The online racing simulator
Why talking about cheating? I dont think that ANYBODY will cheat, and if they want to cheat there are always a chance to do it no matter how many rules you have.

If a car was 2 sec slower than others to restart the race..why should that be a cheater?? Maybe he is just slower to react that some of the others, but its part of real racing too. I seen it in F1 and other series... So stop talking about cheating all the time please..
Quote from Richard Torp :Why talking about cheating? I dont think that ANYBODY will cheat, and if they want to cheat there are always a chance to do it no matter how many rules you have.

If a car was 2 sec slower than others to restart the race..why should that be a cheater?? Maybe he is just slower to react that some of the others, but its part of real racing too. I seen it in F1 and other series... So stop talking about cheating all the time please..

You definitely misunderstand. The "cheater" is not the one, who is sleeper! The "cheater" ..(don´t take the word to seriously) could be the impatient driver, who can´t wait 2 seconds to overtake a slow reaction driver, as you said.
Coming back to the chicane after T1. I would suggest that we put stiff tyres there for the race. We did have that in a DTM race where everybody drove through that chicane with a high speed while touching the tyres which fall down on the track and the following car crashed in it and sometimes even spun because of it. To make it fair it would be nice to put something there that everybody has to slow down and take the chicane in a clean way.
This is hard to do, because:
a) a tire barrier will spill onto the track, ruining the line for people behind.
b) a concrete barrier will exploit the physics flaws and destroy cars.
i'll do some experiment with different barriers there and see what works best.
Just curious, but what exactly is the goal of modifying the chicane?

All curbs + grass = FXR advantage

Some curbs + grass = ???

No curbs + barriers = Broken race cars...
Quote from srdsprinter :This is hard to do, because:
a) a tire barrier will spill onto the track, ruining the line for people behind.

that is the problem in the moment and with something hard there it would not happening
The problem then is the physics flaws with the hard barriers, sending you flying through the air. Broken Suspension that early in the lap and your race is over.

Its not like this chicane is the same as the KY3R one, that obviously needs something to prevent cutting.

[I really don't know] What is the goal of moddifying this FE3 Chicane? [/I really don't know]
To be honest, I don't think there's a way to change it that makes it significantly better than it is right now. Changing to hard barriers would probably result in more race-ending crashes than loose tires would.

And again, we should focus on driving better and NOT hitting the barriers rather than trying to cater to those who do hit barriers.

If you see some tires flying around, slow down a bit. If you can't control your car through the chicane and end up hitting the barriers, slow down too. Problem solved!
Agreed, but it is a bit of a blind corner on entry with ~high committment
It's not an entirely blind corner. There's time to react. But yes, it's difficult.
Sorry but are you able to rea my postings

You can go through that chicane with a high speed. What happens is that you will touch the tyres. Your car wil not get damaged but mostly the tyres you touch will fall down and the car just behind you will crash into them and often spinn and stuff.
So I think it will make more sense that the car which is driving too fast and can't handle the chicane without touching any tyres get's damaged and not the car that is behind and can't anything about it.
i guess something to stop the tyres falling onto the road then?
Quote from tomylee :Coming back to the chicane after T1. I would suggest that we put stiff tyres there for the race. We did have that in a DTM race where everybody drove through that chicane with a high speed while touching the tyres which fall down on the track and the following car crashed in it and sometimes even spun because of it. To make it fair it would be nice to put something there that everybody has to slow down and take the chicane in a clean way.

It wasn't that bad in DTM Tomy; the majority of those crashes were due people incapable of dealing with that chicane. Modifying the chicane is a no-go (IMO).
The room is too limited to actual make modifications and the tires give you at least the possibility to go through the chicane with two cars - which actually happens.
Crashing in that chicane has more to do with being a unprepared racer, rather than fairness.
i agree, there really isn't much you can do about it, so i'm not going to bother modifying that chicane.
Quote from AppiePils :It wasn't that bad in DTM Tomy; the majority of those crashes were due people incapable of dealing with that chicane. Modifying the chicane is a no-go (IMO).
The room is too limited to actual make modifications and the tires give you at least the possibility to go through the chicane with two cars - which actually happens.
Crashing in that chicane has more to do with being a unprepared racer, rather than fairness.

Maybe not in the NA division but it looked a bit different in the EU.
I don't understand what the problem is with the modification of the chicane. On the CTRA servers the did it all the time and it was quit good over there.

I don't talk about somebody who is to stupid to drive through that chicane and is crashing his own car. I talk more about the situation that somebody is doing stupid thing and the car next behind has to pay for it.

I mean look how people go through that chicane, with what kind of speed. Where is the problem to break down and after it to speed up again.....?????
IMO this is one of the stupidest chicanes in LFS and ain't realistic at all.

But anyway, was just a thought
The only thing i can do to stop the tyres falling onto the track is place concrete barriers there. I tested with AI and the AI managed to overtake safely through there so i see no reason why human drivers cannot. I will anounce a test race for about 30 minutes which will use the modification to the chicane. If all goes well then we can use it for the race. The only thing against this that i have and DWB is that the tryes faling on track are part of the race are they not?
You ever seen it in reality

But anyway, I will not hit on that all the time. It was just a thought I had.
Thats why i said to do a test race, maybe two. one without the barrier and one with the barrier.
Having watched quiet a bit from the replay of the previous race made me think that we need few things in the rules.

Some of these have already been mentioned, but I'm not sure in what degree or how much of these - I've spend loads of time going through the replay and writing (and reading) the report, so please excuse me for not being in the mood for doing some more reading.

- The car(s) involved in an incident, or in any other way causing the safety car to deploy should not take part in the formation. In this case a driver had a puncture and was driving slower, meaning he was holding back other drivers, including Dynamic Racing who were on 2nd at that time.

This rule should however only apply to those who can't drive safely due to damage, but especially if the driver will be entering the pits because of the incident.

- when a car limps back the pits, this driver should be required to do everything in his power to avoid slowing others down, while of cause being on the track. The driver should also be required to drive off the racing line, except during turns where crossing the line is necessary.

- a driver causing, or getting too close to cause an incident while the safety car is out should receive a severe penalty. Since multiple cars are allowed in IGTC, exploiting this to for instance take out the opponent is a possibility. I recommend something like a 1 lap penalty and a warning. After 2 or maybe 3 warnings, that car should be banned for the rest of the season, and the team should not be allowed to enter with another car and a new set of drivers.

Even a slight touch should technically speaking be enough to hand out penalties and warnings.

- if a incident similar to the one on Westhill during a SC lap occur, marshals should either pay close attention to the queue order, so the places can be resumed correctly - or ignored them completely and let the cars resume naturally, but without disengaging the limiter.

In the previous race the leader was allowed to resume his place, however some (didn't look) may have gotten mixed around - this approach isn't completely fair.

- chatting isn't allowed, and especially the marshals should remember that the race isn't over till the very last driver crosses the finish line, before congratulating etc. It's disrespectful and distracting for those who are still racing.
Your third point has already been addressed, but we'll take the others under advisement. Thanks!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Your third point has already been addressed, but we'll take the others under advisement. Thanks!

Yeh, that one I knew about - still added it though
About time to start the team attendance confirmation thread?
i'll start it one week prior to the race, which is on the 21st

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG