The online racing simulator
FlatOut - Ultimate Carnege [xbox 360]
(16 posts, started )
#1 - CSU1
Simply awsome, the detail, the damage and most of all the world physics.
The sheer amount of different models(tyres, wood, car parts etc.) that are displayed on screen at any given time is eyecandy at it's upmost best.

Ok, the general crowed around here wont look at a game/sim unless it's a true sim...this is a sim of pure flatout enjoyment, no rice, just fun.

10/10 from me

http://www.flatoutgame.com/
Quote from CSU1 :Simply awsome, the detail, the damage and most of all the world physics.
The sheer amount of different models(tyres, wood, car parts etc.) that are displayed on screen at any given time is eyecandy at it's upmost best.

Ok, the general crowed around here wont look at a game/sim unless it's a true sim...this is a sim of pure flatout enjoyment, no rice, just fun.

10/10 from me

http://www.flatoutgame.com/

this game ( aswell as forza 2 ) where the reason i was gonna buy the xbox 360 but difficulties in my family life make it imposable for me to buy it , look great tho
Wait for Burnout Paradise. T3H BEST CAR CRASHING GAME EVER! :hyper:
Flatout is far superior to Burnout IMO. Flatout is actually running on a halfway decent physics engine as well as having an amazing damage model, Burnout just has a crazy damage model.

Don't get me wrong, both are exceptionally fun, it's just that Flatout actually handles like you'd expect it to, not just, "Drift as soon as you let off the throttle while turning."

I'm also impressed with out good Flatout 2 looks on my midrange PC, but I can't wait for the XBOX 360 version, that'll be a treat
I always had fun playing the origional Flatout... maybe I'll nab the Flatout2 demo and see how she handles with a steering wheel. It was a fun game. The burnout series is also a treat.

Quote :FlatOut Ultimate Carnage exclusive to the XBox 360 video game console.

This is one of those things that I hate...
All you Xbox 360 players need to tell me your Tags so I can add you. Mine is Dajmin, which probably wasn't that hard to guess

Flatout is just silly, which is one of the reasons I had some fun with one of the older ones on PC. I tried a demo of Burnout (was it Revenge? I forget) and it was alright. There are other games I'm more interested in though, because if I feel like racing I play LFS or Forza 2. And now I have Bomberman too
Quote from 96 GTS :Flatout is far superior to Burnout IMO.

I'm talking about Burnout Paradise on Playsation 3 and Xbox 360, not PS2 or Xbox.
I have allways like Flatout.
Becauce it`s not realistic, but it`s not pure arcade eighter, the cars are not that easy to control, and you benefits alot of you using a wheel

And... IT LOOKS FAWKING AWESEOME!! Cars, trees, tires etc flies everywhere and it`s a lot of fun
If someone wants to come racing with me on flatout 2 (Pc), tell
What the f**K?!?!?! It came out june 22nd????!?!? Its not even in stores in america yet! This is bullsh*t dude.

EDIT: Nevermind. Its just Flatout 2 on the 360 with a name change.

And just like Flatout 2 it will probably suck.
#10 - w126
I wish Bugbear would make Rally Trophy 2 instead of these mindless games.
#11 - Jakg
Quote from GruntOfAction :What the f**K?!?!?! It came out june 22nd????!?!? Its not even in stores in america yet! This is bullsh*t dude.

We often wait a month in the UK after it comes out in the US, and we usually end up paying more than you did when it came out, too. This is bullsh*t, but it seems that you don't like it going the other way
Quote from Jakg :We often wait a month in the UK after it comes out in the US, and we usually end up paying more than you did when it came out, too. This is bullsh*t, but it seems that you don't like it going the other way

You don`t want to know how long us silly norwegian people have to wait then...
Quote from Nosbox :I'm talking about Burnout Paradise on Playsation 3 and Xbox 360, not PS2 or Xbox.

Yeah, I know. But Burnout will still be Burnout, meaning it will have absolutely no semblence of physics whatsoever. Flatout at least handles somewhat like a real car.
Of course Burnout has no resemblance to real physics, it is purely an arcade game, always has, and always will be.
#16 - CSU1
Quote from MAGGOT :Of course Burnout has no resemblance to real physics, it is purely an arcade game, always has, and always will be.

haha, i was actually going to use this game as a guinipig in a "Where is the line between sim and arcade" thread.

The worrying thing is, this game in paticular 'simulates' much much more than LFS does.

Welcome to the future of arcadia. DX7 is owned imoEdit(just 'looks nicer)...but is not racing and does not come close to a race or trackday type sim(lfs)

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG