The online racing simulator
hmm its almost 3.00pm in NSW and still:

"
We are currently performing routine maintenance on our servers.

We expect service to return no later than 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, March 25 (Eastern Standard Time).
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope you'll visit us again after 9:00 a.m."

comon guys i wanna download 0.7d
#77 - wabz
Edit: site back up
all good m8 thanks , nice to see the website is now back online
Great stuff, thanks for the update.
how does the remember password feature in bfs work? Every week I go to log on as admin on GSA-XGN Ozbee-R, it has the correct password in the field, I click to connect, it loads lfs, tries to connect with a blank password, I exit, and the password field in bfs is blank.
Is there some sort of server check that occurs that would blank the password?
#81 - wabz
No, it just starts LFS with /password or whatever it is. That sounds like a bug. Odd though, because it hasn't been reported before. We'll look into it.
if I type the password in bfs instead of leaving the one it shows, it works fine.
#83 - Davo
I've had exactly the same thing happen here now you mention it. The password doesn't disappear in bfs until you try to connect in lfs and the field is left blank for some reason.
Great tool, just starting to use it more often now but Id like to suggest a few things if that be ok?

Firstly would it be possible to have the selected item refresh whenever I have it selected in the server list? Have it on a small interval or something so that I don't need to refresh the whole list to find if there is a free slot available. Perhaps also include a 'Wait to join / queue' type function too, which starts LFS and connects or notifies me as soon as a slot is free.

Also, when I browse a server to view the players that are in the server, perhaps once a player name is double clicked it opens up there LFSWorld page to view their stats?

I'm sure these things could all be implemented, you might have already thought of them yourselves.

K bye
111 Racers?
I just updated my Favourites and got this... looks strange with 111 allowed Racers. Is this a W17 Server or something else we should know?
Attached images
bfs.png
#86 - wabz
buedi: yes, that server is very likely a W17 server. When the next incompatible version is released, we'll release a BFS update.
I've noticed a bug since patch X10, and maybe X9.

When refreshing the server list, I get a number of these error boxes cascading down the screen.
Attached images
untitled.JPG
same thing to me
Quote from Snookle :Yep, I getting the same problem now too. This particular error is being caused by BFS expecting there to be information about the track where there isn't any. That in turn causes the track to be represented as a null string, which causes the error messages...

We're working on a fix now, but can't guarantee a time frame. Also, keep in mind that Scawen may make more changes over the next few days, which may break BFS.

This is happening again with X. Would it be easier to handle exceptions like this more gracefully so changes to LFS don't cause such a problem?
Quote from Bean0 :I've noticed a bug since patch X10, and maybe X9.

When refreshing the server list, I get a number of these error boxes cascading down the screen.

me too
#91 - wabz
Yeah, we should handle that more gracefully. The problem won't go away though, because the server query protocol is not documented, and never guaranteed to send what we expect - we can only be reactive. I'll have a look at this later today.
#92 - wabz
Okay, 0.8a is out, updated for patch X10, hasn't been tested much, let me know of any problems!
Thanks, appreciate your efforts
#94 - GerG
Wabz,

Hi there m8 i have the updated hungarian translation in hands, should i email it to you, or is the online system working now somehow?
Thanks for the update.

I have one request though. Could you make the program show S2 and S1 servers at the same time?
#96 - wabz
Quote from GerG :Wabz,

Hi there m8 i have the updated hungarian translation in hands, should i email it to you, or is the online system working now somehow?

Yeah, just email it, thanks!

Quote from geeman1 :Thanks for the update.

I have one request though. Could you make the program show S2 and S1 servers at the same time?

Not really. When we request the server list from the master server, we specify what version we want, and we can't ask for both. It would be possible to ask for S2 and then S1 servers, but I really don't see much point in doing that.
Quote from wabz :Not really. When we request the server list from the master server, we specify what version we want, and we can't ask for both. It would be possible to ask for S2 and then S1 servers, but I really don't see much point in doing that.

Ok. It's just that now that CTRA is back and the LX competition servers are S1 too it's a bit of a nuisance to first refresh S2 servers and then refresh S1 servers to see which servers are available. It would be nicer if they could be both refreshed with just one button press and then they would be listed on the same list. It would be easier to decide what server to join when you could see all possible servers at once.
#98 - wabz
Oh, just add those particular servers to your favourites and then you can just refresh that list?
That wouldn't work like I would want it to. I would have to add all servers to the favorite list to see them all. That asking for S2 servers and then asking for S1 servers would work just great, just don't clear the list inbetween, only add the S1 servers in the mix on the right spots.
I say make the license version a list instead of a dropdown menu, so you can ctrl-click and display whatever you want. I went the entire CTRA beta test period without seeing the one server everyone was on in BFS because I assumed when I selected S2, it was going to show S1 like LFS does.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG