The online racing simulator
When I saw this this morning, I just had to share it. The CTRA website is well into development now and although it's more Sams baby than mine so I cannot give a date, it did turn up a funny this morning. You see, it's entirely driven by the licence database, and at the moment the database only includes the beta testers because we have not yet migrated the old database. I'll let a quote do the rest...

Quote from CTRA DEV WEBSITE :
The CTRA is the largest Sim Race Authority in the world, with 48 registered racers...

Lmao!!
Quote from CTRA DEV WEBSITE :

The CTRA is the largest Sim Race Authority in the world, with 48 registered racers...

.... ... erm, ... who have got LOTS of friends that are gonna join in real soon ... honest!

LOL! That quote made me giggle. Nice one Sam!
That many friends Sam

Nice one
Very Nice News!

I cant wait for test this new version!

Keep up that very good work.

CTRA are one of my prefered servers
We've identified a rare but critical crash bug in RC2, we where hoping for our final test tonight but this is exactly what testing is for I guess . I'll post more news when I have it.
Er..... take your time folks. I just started a Search and Rescue mission last night on the flight server (FS9). Every time I start one of these tours/missions, something comes up in LFS that doesn't allow me to finish my tour
I've spoken to all 11,000 licenced racers Mr Rogers, and they'd all rather wait for you to finish your flight sim mission before we launch .
Quote from mrodgers :I just started a Search and Rescue mission last night on the flight server

If you don't finish it soon the people your searching for will have died anyway.

Forget about em, i heard they wont be missed anyway
Just drop in anywhere on the M25, pick up a couple of random hitchhikers, dress them up in those spare flight suits that you needed to get rid off and hi tail it pack to base. Drop em in the Debrief after giving them a scant and wholy innadiquate backstory and hitail it outta there and back into LFS. . . .

There. Sorted. You only had to share with the group.

CTRA License Members . . . We get the job done.
The rare crash bug was identified in last nights beta test and has been fixed, we're on the third release candidate and there are no known bugs. The web site is well into development and the only part of the software still to be developed is a tool called 'X-Monitor' which will detect when the software has crashed then close and relaunch it (along with a load of admin stuff you dont need to worry about).

It's now very close to launch, although I want to give Sam a little time to get the web admin stuff fleshed out before I announce a day for launch.

On a personal front i'm now unemployed... The things that have happened to me whilst developing this software! lol... well anyway, most of my work on X-System is done now so it shouldn't effect anything.
Hope you find a job Becky if you looking for one.
on the upside now you dont have to work to not get paid
and no this is not meant as sarcastic as it appears to be at first glance
No sarcasm detected! I had to quit, because I have to go temping to put food on the table.
soz to hear that becky, my dad was in a similar situation, but like you said yuo cant work and not get paid
Now that is shitty, I have been there myself. But it does get better. You cant work and not get payed for it. Bosses think they can do anything they wish. Well it is time to tell them off, .

Anyway good luck finding a new job, but from what i have seen with CTRAX it shouldnt be a big problem. Youre the coding champ
it can sometimes be a blessing in disguise!!!! Besides there is always work for good programmers!
Quote from StableX :it can sometimes be a blessing in disguise!!!! Besides there is always work for good programmers!

correction, amazingly talented programmers
I wanted to give you a taste of the new site without opening the floodgate, so i'm showing you this.

We decided a while ago that we wanted the new licence lookup to look like a proper race licence but the problem there is modern ones just dont look very ... well, interesting. So whilst googling I found an image of Alberto Ascari's F1 licence from the 50's ... and I hit upon an idea.

Whilst Sam has been busy making the web page itself I decided to help out tonight by doing the lookup page, here's what it looks like with some sample data (note: Sam's sig looks a bit blocky on this site)

This is what Alberto Ascari's looked like: http://www.cstudio.net/AscariLicense.jpg

This is my Licence Lookup With Mock Data.

It will print out from most browsers, IE5 & IE6 however can't cope with the overlayed images but it will still view without any problems.
Quote from Becky Rose :I wanted to give you a taste of the new site without opening the floodgate, so i'm showing you this.

We decided a while ago that we wanted the new licence lookup to look like a proper race licence but the problem there is modern ones just dont look very ... well, interesting. So whilst googling I found an image of Alberto Ascari's F1 licence from the 50's ... and I hit upon an idea.

Whilst Sam has been busy making the web page itself I decided to help out tonight by doing the lookup page, here's what it looks like with some sample data (note: Sam's sig looks a bit blocky on this site)

This is what Alberto Ascari's looked like: http://www.cstudio.net/AscariLicense.jpg

This is my Licence Lookup With Mock Data.

It will print out from most browsers, IE5 & IE6 however can't cope with the overlayed images but it will still view without any problems.

thats looks awesome.
I agree, that looks like top quality
Quote from Becky Rose :I wanted to give you a taste of the new site without opening the floodgate, so i'm showing you this. .../... It will print out from most browsers, IE5 & IE6 however can't cope with the overlayed images but it will still view without any problems.

That's a nice touch Becky .
I wonder who is going to be the first to print out their license, laminate it, and then try and pass it off as a REAL license ??

Quote from Bladerunner :I wonder who is going to be the first to print out their license, laminate it, and then try and pass it off as a REAL license ??

Hehe If I ever get Banned I can always use Sam's now I have copied it

Anyway Joking apart "Thats SUPA my dear fellow"

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG