The online racing simulator
Quote from dragchallenger :Drag Racing is better then NASCAR or F1 or Touring car or any other crappy overated european series

Ok that's enough fricking bashing. I hate immature noobs who bash on other forms of motorsports just because they dont feel like it or are not open minded enough to except that PEOPLE MIGHT ACTUALLY ENJOY THE OTHER FORMS OF MOTORSPORTS. (OMFG!!!!!)

I seriously dont know why there's such a hate between stock car, F1, sports car, drag, and rally fans. It's just plain stupid.

Racing's for fun, and that's all that matters. I like stock car oval because of the giant pack and close racing. For me racing in a giant pack all within 5 seconds of each other IS FUN. I dont like road courses because of how far the cars usually spread out. IF UR NOT LIKE THAT. FINE, but dont go insulting other people just because they have a different taste in racing
Quote from h3adbang3r : For those of you that don't know, NASCAR is not the only oval racing league in the world guys!

I'd exchange "world" with "US of A". Thx
Quote from Vykos69 :I'd exchange "world" with "US of A". Thx

There is oval track in Germany, Euro speedway. DTM has race there, but i never seen oval racing in europe, then why is that track in germany.
btw. i call oval nascar (what is first thing when you say oval, i remember nascar, and indy but nascar in first, so there we go)
tbh I haven't ever seen anyone call oval racing NASCAR in LFS.
#30 - Gunn
Quote from h3adbang3r :What does confuse me is why LFS players call any racing on the oval NASCAR.

They do? Yes, you are confused.
Quote from h3adbang3r :Oh great. Another ignorant person about to be flamed and then hide in his hole for being wrong.

Do not expect a serious discussion about the oval in here. I know that many people are indeed absolutely capable for that but as a matter of fact, there are also many amongst us that are unable to step into such discussions without using absurd, scoffing or despising comments/ comparisons. I think i stepped into this trap many times now and i tell you what, by now i really enjoy how people show their real attitudes in such threads and some dont even recognize how pathetic they are I know its hard but try (as hard as you can) to ignore them ok

I dont know whats so difficult on a discussion about the matter of taste, either you like it or you dont, period(.)

Quote from richy :"Why do LFS players call oval racing NASCAR"

They dont. They call it racing at the oval.

(??) Good point, got nothing else to add
Never seen anyone called Oval Racing "NASCAR" in LFS before :S

I call it Indycar if its an openwheeler... and NASCAR if its a stockcar
Quote from Hallen :P5YcHoM4N! You're a Brown Coat??? Cool!

That I am.

Quote from lizardfolk :I'm so tired of saying this IT'S NOT THE TRACK IT'S THE COMPETITION YOU GET FROM OTHER CARS (Daytona/Talladega Finish anyone?)

I'm not on about driving, I'm on about watching, and cars spinning around in circles for 2 hours isn't really fun to watch.

Quote from dragchallenger :Drag Racing is better then NASCAR or F1 or Touring car or any other crappy overated european series

You watch drag racing, other than seeing how fast your car can accelerate, what is the point in it? And better than NASCAR? I'd take NASCAR for 2 hours then drag racing for 30 minutes.

Quote from lizardfolk :Racing's for fun, and that's all that matters. I like stock car oval because of the giant pack and close racing. For me racing in a giant pack all within 5 seconds of each other IS FUN. I dont like road courses because of how far the cars usually spread out. IF UR NOT LIKE THAT. FINE, but dont go insulting other people just because they have a different taste in racing

I have never insulted anyone for liking NASCAR (though maybe I should, might be more effective), I insult NASCAR for being NASCAR.
#34 - Jakg

No reasoning to back up your argument...?

Oval racing is good to watch, and i can appreciate the skill, but i prefer to watch road racing - nothing wrong with that. What i dont understand is drag racing - surely isn't it a small drag race into T1 then a whole race?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :

You watch drag racing, other than seeing how fast your car can accelerate, what is the point in it? And better than NASCAR? I'd take NASCAR for 2 hours then drag racing for 30 minutes.

But in those 30 minutes, you've watched a whole drag racing season.
#36 - DeKo
Quote from boosterfire :I don't know for you guys, but I prefer a NASCAR race on Infineon raceway, with about 5 passes per lap over any F1 race since a good lot of years with no passes on track at all. NASCAR go way slower on a road circuit, yes, and the pilots probably not as experimented on road tracks, but to me, NASCAR racing on road courses is way more interesting than an F1 race.

the nascar road race, i saw a couple of overtaking manouvers yeah, mostly from montoya, but apart from that all the places were made and lost in the pits. no different to F1. Infact, F1 has been exciting for the past wee while, nurburgring and montreal were incredible to watch.

Yeah some of the races are good to watch, this years daytona 500 was a bit good and the indy 500 where the scottish bloke won . Was also watching IRL at a road course last night, was good aswell. I just prefer F1, sometimes more for the technical side of things.
I've been sort of fascinated by Nascar/Oval racing recently. Its always had that redneck image, but at the same time its really geeky - all about stats. This little device seems to reinforce that idea:

http://www.nextel.com/en/promotions/racing/fanview.shtml

I guess its something about American masculinity....

Anyway, I'd like to officially confess to having really enjoyed watching the Sheetrock 400 recently. I've no real understanding of the nuances of the racing, but it was great watching Dale Earnhardt wrestling the car round when the power assist went on his steering.

The coverage helped, offering some dynamic footage showing how loose the cars were lap after lap... Don't think I'll make a special effort to follow the series, but I understand more of why people are into it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :But in those 30 minutes, you've watched a whole drag racing season.

True, but why'd you want to? If I was going to watch a drag race it'd be Pooh Sticks.
I'd rather watch those shows that are on in the daytime meant for the Teeny Boppers than watch Drag Racing.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :How am I wrong, watching 40odd cars drive around and around in circles is no different then watching crap go down the toilet. The only difference is after I take a crap I feel good. F1 has always bored me, not enough action, which is why I'll take touring cars over it any day. Hence saying BTCC is better than Flushcar.

:chairfall
Meh, give me prototype racing any time of the day. Factory cars are the real deal.
Isn't the oval track supposed to be in Japan? Wouldn't that make it SEASCAR (south east asia stock car association racing....)
Quote from W1LLSD4D :Isn't the oval track supposed to be in Japan? Wouldn't that make it SEASCAR (south east asia stock car association racing....)

I loled to that
#44 - JTbo
Nascar is that racing series where they race too heavy cars, with very old tech engines, around circle track (ok oval), but racing on circle track is not nascar it is oval racing, I don't know anyone who would call racing uf1000 at oval to nascar, that would not make even sense, uf1000 is not heavy at all.

Nascar is completely different compared to other track racing where actually there is some turns other than left turns. In Nascar there is so much happening under surface that to understand why it is interesting you would need to study quite bit of time, some watch it and think it is crap because they except it to be racing like european circuit racing is.

Well, what you like or not, don't ever call oval racing Nascar, unless you use Nascar cars and rules
I just don't understand this irrate flaming of others over a particular motorsport that someone chooses to enjoy watching. I don't care if you watch NASCAR, F1, BTCC, Grand Am, V8 Supercars, or even Amish buggy racing, I'm not going to flat out flame you or the sport series. Every time people start this, they post opinion as fact.

Fact: Oval racing and NASCAR racing is not a bunch of cars driving around and around in a circle. The fact is that there is an incredible amount of action on the track between the cars. There's bumping, there's grinding, there's a guy getting a great run off the corner on someone else only for him to have to back off because there's already someone there. It's a mental strategy game, as well as an endurance game with having to make it 500 miles in the intense heat. Knowing that car #39 needs to place his nose underneath the #27 car at the right time to make a pass rather than just diving in and braking late, shows the mental strategy of the game. It's not just chilling out and lapping around and around and around.

I don't care to watch F1. I can't get into it. To me, F1 and the single line train that I see is the same as the toilet bowl floater spinning around and around that you see in NASCAR. But I'm not going to flame F1 or you for watching F1.

To me, F1 is too technically advanced for a good show of racing. NASCAR is designed for non-technical machines, ie, live axles, carburated bohemith pushrod V8 engines, etc to give an even field between the cars making the driver more involved in the race rather than this team having a better traction control curve than that team (I know, they don't use TC in F1, or do they? I really don't know :shrug. There is no electronic gimacky systems onboard NASCAR racecars telling the driver all about his car and how many laps he has left in fuel or whatever that electronic crap displays for F1. For fuel, they weigh the fuel going in, and weigh the fuel to top it back off during pitstops to manually calculate how they are doing on fuel usage. It makes it more exciting and better for the spectator knowing that they have no fuel gauge and must rely on fuel pressure only to determine if they are going to make it to the end. No electronics telling them they are using 4.3 liters of fuel per lap and they have 4.6 liters left so they'd better pit.

It would be quite easy for NASCAR to change to be more like F1 if they wanted to. They could put advanced modern technological engines in the cars so that they didn't have to worry when they are hitting 10,000 RPMs that the engine is going to give way. They could have the tires designed more to give extreme grip compared to how they design them now, which is for the door to door racing. They could very easily put traction control, and engine limiters, and braking assist and all that other technologically advanced stuff on the cars if they wanted to. Now we're talking boring. Now we are pitting car against car rather than driver against driver.

Please just stop with all this flaming. It happens every time NASCAR comes up in a topic. Your posts of "they just go round and round in a circle and it's boring, you are an idiot for watching that.." is nothing but your opinion and is entirely false. The fact is, it is so much more than just driving "round and round" in a circle.

Aaarrrggghhh..... Why do I always end up reading all this crap and flaming when it inevitably comes in these threads.......
#46 - JTbo
Yes, they do drive in circle and yes there is lot of action as I did wrote, it is very different compared to circuit racing in europe and it takes time to learn what that is about it can be interesting too.

Also is there something wrong in too heavy cars with old tech engines? Is there something wrong in driving in circles? Or what is this all?

I do like my old tech cars much better than new ones at least...

Flaming, hmm, maybe I have forgotten again how people think old is bad as well as simple is bad, which are quite odd opinions, imo.
back on subject: I haven't heard anyone call LFS oval racing NASCAR. The people I play with all call it "ovals".
Quote from mrodgers :I don't care to watch F1. I can't get into it. To me, F1 and the single line train that I see is the same as the toilet bowl floater spinning around and around that you see in NASCAR. But I'm not going to flame F1 or you for watching F1.

Okay seen as though it was me who said that, you're assuming just because I don't like NASCAR I must like F1, despite what I have said many times. F1 is dull just because it isn't racing, it is cars driving with people inside to look cool.

BTCC and W/BRC (okay, so there are some others but they are not like F1) is all I really watch, BTCC because it is road cars with a roll cage and slicks racing around a track, which is full of action, and W/BRC because it is road cars with a roll cage racing around what ever tracks they can make up, full of none stop action.

Just because someone doesn't like NASCAR doesn't automatically they like cars crammed with technology flying around a track like they were on rails.
Quote from JTbo :Nascar is that racing series where they race too heavy cars, with very old tech engines, around circle track (ok oval), but racing on circle track is not nascar it is oval racing, I don't know anyone who would call racing uf1000 at oval to nascar, that would not make even sense, uf1000 is not heavy at all.

Nascar is completely different compared to other track racing where actually there is some turns other than left turns. In Nascar there is so much happening under surface that to understand why it is interesting you would need to study quite bit of time, some watch it and think it is crap because they except it to be racing like european circuit racing is.

Well, what you like or not, don't ever call oval racing Nascar, unless you use Nascar cars and rules

Huh !

I know that japanese people, like to play a game. It`s a machine, sitting on the wall, and they have hundreds of them in every gamehall.

Then they put little steel balls in, at the top, and do something with them, on their way down. This is the japanese fruitmachine and nobody else, than the japanese, knows what`s going on

And japanese people has the highest IQ in the world

Could it bee, that US of A, has got the same kind of situation, with oval races, football and baseball. No one in the world understands what`s going on in that games, and the high IQ is for the asians

EDIT :

I don`t want to put the americans down, but someone "over there" elected Bush for president
Quote from MAGGOT :CART was around until a couple years ago. CART became Champ Car like 3 years ago I thought? I thought it before the split it was Indycar somethin or other, after the split there was IRL and CART? I know what IRL stands for, but I forget what the IRL is called now. (BTW, Indy is spelled with a 'Y.' "Indie" is short for Independant )

[EDIT] IRL is now ICS; IndyCar Series, right? My memory is coming back as I sober up..

Indycar split into IRL and CART. CART became ChampCar (World Series) not too long ago, a few years, and still has this name. The IRL = Indy Racing League, holding 2 sub leagues, the IndyCar Series (Indy Racing League IndyCar Series) and the IndyPro Series (who drives on more road courses and a few less ovals than IndyCar does).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG