The online racing simulator
Bring Back J.B's Avatar Petition
(81 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should J.B. have his avatar reinstated?

Yes, it was unfair
No, I hate freedom
Hmmmm its not an S2 account name so it shouldn't have an avatar I guess. May come across as abusing admin powers, but otherwise it's double standards.
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
#27 - DeKo
Quote from pb32000 :Hmmmm its not an S2 account name so it shouldn't have an avatar I guess. May come across as abusing admin powers, but otherwise it's double standards.

But its not, he has actually bought S2. All the other random demo users havent.
Quote from ans7812 :Just out of sheer curiousity....What was his avatar anyway?

Also, if his S2 license status "broke", is it not possible to fix it?

Read below...
Quote from Dalek0220 :I liked the dog.

Hm, I'm not sure what to vote. On the one hand I have absolutely nohing against J.B. having an avatar. On the other hand however, I hate freedom. So if I voted "Yes, it's unfair", I'd feel like having voted that I sort of like freedom, which hasn't is not and never will be the case. Also, I think fairness is overall irrelevant in a privately run forum and in Life. So would it be possible to have a third option saying, something like: "I don't car if it's fair or not and even though I hate freedom I wouldn't mind if J.B. got his avatar back".

Am I the only one thinking that Tristan's post was meant to be tongue in cheek? Hello?
Quote from DeKo :But its not, he has actually bought S2. All the other random demo users havent.

Yer I see what you mean, but what I was getting at was the actual username, ie J.B. isn't S2 registered.

Tricky/not worth worrying about so maybe just replace the avatar and be done with it. This place is a long way off becoming like RSC, thankfully.
Quote from Linsen :Hm, I'm not sure what to vote. On the one hand I have absolutely nohing against J.B. having an avatar. On the other hand however, I hate freedom. So if I voted "Yes, it's unfair", I'd feel like having voted that I sort of like freedom, which hasn't is not and never will be the case. Also, I think fairness is overall irrelevant in a privately run forum and in Life. So would it be possible to have a third option saying, something like: "I don't car if it's fair or not and even though I hate freedom I wouldn't mind if J.B. got his avatar back".

Am I the only one thinking that Tristan's post was meant to be tongue in cheek? Hello?

Although I'm not American, I can't see the sarcasm in tristan's post.

They say it canot be fixed, it`s a problem and and the forum he is on the list as demo user. I think therfor it is wrong to take away his avatar, when he by reasons canot become a licenced user on this board :/
danowat: It isn't really about an avatar though is it?

Its being told to do this and never to say that and accept this or get this, although this is only a forum its still a community and as such what you see here is reminiscent of what you get in the real world. People waving the big stick at you telling you how to live your life or face a fine or prison time, you either comply or they deny you what it is you want and everyone sits back and takes it.

Now ain't that fair?
It's all just being blown out of all preportion IMO, I bet Xcnuse never even knew of his "special" status.

However, we all know how the "internet" population love a good witch hunt.
personally...i think everyone should be equal...apart from in races, comparing licensed and unlicensed drivers...i hate it when admins lock threads and stuff...fair enough if it is was over the top, idiotic thread...but, watch i bet you this thread will get locked...i liked it better in 2004...those were the days...i wish it was like that again...as i've been here from nearly the beginning...and i think everyone should be equal...who cares over a stupid avatar...?
Quote from danowat :It's all just being blown out of all preportion IMO, I bet Xcnuse never even knew of his "special" status.

However, we all know how the "internet" population love a good witch hunt.

Yeah so you better agree to the general flow of things here before we turn this into a danowat witch hunt, and we all know what a good ol "internet" witch hunt can do to a person.
I also don't like admins closing down stuff because they don't like it. Like the rate the avatar thread, there were people having fun about it, it sometimes was funny to read and you payed attention to peoples avatars. Got closed because an admin was sick of it, but it's only his decission (I think) and that makes it a bit lame.
So is taking away J.B.'s avatar, it was a one man decission, a man that didn't even know the history of J.B., which makes it an even dumber decission.

Admins are here to keep order when things get out of hand and it can generally be assumed it's for the good of the community they acted. In this case this is not true.
Quote from sgt.flippy :Although I'm not American, I can't see the sarcasm in tristan's post.

I think this sentence does not make sense. It should read: "Although I'm American, I can see sarcasm in Tristan's post". (But that doesn't make any sense in the context at hand)

You know, reading Tristan's post over and over again, I think you could be right. Maybe I was just mislead by the wording of the introduction which seems to be utterly disproportional to Nuse's "offence":

Quote :In a flagrent display of power-mongering ...

But maybe that's just due to Tristan's natural tendency to exaggerate and this is in fact supposed to be a serious discussion about forum-freedom? Who knows?
#39 - Gunn
I'm going to watch a few episodes of Monkey Magic. ...I recall the one where Monkey gets sealed under a mountain for 500 years by Buddha for stirring up trouble in heaven and eating sacred peaches thereby ruining the peach festival. He also stole Lao Tzu's elixir. Terrible stuff.

Anyway, eventually along comes Tripitaka and lets monkey out from under mountain by removing Buddha's sacred seal.

Let's hope Buddha doesn't wait so long in this case.
O/T

This forum is still pretty good, especially considering the nature of the topic it covers, that is essentially pc gaming (ok dont shoot me - simulation).

One thing I find though is that maybe 50% of comments on this forum seem to purposely argue with someone for whatever reason. Maybe this is due to a mixture of nationalities or another reason, I'm not sure. What I do know though is on other forums I am a member of, primarily made up of members from one country, there are very rarely arguments, the whole atmosphere is much lighter, and as a result people are able to help each other more. Tbf 99% of the members are older than 17 (yes its a car forum) so the topics are mature. It also helps that the variety of problems is far greater than here so people arent repeating themselves as much. Moderation on there is nearly uneccessary lol.

Either way, the moderation here is fair most of the time, I think nuse receives a bit of abuse for appearing too 'triggy happy', but on the whole its pretty good.
Quote from sgt.flippy :I also don't like admins closing down stuff because they don't like it. Like the rate the avatar thread, there were people having fun about it, it sometimes was funny to read and you payed attention to peoples avatars. Got closed because an admin was sick of it, but it's only his decission (I think) and that makes it a bit lame.
So is taking away J.B.'s avatar, it was a one man decission, a man that didn't even know the history of J.B., which makes it an even dumber decission.

Admins are here to keep order when things get out of hand and it can generally be assumed it's for the good of the community they acted. In this case this is not true.

You're confusing Admins with Moderators.

Admins are here to keep the forum running, install updates, backup databases etc.

Moderators are here to keep us users in line, and to keep the forum tidy.

There's obviously an Admin/Mods only area somewhere that us lowly users cannot see (threads are created here when posts are reported), where I hope they discuss things amongst themselves before taking any actions except for basic forum maintainence and removing of offensive content.

J.B. obviously had some type of special treatment, but maybe this was agreed with the Admins and has now been undone by an over enthusiastic Mod ?
i dont understand, why is it good, if you remove the demo signatures. are you afraid from that 255 bytes?
Quote from Bean0 :You're confusing Admins with Moderators.

Admins are here to keep the forum running, install updates, backup databases etc.

Moderators are here to keep us users in line, and to keep the forum tidy.

There's obviously an Admin/Mods only area somewhere that us lowly users cannot see (threads are created here when posts are reported), where I hope they discuss things amongst themselves before taking any actions except for basic forum maintainence and removing of offensive content.

J.B. obviously had some type of special treatment, but maybe this was agreed with the Admins and has now been undone by an over enthusiastic Mod ?

Well, you still get the picture I was trying to get across.
I know there is a dark, damp side on the forum ( some mod maybe remembers this), so I hope you're right in that last sentence.
#44 - CSU1
Whats so attractive about avatars anyway?...Do they cost money to keep the pics on the server? why do all demo racers not have them...

Quote from Danowat :Meh, miles more things in life and LFS to get bent outta shape about than a stinking avatar.

+1 here, tristan I'm sure there's somethin more productive you can be doing with your time today...stop trying to undermine the structure of rules here...it will just get fugly.

I voted no, because its a thread that belongs in a little girls playground.
Quote from Live For Kill :i dont understand, why is it good, if you remove the demo signatures. are you afraid from that 255 bytes?

Somehow have to agree.
I can`t find the topic people talking about, where they voted (?) for it, but I think it`s plain stupid to not let the demo user have no right for avatar. It`s not that big thingy, but I don`t like that, beeing a demo user giving you less right on a forum. Thats just so... stupid
Quote from The Very End :Somehow have to agree.
I can`t find the topic people talking about, where they voted (?) for it, but I think it`s plain stupid to not let the demo user have no right for avatar. It`s not that big thingy, but I don`t like that, beeing a demo user giving you less right on a forum. Thats just so... stupid

Dude, there are forums you have to pay to be on it, I know a forum where when you pay membership, you get an extra part opened up. Nobody naggs about it over there, because they find it normal.

Demo-players are leeches (I'm not saying this in a bad way, just technically speaking, and you'll have to admit I'm right, they are potential buyers, but untill they do, they are just simple leeches). So why give them equal privileges to paying members, why don't we give them the full game then too? I'm being drastic, but that's just so I can get my point across
#47 - Gunn
Please guys, I'm sure 'Nuse was only being more of a boy scout than a e-thug. Don't get too wound-up over it.
Quote from Gunn :eventually along comes Tripitaka and lets monkey out from under mountain by removing Buddha's sacred seal.

I could never work out whether Tripitaka was a boy or a girl.

And I was a bit scared of Sandy. Was he supposed to be dead or something? I don't know... the show often seemed to imply that he was a reincarnation of some dead... thing.
Quote from sgt.flippy :Dude, there are forums you have to pay to be on it, I know a forum where when you pay membership, you get an extra part opened up. Nobody naggs about it over there, because they find it normal.

Demo-players are leeches (I'm not saying this in a bad way, just technically speaking, and you'll have to admit I'm right, they are potential buyers, but untill they do, they are just simple leeches). So why give them equal privileges to paying members, why don't we give them the full game then too? I'm being drastic, but that's just so I can get my point across

Oh...oh..OH! Seriously, that pissed me of! I don`t give a crap about that paying forum, I guess all those on that forum a forum-pcycho-whores ... or something!
Calling demo user leecher is the most stupid thing I have ever heard! Many of the demo users buys licences afterwards after they have tried the demo, but to call the ffooking leechers?!
Comments like this, and people like you making a divided community, I vote for a united community with equal rights, not a twatsquad and the rest of the "leechers"!
#50 - CSU1
Quote from sgt.flippy :Dude, there are forums you have to pay to be on it, I know a forum where when you pay membership, you get an extra part opened up. Nobody naggs about it over there, because they find it normal.

god help you if you work in marketing or advertising...
This thread is closed

Bring Back J.B's Avatar Petition
(81 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG