The online racing simulator
New Objects for All Tracks
(25 posts, started )
Well, I just noticed in Patch W that there aren't the same tires in both V and Q. There are larger stacks of tires and more colors in V and Q. Just noticing that made me think of other things too.

Ramps!
Wouldn't you like ramps on all tracks? I know I would. Maybe a ramp system that allows ramps on all tracks. Also, maybe a full ramp instead of just one little piece of it? Like the whole ramp.

Editable Ad Signs????
I highly doubt this would ever happen in LFS, even in S3, but I will ask anyway. Do you think there would be an editor in LFS (similar to the track editor and the car skin editor) that allowed you to make and use your own ad banner things (like the ones at BL on the backstretch that n00bs like to crash into and make a big wreck, the ones right before the entrance to the RallyX course)

And thats about it!
What's a "whole ramp"?

I don't know what you mean by car skin editor because LFS doesn't have one. You have to use an art program to make skins (did you mean the CMX skin viewer maybe?).

You can edit the billboards & other track textures already. A few LFS'ers have released some nice alternate texture packs (check the Addons section) :up:
#3 - Gunn
i know i would
how about a loop
Quote from ToxicKlay :Ramps!
Wouldn't you like ramps on all tracks? I know I would. Maybe a ramp system that allows ramps on all tracks. Also, maybe a full ramp instead of just one little piece of it? Like the whole ramp.

no i would not like to see ramps on all tracks.

yes i would like to see a whole ramp insted of making one piece by piece

Quote from hansonator69 :how about a loop

you serious? you know how much speed you need to be able to do this? the cars weight plus gravity = wont work!
I just wish there were some ramps on the oval track
A whole ramp= 8-10 feet wide, maybe easier to adjust the angle?
The ramps we have now- puny 2x4x20's (thickness x width x length)
THE TOPICS ON THESE FORUMS ARE GETTING WORSE, I DONT BELEIVE THE AMOUNT OF CRAP PEOPLE PUT ON THESE'S FORUMS AND ASK FOR STUPID THINGS,
SHOUTY CAPS LOCK POSTS FOR THE ULTIMATE WIN
heres an idea thats great a LOOP or a really huge ramp
two of the lamest suggestions ever. i too am growing frustrated with the quality of the suggestions being posted lately, and i don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that LFS is a RACING simulator. it's not a stunt driving simulator, and it's certainly not a billboard advertisement graphic design simulator.
I want ramps on all AutoX, but not racetracks. And I want ramps that have adjustable width and height, so I can send UF1's to the moon
Lol....to the moon
Quote from evilgeek :two of the lamest suggestions ever. i too am growing frustrated with the quality of the suggestions being posted lately, and i don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that LFS is a RACING simulator. it's not a stunt driving simulator, and it's certainly not a billboard advertisement graphic design simulator.

You are RIGHT ..

And you are wrong...

LFS Goal: To become the most realistic racing simulator with ALL forms of racing and motorsport (involving cars)!

Even destruction derby is a motorsport, destruction derby's include racing as well!

Stunt racing too, can be considered a motorsport!
Quote from ToxicKlay :
Editable Ad Signs????
I highly doubt this would ever happen in LFS, even in S3, but I will ask anyway. Do you think there would be an editor in LFS (similar to the track editor and the car skin editor) that allowed you to make and use your own ad banner things (like the ones at BL on the backstretch that n00bs like to crash into and make a big wreck, the ones right before the entrance to the RallyX course)

I doubt internally!

But.. Im sure custom bigwords can be possible using the same method car licenseplates use!

Even though this isn't important, I think it would be cool for event managers to have custom event specific billboards in sim!
I wonder sometimes about this... Do the people who say that LFS is being developed towards one form of racing say that out of knowing, or from hoping that it is true? Maybe Scawen/Eric/Vic are stunt racing fans, or have a secret place in their hearts for drifting, or whatever.
Quote from elektric :Maybe Scawen/Eric/Vic are stunt racing fans, or have a secret place in their hearts for drifting, or whatever.

:lovies3d:

-B-
Quote from evilgeek :two of the lamest suggestions ever. i too am growing frustrated with the quality of the suggestions being posted lately, and i don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that LFS is a RACING simulator. it's not a stunt driving simulator, and it's certainly not a billboard advertisement graphic design simulator.

ia m frustrated by people who want to push the development of lfs into one single direction. Destruction derby is a kind of racing. lfs was meant to be a racing simulation offering all kinds of racing. circuit racing is a part of it. rally staging another, drifing another, banger racing another, oval racing another,....

more objects and ramps or at least all objects on all tracks (the same on all tracks) which is not the case at the moment... +1 for that
Thank you Fishfix (or however you spell it ^^)
Yep, and don't forget that the devs obviously didn't think the ramps were a totally stupid idea (or "lame suggestion") when they first went to the trouble of including them.
Since this is on the topic of autocross objects, I need to point out one thing that has been bothering me for a long time.

The red and white barriers.
Now, before you go read something else because you think I'm going to tell about how they make you go flying, you're wrong.

The barrier's real life counterpart are plastic, and when they get bumped... they get bumped and pushed out of the way, I'm not 100% sure, but I think they are either filled partly with water, or have sandbags in them, I can't recall. That is just one thing that has been bothering me, that objects that should move, sit as solid as a boulder on the ground.
Quote from XCNuse :Since this is on the topic of autocross objects, I need to point out one thing that has been bothering me for a long time.

The red and white barriers.
Now, before you go read something else because you think I'm going to tell about how they make you go flying, you're wrong.

The barrier's real life counterpart are plastic, and when they get bumped... they get bumped and pushed out of the way, I'm not 100% sure, but I think they are either filled partly with water, or have sandbags in them, I can't recall. That is just one thing that has been bothering me, that objects that should move, sit as solid as a boulder on the ground.

Yeah and I'd rather hit one, knock it over, and drive off rather than hit one,glitch up, and fly into the air and then fall on someone below me and knock them into it creating a juggling act.
Quote from jjones :THE TOPICS ON THESE FORUMS ARE GETTING WORSE, I DONT BELEIVE THE AMOUNT OF CRAP PEOPLE PUT ON THESE'S FORUMS AND ASK FOR STUPID THINGS,

And I can`t belive that someone has to be stupid enough to scream out in caps lock
Well, it is a suggestion forum, people should be allowed to ask for what THEY want. Tho most of the things are day dreaming, it don`t hurt to have a good picture in your head of it?
If you don`t like it, simply just don`t go into this subforum.
(Tho most of the new topic recently wouldn`t need to be created, if they had found the search button )
Quote from GruntOfAction :Yeah and I'd rather hit one, knock it over, and drive off rather than hit one,glitch up, and fly into the air and then fall on someone below me and knock them into it creating a juggling act.

like in s1?

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG