The online racing simulator
What's your fuel efficiency?
(71 posts, started )
ehhh? whats is my mpg?

Travelled distance:22098 MlFuel burnt:11474 Ltr
i am used to calculate these kind of things on Liter/100km

Travelled distance:96273 Km
Fuel burnt:47794 Ltr
which is: 49,64 liter/100km (for comparison this is: 2,01 km/liter or 0.49 liter/km)

jesus, good this is only virtual... on my real live car i have like 6 liter/100km and i feel guilty for producing too much pollution...
1:3.78
#29 - JTbo
Quote from Fischfix :i am used to calculate these kind of things on Liter/100km

Travelled distance:96273 Km
Fuel burnt:47794 Ltr
which is: 49,64 liter/100km (for comparison this is: 2,01 km/liter or 0.49 liter/km)

jesus, good this is only virtual... on my real live car i have like 6 liter/100km and i feel guilty for producing too much pollution...

Trucks do drink even more than 50l/100km on some use and they drive quite a lot more than you in year, there is no point being worried for you, imo.

If you would use your daily ride on track similar way as you use cars in LFS, it would drink 20l/100km easily I would guess, depends bit of car, but it is loads more than what it drinks on street

My trackday car (former daily ride) is very good in economy, only ~32l/100km on track
#30 - Gunn
Many of us had already done tens of thousands of miles before fuel was introduced to LFS so the ratio of fuel used for distance driven (based on LFS World stats) is not necessarily an accurate representation of true fuel economy.
Im around 32l / 100km in LFS.
TBH, I wont do much better on the streets, if I can get 25l / 100km out of my ride I'll be happy
Jeezuz, do you own a sherman tank? My exige does 9l / 100km when I'm driving like a maniac!!

Anyway, I beat you in lfs, I get 35.7l / 100km.

21135 litres in total, or bp or shell
2.37 miles per litre. About 8.9 mpg.

I guess it's not too bad for racing. But then I don't drive the formulas or GTRs that much.
Quote from Gunn :Many of us had already done tens of thousands of miles before fuel was introduced to LFS so the ratio of fuel used for distance driven (based on LFS World stats) is not necessarily an accurate representation of true fuel economy.

Gunn, AFAIR, LFSW auto-calculated based on laps * miles * fuel/lap for all combos.
Quote from southamptonfc :Jeezuz, do you own a sherman tank? My exige does 9l / 100km when I'm driving like a maniac!!

Anyway, I beat you in lfs, I get 35.7l / 100km.

21135 litres in total, or bp or shell

I have one of these (I have 2 to be correct, but the other one we took apart)

Actually, it could do around 17l / 100km on paper, but I dont think I could get close to that in the first 2 months:rally_dri
1:3.64
haha 29.3L/100kms

37L/100kms today

My real car gets about 30L/100kms on the track so i guess it's accurate
#38 - Gunn
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Gunn, AFAIR, LFSW auto-calculated based on laps * miles * fuel/lap for all combos.

But you can use fuel just by standing still.
#39 - JTbo
Quote from Gunn :But you can use fuel just by standing still.

Also burning rubber and doing doughnuts will consume quite a bit of fuel and that does not add too many kilometres to odometer.
Quote from Gunn :But you can use fuel just by standing still.

You'll need to have the throttle at least a bit open, as you're not burning any fuel while idling (worth a suggestion?)...
44.87l/100km. On the road I do about 6...
1:1.08946223

GTR racing mostly
26401 Ml
14295 Ltr

Is that...

1:1.84?

in KM:

42488km
14295 Ltr

1:2.97
#44 - Jakg
Quote from mcintyrej :Is that...

1:1.84?

in KM:

42488km
14295 Ltr

1:2.97

7.85 MPG is what that works out to be...
Quote from Jakg :7.85 MPG is what that works out to be...

Ouch. I think I used to be a BF1 oval noob, though.
Travelled distance: 8564 Ml
Fuel burnt: 5770 Ltr

Is anyone kind enough to work out my MPG please?
#47 - Jakg
Milage / ( LTR / 4.55 )

IE VTiRoj = 6.75 MPG
Quote from Jakg :Milage / ( LTR / 4.55 )

IE VTiRoj = 6.75 MPG

Ah I see... 6.75?!?!?!
#49 - Gunn
Quote from bbman :You'll need to have the throttle at least a bit open, as you're not burning any fuel while idling (worth a suggestion?)...

My point is: fuel usage is not based on distance driven, it is based on throttle use (or revs, probably). I manually blip the throttle so I would most likely use more fuel per lap than someone who didn't blip. Wheel spin was mentioned too, and that makes a noticeable difference to fuel usage over a long race. Time spent revving in the gravel traps is another example.
#50 - JTbo
Quote from bbman :You'll need to have the throttle at least a bit open, as you're not burning any fuel while idling (worth a suggestion?)...

Certainly engine has to be using fuel when idling, how else one could run out of fuel in first place? If LFS does not use fuel when idling then there is a bug.

If throttle is not touched there still is some throttle applied, via idle valve or some other way, fuel is also cut only if engine braking is strong enough, LFS should take these into account when calculating fuel consumption. For carbs it is different, but hopefully those can be forgotten from LFS

What's your fuel efficiency?
(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG