The online racing simulator
The Countdown Begins, sortah...
Some of you may know that I do software development in my day job too, boring stuff relating to UNIX servers and the like that nobody cares about. Next week we're going into something called 'crunch'.

This is a period in software development that preceeds a deadline, it's that period of time when the deadline is looming and nothing is ready. At it's best i'll be doing a few hours overtime everyday, at its worst i'll be sleeping in the office.

I've spoken to all parties involved in the X-System development and we've constructed a plan to be able to deliver the new system to you, we've decided to ommit some 'icing on the cake' features for the initial launch, and we're not going to implement the events system just yet.

We'll be launching these features still, but in order to get the new X-System powered servers to you quicker we're going to go live without them and come back to these concepts later.

I have a little sorting out to do on the core system which I hope to get done during the evenings next week. Once that's finished we'll be starting a week long beta test.

During this time hopefully the web based back end of the system will be writen, that's being done by Sam. The hope is that he'll be ready with enough functionality to make the system workable by the time that the beta test is complete.

As with the previous system we will keep working on the X-System and you will see new features appearing periodically until, as with the old system, we just cant take it any further.

Eventually you will get the events system which - I believe - is going to have a wide reaching impact on our chosen sport.

I wanted the events system to go live with the X-System, at this moment in time however, with everything else going on between decorating, hospital, and my day job commitments, getting the events system complete is a mountain that would significantly delay getting the servers to you.

So launch time is drawing nearer, hopefully within the next fortnight.
Great news,thank you Becky and the team who took part
Good luck!
:jawdrop:
#5 - Kdovi
*still can't believe that*
Oh my ...! Holy ....! Finally! I can't wait
Nice
#7 - Dumpy
Cool! So it'll be an alpha then?
Yes its coming lets party.
Are there going to be broadcasts again?
May I ask if the CTRA servers will have forced cockpit view?
I'm not convinced by the implementation. I believe that the view should be limited to anywhere ahead of the drivers head. Cockpit view isnt good for some PC's and I see nothing wrong with some custom views for T-bar cams on single seaters etc. There is no need to restrict the view to the cockpit as far as I can see. Each to their own.
Thats good to hear.

Although Im using a view thats behind the driver's head.
does this mean beta testers wont be needed any more?
They're an instrumental part of a week long beta test.
I saw a server yester day called STCC event A. it was on SO3r with TBO cars selectible. was that an offical server?
thats where they are finishing the STCC league iirc
Quote from Becky Rose :They're an instrumental part of a week long beta test.

cool, so CTRA might still need some?
Quote from March Hare :Are there going to be broadcasts again?

Nothing has been forgotten, just delayed =)
Nice news, thanks to all: becky, Sam and all other guys working in the shadow and make all this possible.

I know that it is a hard job, but we are good clients :-) and we really admire your job!.

Friendly Michel.
Quote from MikeBlue :Nice news, thanks to all: becky, Sam and all other guys working in the shadow and make all this possible.

I know that it is a hard job, but we are good clients :-) and we really admire your job!.

Friendly Michel.

Yup, right up until we dish out penalties !
#22 - SamH
ROFL! I've been thinking that too! They like us now......!! hehehe!!
lol for the win, i hope im not one of them, my mission will be to play my ass of and get silver
Quote from Becky Rose :Yup, right up until we dish out penalties !

Penalties !?! *gulp*

Be gentle with us! :hidesbehi
The beta test started last night, we've found 1 bug in track rotations (couldnt have been spotted sooner as it needed lots of track changes to occur) and identified another for investigation, overall not bad.

Did you apply for beta testing on the UKCT forum? Check if you can see the beta testing sub forum. Some people have access but did not ever come back.

Anyway, to answer the growing number of pm's no we dont actually need more testers - but it is great fun.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG