The online racing simulator
Bring Back J.B's Avatar Petition
(81 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should J.B. have his avatar reinstated?

Yes, it was unfair
No, I hate freedom
In a flagrent display of power-mongering, Nuse today removed J.Bs avatar.

If you didn't know, J.B. has been on this forum pretty much since the beginning (if not THE beginning), and has owned S2 for a LONG time, under a different username. He posts using J.B. because that is what he was known as at RSC, and continued with that here.

Nuse removed his avatar, which he had wince the days that demo accounts were allowed them, in a petty little "look at me, aren't I powerful" flounce.

Vote if you want to see it back, and justice given, or no if you think Nuse had done the right thing. Clicking no means we'll probably end up like RSC here, which is NOT a good thing.

Edit: A link to what happened, which Nuse will probably remove to save face http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=493100#post493100

Meh, miles more things in life and LFS to get bent outta shape about than a stinking avatar.

He should have his avatar back.
I don`t like that the admins have to show their powers, we know they can do such things, but wtf was the point of this? He have been here longer than most of us, and then suddenty he canot be allowed to use his avatar anymore because 1 man, tho he is admin, 1 man alone is against it as far as I`v seen.
Haha. And everyone goes on about how great the community is at LFS to newbies. Stuff like this makes me laugh.
#6 - Jakg
I've never wanted to post my opinion on Nuse, but i just think that he's trying to be to over-helpful and make full use of the powers he's been given. Shame it's not always the best thing to do *shrugs*

He'll get better Hopefully.
PS - Nuse can't spot white text on his new laptop that easily, fyi
#7 - DeKo
That.. sucks. Not even just J.B.'s avatar, but when he says "I go around and pick them off when I see them usually." I know they are demo users and they shouldnt have one, but if an admin just gets rid of his avatar in an "Look at me and my POWAH!!" sort of way, its not going to give a good impression.
Wow that be pretty uncool if you ask me, not really sure what Nuse is trying to pull here but it wont get him nothing but trouble. I don't know much about J.B except he's ein kraut and very intelligent, oh and his demo user status with an avatar made him a god - Cause all dem little demo newbz be wanting an avatar!

Personally I feel the 'moderators' have a little too much control around these parts to begin with, but thats just my personal opinion and Ill try and leave it at that. It just seems that they often favor particular people and basically like to 'show off' their E-Tackle.
Granted, perhaps he should spend more time racing than Avatar hunting.
And hohoho.
Where's the "I couldn't give a rats ass. Why does this deserve it's own thread FFS?" option?

Or the "If this was a bug, wouldn't it be better to fix it?" option?
I liked the dog.
Couldn't this be done over pm? What's all this personal insulting lately, didn't expect this from you Tristan. Edit to clarify: didn't expect him to insult a well known member of the forum admins just because he did something he thought was good for the community...

Either way, I myself have also made the mistake to make a comment about J.B. and his demo account (and posting S2 content) once, so to avoid more misconceptions it would be nice to give him the S2 licensed tag. Or maybe J.B. could just use his license name to post on the forum..?
Quote from traxxion :What's all this personal insulting lately, didn't expect this from you Tristan.

BBBAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I just covered my monitor in highland spring water
It`s a forum. We are suposed to discuss things here, everything releated to LFS or others. Someone had a reaction on something that happend, and therfor made a topic about it. Nothing wrong with that.
But, avatar back now please.
#15 - Goop
I guess I missed the thread So, why exactly is it that demo-user's aren't allowed avatars? It a bandwidth thing, and not there to make them feel like second-class citizens..... right?

No vote from me, loaded poll.

(BTW, I thought you were generally doing pretty well, XCNuse)
I don't really look at licence status when talking to someone, except when it's about suggestions but we all know that

But you can look at it this way: he's a "demo" player, with an avatar, so this means he's been here for a long time and he can be respected. Now that extra was taken away from him and I think it should stay. It's like removing the "moderator" text from admins.
If he's a known S2 user, can he not just be added to the S2 licensed usergroup ?
#18 - DeKo
Quote from Bean0 :If he's a known S2 user, can he not just be added to the S2 licensed usergroup ?

IIRC he was at one point, but a forum upgrade broke it. (No idea why or how.)
XCNuse looking for an excuse to use his moderatory powers? Surely not.

Having said that, there really are more important things, and this doesn't deserve it's own topic.
I believe J.B has a separate S2 license account that he uses when he wants to go racing online, and has kept this demo name purely for forum use. Besides where's the harm in him having an avatar as a demo user? No one seems to have mentioned it before and now people want him to change?
Trouble is, if he is allowed an avatar, why isn't every other demo user?, double standards IMO
I don't really agree with making exceptions for people. However if he had it from the start i would have just left it as is.
He couldn't be added to the S2 userlist because technically someone can register a DEMO name when the buy S2 if they want. So afaik someone could buy S2 and call themselves J.B. if they wanted to....
Just out of sheer curiousity....What was his avatar anyway?

Also, if his S2 license status "broke", is it not possible to fix it?
His avatar was that white dog from Family Guy, Brian iirc. It's looking good so far, 37 against 3.
Just give him the S2 licence tag or rename-replace his demo account with his S2 account name ffs

Personaly Im S2 player but i dont give a s... about the avatar , but some ppl do and i - we have to respect them (especialy those old School guys ;p )

This thread is closed

(81 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG