The online racing simulator
Bring Back J.B's Avatar Petition
(81 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should J.B. have his avatar reinstated?

Yes, it was unfair
No, I hate freedom
Quote from The Very End :Somehow have to agree.
I can`t find the topic people talking about, where they voted (?) for it, but I think it`s plain stupid to not let the demo user have no right for avatar. It`s not that big thingy, but I don`t like that, beeing a demo user giving you less right on a forum. Thats just so... stupid

Its an incentive to buy S2, although Id like to know who was actually thinking something along the lines of..

'Wow I get an awesome sim, LFSWORLD stats!, automagic skin download, real FFB support, all I need now is something to swing the vote. Ah an avatar!'

Seems unlikely but thats how its been and thats how it should stay.
Just to make it clear, I don't have a problem with the moderators or their moderation on this forum. I don't have an issue with 99% of the people on this forum. I have had an issue with Nuse's moderation in the past, as he seems over zealous about petty things.

It is not, stricly speaking, about J.Bs avatar disappearing, but the principle of excessive and pointless moderation - almost to the point of (forgive the comparison) Orwellian control. J.B had an avatar. We knew him, we knew his avatar. We know he's had S2 for a long time. He got it when avatars were allowed. If other demo users, or S2 users posting under a known name, wanted an avatar they could have got one then too! But now Nuse has decided that he can't have it any longer, even though Victor was quite happy to leave existing avatars in place.

Most of the time I don't have a problem with Nuse's moderation either. He's looked after threads, closed them at the right time, and left them open when they could be (mostly - some exceptions). But this beggars belief. It's like he's looking for trouble even when trouble doesn't exist. And I don't like that. I like the LFS Forum, as it is friendly, open and honest (even if the open and honesty sometimes results in me called stupid people stupid - though I don't see the harm in that), but I don't want us to head down the route RSC took.

I make my feelings known about Nuse when he was a simple File Moderator (or Janitor Moderator), and I made my feelings known when he became a full moderator. As far as I can see this is exactly the sort of behaviour I was worried about, and I do not want it to get out of hand.

What next? Will Nuse remove links to other forums from people's sigs? Will he stop people saying things he personally doesn't agree with? Bob and Sam (and Franky, though I see less of him than I'd like) seem to be, so far, perfect moderators.

Also, I'd like to point out that I have absolutely no desire to be a moderator here. It would take away all the pleasure out of it for me, and I would much rather keep my Tristan hat on and be me than have to pretend to be open-minded about things. Plus there would, understandably, be a public outcry if I was even asked. This is NOT about jealousy.
#53 - Jakg
Quote from The Very End :Somehow have to agree.
I can`t find the topic people talking about, where they voted (?) for it, but I think it`s plain stupid to not let the demo user have no right for avatar. It`s not that big thingy, but I don`t like that, beeing a demo user giving you less right on a forum. Thats just so... stupid

iirc there were Demo Users with offensive avatars being created, and so they disabled them
While I know not to take this thread seriously and all, the simple fact is that right at this minute, there are probably more people reading this thread than there are racing online (I'm not counting the 'cruise' servers).

I'd rather be racing, but no-one else is...
i agree totally with you tristan...i guess some people just have their bad times and their happy times..

I think XCNuse, well, should just try not to use his moderation skills for a few weeks, then come back...in my opinion...this forum doesn't REALLY need moderators

Of course for those who are looking for trouble can be dealt with...but otherwise, who cares over a stupid little avatar lol...i think personally...Bob, Sam and Frankster are good mods.
Quote from The Very End :Oh...oh..OH! Seriously, that pissed me of! I don`t give a crap about that paying forum, I guess all those on that forum a forum-pcycho-whores ... or something!
Calling demo user leecher is the most stupud thing I have ever heard! Many of the demo users buys licences afterwards after they have tried the demo, but to call the ffooking leechers?!
Comments like this, and people like you making a divided community, I vote for a united community with equal rights, not a twatsquad and the rest of the "leechers"!

I said leecher not in an insulting way. What's a leech? It uses something that isn't his and he's not paying for it. That's what a leech is. So as long as the demo player is a demo player it's a leech. I don't mean this insulting in any way, so calm down.

The paying forum, I don't like that either, but it's reality, it exists and they have members. The partly paying forum, it's for cars, so everyone is +18, and nobody complains about it ever, they find it very normal. So there is something wrong with the mentality of everyone's equal, because in real life, it's just not true.

Paying customers ARE treated better, there are places in real life you can't use the bathroom unless you buy something. You can buy VIP tickets to a game for a better seat and service. You can buy an LFS license for more content and forum accesability.
Well, tbh, i have never had to post my feelings on something like this before, but i think its wrong. You would have to be FOOOOOOOOOLISH (or new) to not know about J.B. Even I, know that J.B. is has a S2 licence. And if you look closely at LFSW, you will notice that there is an account J.B., from germany, although it has 0 Miles on it.

Yes, i think XCNuse was just trying to be fair, but i also have the feeling that he is just doing things to "show off" his power.

e: in the time it took me to post this 5 or 6 posts were made :/
Tristan: Maybe Nuse didn't know about J.B.'s circumstances?

I've been here since late '03 and i didn't....
#59 - CSU1
Quote from harjun :i agree totally with you tristan...i guess some people just have their bad times and their happy times..

I think XCNuse, well, should just try not to use his moderation skills for a few weeks, then come back...in my opinion...this forum doesn't REALLY need moderators

Of course for those who are looking for trouble can be dealt with...but otherwise, who cares over a stupid little avatar lol...i think personally...Bob, Sam and Frankster are good mods.

ROFL!=!1=1???
+1 for happy times

Quote :this forum doesn't REALLY need moderators

+1 just let BOB the locksmith lock it all up

.....who is Frankster
Quote from nikimere :Tristan: Maybe Nuse didn't know about J.B.'s circumstances?

What's he been doing for the past 3 or 4 years then? Masturbating whenever it was mentioned (countless times)?
#61 - CSU1
Quote from tristancliffe :What's he been doing for the past 3 or 4 years then? Masturbating whenever it was mentioned (countless times)?

why would he be masturbating tristancliffe

What teh hell is up with you today??? feeling down? no one love you?
Just be happy.happy.
#62 - Gunn
How about we all just chip in one Pound each and license JB's account? That way everyone can take their bat and ball and go home without breaking any windows.
Quote from tristancliffe :What's he been doing for the past 3 or 4 years then? Masturbating whenever it was mentioned (countless times)?

Not everyone reads every post/thread... I never knew he was a S2 licenced driver. Obviously i didn't read those threads/post as they didn't interest me.
Masturbating whilst reading a forum isn't my style, there are much more appropriate sites for that sort of thing!
Looks like this J.B. is quite well known here so I guess we could make an exception and let him keep his avatar with the demo account he preffers to use. Or just merge those two accounts together or something.

I think XCNuse didn't know this and it wasn't cool starting a thread about it before we even hear his side. tristancliffe, now you're trying to make him look like a bad guy when he was just doing his job removing avatars from demo users. And you didn't just say your disagreement you came out quite agressive and even insulting.

And do those demo users who have been here a long time have more or less privilige to keeping their avatars?
Quote from sgt.flippy :I said leecher not in an insulting way. What's a leech? It uses something that isn't his and he's not paying for it. That's what a leech is. So as long as the demo player is a demo player it's a leech. I don't mean this insulting in any way, so calm down.

The paying forum, I don't like that either, but it's reality, it exists and they have members. The partly paying forum, it's for cars, so everyone is +18, and nobody complains about it ever, they find it very normal. So there is something wrong with the mentality of everyone's equal, because in real life, it's just not true.

Paying customers ARE treated better, there are places in real life you can't use the bathroom unless you buy something. You can buy VIP tickets to a game for a better seat and service. You can buy an LFS license for more content and forum accesability.

I clearly understand you point of veiw, but I just saying I don`t like it (after a deep breath). But I think, at least on a forum like this, there should be equality.. but again, we`ve seen examples lately that LFS and the forums tend to have a iron-hand over things. If they want, so it be. Tho I know theres nothing to do
with it, it`s just some things I don`t agree with.

Edit
Quote from nikimere :Not everyone reads every post/thread... I never knew he was a S2 licenced driver. Obviously i didn't read those threads/post as they didn't interest me.
Masturbating whilst reading a forum isn't my style, there are much more appropriate sites for that sort of thing!

I feel the same way...

About both points. What sites do you know??

@the very end: I understand your point also, glad we figured this out
#67 - CSU1
Quote from Gunn :How about we all just chip in one Pound each and license JB's account? That way everyone can take their bat and ball and go home without breaking any windows.

Im sure if JB thought it was that important he would have done so himself. This is just some sort of rebellious attack from someone not quite themselfs today imo...just be fookieng happy lads...and stop bitching about silly stuff...go walk the dog or play with the wife or something/out>
Quote from CSU1 :Im sure if JB thought it was that important he would have done so himself. This is just some sort of rebellious attack from someone not quite themselfs today imo...just be fookieng happy lads...and stop bitching about silly stuff...go walk the dog or play with the wife or something/out>

Wife is out working, I'm at her place, my car is at home, so I have completely nothing to do, this computer doesn't even run LFS
Quote from Gunn :How about we all just chip in one Pound each and license JB's account? That way everyone can take their bat and ball and go home without breaking any windows.

Then why wouldn't we do that with anyone else? Why does anyone really care? Nuse made a mistake. Ooops. Nuse is overusing his powers. Oh dear.

Chaps, come on now. I don't think that this is the type of conversation to be having on public? Why not PM Nuse and point him in the direction of the apparently (I'm not saying there isn't - I'm just none-the-wiser) posts that discuss JB already having an account?

Can we please just put this to bed, or even better, delete the post so that we don't end up putting people off buying LFS because of all the petty sniping going on.
my Wife hates me so I`m with a buddy

Edit :
But deleting posts doesn`t help eigter in my oppinion. Then we just show an bad example again :/
Delete-ing doesn`t help or solves the problem.

And come on Tristan, surely there is no need for comments like this.
#72 - DeKo
Quote from kurent :Looks like this J.B. is quite well known here so I guess we could make an exception and let him keep his avatar with the demo account he preffers to use. Or just merge those two accounts together or something.

I think XCNuse didn't know this and it wasn't cool starting a thread about it before we even hear his side. tristancliffe, now you're trying to make him look like a bad guy when he was just doing his job removing avatars from demo users. And you didn't just say your disagreement you came out quite agressive and even insulting.

And do those demo users who have been here a long time have more or less privilige to keeping their avatars?

XCNuse wasnt doing his job, there wasnt a job to be done. Vic has been fine with it for a long time, so why should nuse suddenly go "I dont like that" and remove it?
#73 - J.B.
Wow, I didn't see this thread coming. Truly Heartwaming. :grouphug:

Personally I don't want to demand any kind of special treatment over other demo users but seeing my avatar removed by a mod "just because he can" did annoy me.

Maybe it wouldn't be too much work for the admins to allow demo users that have been around long enough or can prove possession of an S2 account to gain S2 forum privileges? That way there would be a fair standard instead of special treatment of some users.

And for people who are wondering why I'm using a demo account the simple reason is that I used the same name at RSC and I don't like my liscensed name (SF-Joe, as in SuperFly, there, now you now my dirty secret ).

Anyway, thanks for the support, I'm sure this issue will be concluded soon.
Quote from tristancliffe :In a flagrent display of power-mongering, Nuse today removed J.Bs avatar.

Now that says everything . I still don't understand how he got the moderator rights here, you just can't give too much "power" to everyone!
#75 - CSU1
^^ you see tristan if you just ask and not barge in kicking and screaming things get done alot quicker.

Tristancliffe = J.B's biatch
This thread is closed

Bring Back J.B's Avatar Petition
(81 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG