia types where the percept initiates another class of percept in the same sense. One example of this is when you see black printed letters or numbers as having a color associated with them. This is referred to as grapheme / number to color synesthesia. We are going to look at a few of the different types below.

The most common form of synesthesia (at least the one most widely studied) is grapheme / number to color. Graphemes (letters of the alphabet) or numbers visually presented in black typeface can initiate the experience of colour. The synesthetes who experience this often report that the color is superimposed on the letter in the external environment but many also report seeing the colour in the minds eye. Exactly how these reports are different is dificult to determine from a scientific and research point of view, but one thing seems likely - these experiences are perceptually real and not imagined. That is, the synesthetes color experience may utilise similar pathways in the brain as normal color vision.

Perhaps one or two smart-arse remarks could have been avoided if one or two people spent ten seconds with Google
thanks hankstar and serpenttine. also gunn this is not adolesence.
Quote from spankmeyer :It's called LSD. Pass the sauce please.

Hmmm... if LSD is too difficult, try a locked diff. It works quite well in many fwd cars
I've never heard licking a differential box could get one high. Unless you're a very enthusiastic mechanic.
Quote from funnybone2 :figured out i got some sort of brain disease like thing

Does it cause bas grammar too?
#15 - FL!P
Quote from Serpentine :It's called synesthesia.

Yep. My wife lives very well with it. And AFAIK it's not much of a problem for anyone. I'd say don't worry about it and enjoy the extra feelings it gives you.
It can't be adolescence, because Funnybone2 isn't a teen yet
Quote from spankmeyer :I've never heard licking a differential box could get one high. Unless you're a very enthusiastic mechanic.

With the collision detection as it is now, if you touch anything with the differential box, be it a tongue or a barrier, you will get high.
Quote from Hankstar :Yep. Ten points to Gryffindor.

FYI
FYI 2

Excerpt from the first link:

Perhaps one or two smart-arse remarks could have been avoided if one or two people spent ten seconds with Google

The first page is very green.

OMG, i've got it too!

On a more serious note, the internet and the television have created something of a cultural revolution in the medical profession. Many more conditions are being identified and treated because of raised awareness.

This is also proving to be something of a double edged sword as patients try to speak with the authority of a trained clinitian - ironically in some cases leaving the patient better informed than a General Practitioner about a particular condition - but not necessary providing the broad overview necessary for a provisional diagnosis.

Increased diagnosis rates combined with high medication costs for rare conditions is also something of a double edged sword because few countries can actually afford to treat their sick, certainly in the UK this is a huge problem and the NHS has stumbled from financial disaster to financial disaster for decades.

EDIT: Fixed some of my dyslexia... /irony
That's right Becky, I'm in med school and now almost everyone seems to be able to diagnose themselves with all the tools that the internet provides you, the problem is that healthy people tend to relate isolated symptoms they have and find in the web for a specific health problem and when they read the other symptoms they start having them, sort of a psychological problem. The real problem comes when the patient thinks that he is right about his condition.
Quote from Hankstar's link :The most common form of synesthesia (at least the one most widely studied) is grapheme / number to color. Graphemes (letters of the alphabet) or numbers visually presented in black typeface can initiate the experience of colour.

Every time I see the number 990000 all I see is colour red... am I synesthesic?
brain problems are very serious and not to be taken lightly, in your case funnybone i think your problem is alot more simple than any brain malfunction.....its most likely to be that you lack having one *jokes*
#22 - JTbo

Watch less biology shows and never ever get home doctor book and you will heal by yourself
Quote from wheel4hummer :Does it cause bas grammar too?

Yes, it does cause bas grammar.

Funnybone...This recent discovery of your brain problem would explain a few of your posts

I'm joking ofcourse, please don't take me seriously. If your brain is mushed see your Doc
This is the funniest thread/thread title i have ever seen.

(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG