The online racing simulator
There is an huge problem with Team Inferno tonight

My mate Martin cant participate because his Internet got cut.
Our reserve Driver Steffen has got Problems. He cant drive too.

Sorry but, we cant participate tonight. I am really sorry!!
That's a real shame.
Thats sucks, Appiepils, i'll look into the barrier issues however in the test race there were no issues there. On the rolled cars issues, you raise valid points which is why i agree with you on the issue.
Quote from AppiePils :If you want realism, you push the car to a position next to the track and don't allow shift+S at all. You can't say 'realism' if you involve shift+s in any state.

What you get now is a useless safety car situation as no damaged car is on the track. In reality the would never send out the safety car if that was the case.

If a car rolled onto the track, a full course caution would come out.

The safety crews would load the car onto a flat bed and carry it off (shift-s if you will).
Quote from srdsprinter :If a car rolled onto the track, a full course caution would come out.

The safety crews would load the car onto a flat bed and carry it off (shift-s if you will).

Yes, so? In essence it's the same. If a real shift+s was possible no safety car would be released.
Quote from AppiePils :Yes, so? In essence it's the same. If a real shift+s was possible no safety car would be released.

I see what your saying, and yes, since there is the ability to shift-s it could easily go and not disrupt the race. Somewhat, I can agree that artificial disruption of the race is not the best idea.

On the other hand, one of the neat things about the IGTC is the premise of the realism. Where an event would occur on track, the real life coresponding action would follow.

Does it make the IGTC seem artificially realistic (oxymoron)? I don't know, but it does seperate the IGTC from any other league that i know of.
Rules:

"4) Races are started behind a safety car, driven at pit limiter speed, in single file. All drivers must use their pit limiters on the rolling starts, and must leave a gap of at least one (1) car-length to the car ahead. When the pole car reaches the final corner, the marshals will throw the green flag. Once the green flag has been displayed, drivers may release the pit speed limiter and accelerate carefully.

6) When the SC is deployed, the track is under a full-course yellow condition. As such, you are to cease racing for position, fall in line, and gently lower speed until you catch up to the leaders. Once drivers have caught the pack and slowed to SC speed, they must engage the pit limiter."

There were some cars driving witout pitlimiter under full course yellow, which I think helped to faster overtake when the green flag was given..meaning giving positions
Pls. upload a replay of quali and race somewhere and I?ll do the stats.
________
vaporizer
Quote from Humbleridderen :Rules:

"4) Races are started behind a safety car, driven at pit limiter speed, in single file. All drivers must use their pit limiters on the rolling starts, and must leave a gap of at least one (1) car-length to the car ahead. When the pole car reaches the final corner, the marshals will throw the green flag. Once the green flag has been displayed, drivers may release the pit speed limiter and accelerate carefully.

6) When the SC is deployed, the track is under a full-course yellow condition. As such, you are to cease racing for position, fall in line, and gently lower speed until you catch up to the leaders. Once drivers have caught the pack and slowed to SC speed, they must engage the pit limiter."

There were some cars driving witout pitlimiter under full course yellow, which I think helped to faster overtake when the green flag was given..meaning giving positions

This is true. I myself had to disengage the limiter occasionally, because the SC couldn't (or didn't) always maintain limiter speed, and then things would get unevenly spaced out when people sped up. It was kind of a mess out there.
You are also going left-right to keep some heat in tires, so speed is going down, then you have to off limiter to come back whit others
Quote from N I K I :You are also going left-right to keep some heat in tires, so speed is going down, then you have to off limiter to come back whit others

Perhaps some thought should be put into this, perhaps:

running within a speed range 47-55mph up until the last sector before green,
where you must get inline and set limiter.

I got brake-checked yesterday by a car while i was under limiter. Perhaps we can revise, or really enforce the current rules?
Quote from srdsprinter :Perhaps some thought should be put into this, perhaps:

running within a speed range 47-55mph up until the last sector before green,
where you must get inline and set limiter.

I got brake-checked yesterday by a car while i was under limiter. Perhaps we can revise, or really enforce the current rules?

Something must be done, We lost 2nd position under the last SC period to a car who hadn´ engaged speedlimiter under the last full course yellow at all. When the green flag came, he could faster than us hit the gas pedal and overtake 3 cars right away.
I was able to make a few moves on one of the restarts, but i had my limiter engaged until the Green Flag message was shown.

No Turbo Lag on restarts is an intrinsic advantage the FZR is going to have in those situations.
Quote from Humbleridderen :Something must be done, We lost 2nd position under the last SC period to a car who hadn´ engaged speedlimiter under the last full course yellow at all. When the green flag came, he could faster than us hit the gas pedal and overtake 3 cars right away.

You are referring to T.Lass - I was just going through my last 2 stints (only replay I saved), and had a look since it was also mentioned last night. He had his limiter fully engaged throughout the last 3-4 turns - so no cheating what so ever.

I had a look at my stints because I was very confused while racing - I never saw the time differences show up beside the driver names. I dropped to 3rd when I took over and later I was leading with 1 lap down to 2nd - but when T.Lass got closer, I still saw no time differences and I briefly thought that I might be leading with 2 laps - but was puzzled as to where and when I gained that extra lap - I had been driving allot off pace, so this made the puzzle even bigger.

T.Laas finished less than a sec behind me, but LFS wasn't telling me how close behind he was

My replay doesn't show it either.

Edit: times showed up as usual when the race started
As Stu already mentioned in another IGTC thread:

"In the SC que, a car with the BLUE FLAG Message will NOT Be Able to See the GREEN FLAG Message!"

As of TDRT?s disconnect I had the blue flag message loats of times as well as under our last SC period and received the /rcm Green Flag later then some other drivers.

Therefore right after the race I briefly commented the IMO T.Lass early restart.
But he didn?t start before "his" green flag was shown.

For the upcoming races a /msg "green flag" would solve this problem.
________
RC172
Quote from r4ptor :I had a look at my stints because I was very confused while racing - I never saw the time differences show up beside the driver names. I dropped to 3rd when I took over and later I was leading with 1 lap down to 2nd - but when T.Lass got closer, I still saw no time differences and I briefly thought that I might be leading with 2 laps - but was puzzled as to where and when I gained that extra lap - I had been driving allot off pace, so this made the puzzle even bigger.

T.Laas finished less than a sec behind me, but LFS wasn't telling me how close behind he was

My replay doesn't show it either.

Edit: times showed up as usual when the race started

There's a bug in LFS when there are driver changes... sometimes the on-track split time differences reset so that it looks like you're hours ahead or behind of the guy in front of you. I believe Scawen's aware of it and that there are fixes on the way.

edit: There are definitely some issues with giving room when behind the SC/waiting for restart, though. I had NIKI behind me on one restart where he was bumping into the back of my car before the green flew. Because he was hitting me, I got flustered and when the green actually did fly I hit my right look button rather than my pit limiter button, which only made him run into me harder for a second or two. No real damage done, but there should have been much more room between us (and I was going to let him go anyway).
Yeah, i'd imagine a bump or to is inevitable, but thats violation of the 1 car-length minimum spacing rule, is it not?

Quote :6.4) During a SC period drivers must leave a distance of at least one (1) car length to the car ahead and engage the pit limiter. When the green flag is flown, the SC period and full-course yellow are ended and drivers may disengage the pit limiter and resume racing.

Quote from r4ptor :You are referring to T.Lass - I was just going through my last 2 stints (only replay I saved), and had a look since it was also mentioned last night. He had his limiter fully engaged throughout the last 3-4 turns - so no cheating what so ever

I have seen more than the 3-4 last turns, where he had controlled the speed more than just before. Before those 3-4 laps, under full course yellow, the speed was going up (more than 80km/h) and down all the time and I think he only controlled the speed with his food in the last turns...and i´ sure it helkp to start pushing without disengaging the speed limiter first.

I just mention this, because, this is important to know exactly what is legal and what is not. I could have defended my position much better, if I knew that it was ok to lift of the speed limiter before the green flag. (but the rules says otherwise). Earlier there were also a Cp car doing the same thing, but i have not yet checked it on replay.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :There's a bug in LFS when there are driver changes... sometimes the on-track split time differences reset so that it looks like you're hours ahead or behind of the guy in front of you. I believe Scawen's aware of it and that there are fixes on the way.

:| Good thing I started to suspect something was not right then

Quote from Humbleridderen :I have seen more than the 3-4 last turns, where he had controlled the speed more than just before. Before those 3-4 laps, under full course yellow, the speed was going up (more than 80km/h) and down all the time and I think he only controlled the speed with his food in the last turns...and i´ sure it helkp to start pushing without disengaging the speed limiter first.

I just mention this, because, this is important to know exactly what is legal and what is not. I could have defended my position much better, if I knew that it was ok to lift of the speed limiter before the green flag. (but the rules says otherwise). Earlier there were also a Cp car doing the same thing, but i have not yet checked it on replay.

The rules about the limiter was introduced because ppl had a hard time keeping at safe distance and speeds, as we had lots of bumps (and worse) going on. We've then been told that we are allowed to go off rev limiter to reduce the gap - a driver could theoretically speaking turn it off during the last tiny bit, and claim he was merely trying to reduce the gap, while in fact he would sort of false start this way - but it would IMO be too late for this, and therefor not allowed.

T.Lass did nothing wrong. He was going at a steady speed with the rev limiter engaged for quiet some distance before the flag went green.

I was doing the same thing up ahead - I zig zagged + safety car was driving a bit faster than rev limiter speed, so I disengaged here and there to catch up.

The other cP driver might have been me when the race first started - I was simply quick to react just like T.Lass was - there really isn't anything else to it.

The limiter is for safety measurements only, and as I mentioned with the example, it could be abused. But nothing like that happened with me and T.Lass.
Perhaps allow clean driving under SC until last sector, then admin message Set Gap and Engage Limiter till Green. Do that and punish all dirty driving under SC, and it should be good i imagine.
The safety car issues were all really down to having to get in a last minute SC driver after BOTH SC drivers had to pull out for this round. The first replacement SC driver obviously didn't quite understand the rules and the second replacement SC driver never quite had the car control, using a gaming pad i guess was the issue there. Hopefully when the official SC driver comes to the next few rounds there won't be all of this confusion.

For taking of the pit limiter that rule could be changed to something a long the lines of only being allowed to take off the limiter when told by an administrator. As DWB said the rules are again going to be adjusted for the next round with a lot of attention on the end of Safety car periods and engaging Pit limiters.

Another thing i wan't to do is get an insim script setup because it's pretty impossibleto enforce these rules with a limited number of marshalls and all of the confusion on track.
Quote from r4ptor ::|
I was doing the same thing up ahead - I zig zagged + safety car was driving a bit faster than rev limiter speed, so I disengaged here and there to catch up.

I believe that it is the intent to not stay with the safety car on the last few turns or sector of the last pace lap so that the safety car may advance ahead of the pack to be CLEAR of the pack on the restart. So, It should be noted that the pit limiter MUST be activated for the last two turns minimum for the field till the green flag is presented. I do NOT agree that the admins have to police all the drivers of the pit limiter use. There is too much crap to keep track of already.

I believe that many, including me, do know know how to file up when the safety car enters the track to pick up the leader. There are advantages to being able to PASS the safety car legally if it has not picked up the leader when you get to the safety car. I was told that you do not want to drag your butt around the track until the leader is picked up by the safety car and you fall in behind the forming line. Just like a real endurance event.
Quote from nmanley :I believe that it is the intent to not stay with the safety car on the last few turns or sector of the last pace lap so that the safety car may advance ahead of the pack to be CLEAR of the pack on the restart.

True - my limiter was fully engaged during the last 4-5 turns - mostly because I wanted the cars further behind to catch up tbh.

It would be a dirty trick to narrow the gab up to til SC, and at the same time increase it down to the car behind you - even if it's done legally.
Anywho, I'm looking forward to the next cP race report! It will be hard as hell to capture even 1/4th of the maddness that was the 4 hours of FE3!

So Good Luck!
Thanks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG