The online racing simulator
Ffb
(7 posts, started )
Ffb
How long has steering wheels been around with FFB? Does it put strain on the computer when its in use? I want one but these are the questions holding me back somewhat.

ATM im using the MC2 and it well, sucks because no FFB so looses traction around corners, so thats i guess why they arent made for computers...
#2 - Jakg
Strain? what do you mean?
#3 - Slopi
The resource usage of a FFB wheel is just about neglegable. If you can already run LFS with 'ok' framerates, a wheel shouldn't hurt that performance.
eh, i was talking about if it would screw up the parts inside the comp. would it put a "strain" on the USB connections?
The wheels are powered by a standard pack that plugs into a wall outlet. The USB is only the interface between your wheel inputs and the software or the software outputs to your wheel. USB doesn't have anything to do with the forcefeedback itself.
ohh see i didnt know it plugged into the wall, so its not getting all the power thru the PC it just plugs in so it works.

thanks!
#7 - Mako.
Quote from mrodgers :USB doesn't have anything to do with the forcefeedback itself.

Well, that's not quite right. FFB doesnt just telepathicaly get inputs from thin air. Yes, power does not go through USB for the FFB, but it DOES get its inputs for how to react from the usb plug.

But yes, I am in a dorky mood today to point this out.

Ffb
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG