The online racing simulator
i had a look last night but could not see any CTRA servers running ??
I think you must have looked whilst I was still sorting it out Al.
#28 - Dru
Quote from al heeley :i had a look last night but could not see any CTRA servers running ??

Al thats a shame,

search by my username (Dru) as I was on last night for 2/3 hours on the server, btw we were using the UKCT Race 1 server i think

Also we were in the Teamspeak for UKCT rather than the beta test one..

if you ain't got the details then pm Beckyu or give me a shout and we'll make sure we hook up later

Regards,

Dru.
Keep it on zee down low, I'm gonna speak with Becky as soon as I can to get that issue sorted.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Somebody forgot to pay the bills?

www.simtouringcarcup.com

Not exactly forgot, I havnt been paid my wages again and having just been stung for car insurance i'm pretty much destitute until my boss decides that i'm more important than his new front door.

I'll sort it out soon.
So the league does have a longer future then then this season? It made some sense from my viewpoint to drop the domain. Just found it a little early, therefore mu surprised remark.
Seems to be back up again. Becky must have done a bit of searching down the back of the sofa. Well, it's what I do when I need some ready cash
In last nights test we found very few bugs and implemented some of the last few features, there's only a handful more features to come and just 2 issues outstanding that we've spotted. It's getting closer.
Sounds great, it's just a shame I haven't had any time to assist with the beta testing
Quote from danowat :Sounds great, it's just a shame I haven't had any time to assist with the beta testing

like me
Well, since it probably won't be that long until the new system is up I went and practised some SO1 with the XFG; hadn't driven that one ever since CTRA went down. Man... after weeks of racing GTR on BL GP and AS NAT, the XFG feels weird as hell. It's sooooo sloooow, and the road tyres took quite some getting used to. In every turn I was like "what the hell, turn damn you, TURN!!" as the car just seemed to keep going forward I got back into my rythm after 10 laps or so, a second or less above my PB.

I'm definitely counting down now, I've hardly raced at all this week 'cause I can't find any good servers with nice combo's
Can I just say that as part of the privilaged Beta testing team, we have had SUCH A BLAST this week doing testing on various aspects.
Quote from Becky Rose :Not exactly forgot, I havnt been paid my wages again and having just been stung for car insurance i'm pretty much destitute until My Boss decides that i'm more important than his new front door.

I'll sort it out soon.

How much do you need?

edit: Can't wait for the CTRA servers, need some proper racing, looks like the cruise servers takes up all the drivers.
Some BETA testing feedback. I will try to sort out an HQ download, it's a bit of a pig because I made this at work (almost legitimately too).
Stop teasing us! No decent servers around lately competitive racing has just dissapeared since STCC went down, blarg.
Quote from al heeley :Can I just say that as part of the privilaged Beta testing team, we have had SUCH A BLAST this week doing testing on various aspects.

Al, it was fun to spin you into the wall too.
This Sunday its a week left.
Tomorrow we start testing Release Candidate 1 .
Here's a definition of that, for those who may not know.

Quote :Release candidate

The term release candidate refers to a version with potential to be a final product, ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge. In this stage, the product features all designed functionalities and no known showstopper class bugs. At this phase the product is usually code complete.

Quote from Becky Rose :Tomorrow we start testing Release Candidate 1 .

:huepfenic
Most pointless post ever!
Public testing? Pretty please
#48 - SamH
Well, the truth is that we'll be ready for public testing in about a week! LOL! The whole "going live" thing will be a test in itself! The beta testers are experiencing the things we don't really want the public to suffer through - constant restarts of the software and of the races, layouts being loaded while they're trying their best to cut corners (barriers magically appearing before them etc). Quite honestly, we're putting the testers through hell! Poor buggers!

The beta testers are doing a fantastic job of poking and prodding the software, trying to make it crash or give out incorrect information.. and they are also giving absolutely invaluable input regarding the features. No matter how much they do, though (and they really are doing a great job), there's always the possibility that having a large number of servers full of racers will cause unforeseen behaviour in the software when we go live. We just need to have as short a list of "to fix"s for Becky as possible when we get to that point
Quote from SamH :Well, the truth is that we'll be ready for public testing in about a week! LOL! The whole "going live" thing will be a test in itself! The beta testers are experiencing the things we don't really want the public to suffer through - constant restarts of the software and of the races, layouts being loaded while they're trying their best to cut corners (barriers magically appearing before them etc). Quite honestly, we're putting the testers through hell! Poor buggers!

The beta testers are doing a fantastic job of poking and prodding the software, trying to make it crash or give out incorrect information.. and they are also giving absolutely invaluable input regarding the features. No matter how much they do, though (and they really are doing a great job), there's always the possibility that having a large number of servers full of racers will cause unforeseen behaviour in the software when we go live. We just need to have as short a list of "to fix"s for Becky as possible when we get to that point

Why not a semi-public test? First 10 people into the server get to test or something?

What am I saying, I just want to try it out!
*grumble* Release Candidate 1.00000001

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG