The online racing simulator
34 Lap Race Tonight
(16 posts, started )
34 Lap Race Tonight
There will be a 34 Lap Race around Fern Bay Gold on the GFC server tonight at 21:00 UK Time. This is a dual class race featuring the FOX and FO8. This is an extremely intense form of competition. As a FOX you have one eye on your mirrors and as an FO8 you are constantly having to lap FOXs cleanly.

There will be an hours practice before the race. If you intend to take part and have not competed in this format before then some practice before hand is highly recomended.

You should also read the rules for this format at http://gentlefoot.com before you join the server. Rules can be found in the forum. Anyone not following the rules will be issued with a 24 hour ban.

GF
Is there a maximum number of each car that can join? Like 50 - 50 or something? Or is that completely up to the drivers? Because I would imagine that most people go for the FO8? Could be wrong, though.

Anyway, I won't join because a) I have to get up early for work tomorrow and b) I have hardly any experience in the FO8 and I tend to get bored with the FOX because it's a tad bit slow I'd love a 30+ lap race for GTR's though! Hardly any server seems to do that
Quote from obsolum :Is there a maximum number of each car that can join? Like 50 - 50 or something? Or is that completely up to the drivers? Because I would imagine that most people go for the FO8? Could be wrong, though.

Anyway, I won't join because a) I have to get up early for work tomorrow and b) I have hardly any experience in the FO8 and I tend to get bored with the FOX because it's a tad bit slow I'd love a 30+ lap race for GTR's though! Hardly any server seems to do that

No rules on numbers of each cars - generally its pretty close to 50/50. And trust me, you wouldn't get bored in the FOX in this format. It is extremely challenging trying to be fast while FO8s are suddenly appearing behind you all the time.

Have a read of some of the post race chat in the forum and you'll see what it's all about.
#4 - Mako.
Man, your servers are usualy nice, and I am realy hating not being able to race right now.. I soo want to.
#5 - Hawku
I'll be there!
#6 - EmilO
Hey this sounds fun! i might be there!
If it only was one hour earlier :/
Quote from obsolum :Is there a maximum number of each car that can join? Like 50 - 50 or something? Or is that completely up to the drivers? Because I would imagine that most people go for the FO8? Could be wrong, though.

Only two FO8s finished.
:bigeyes2:
Fun race though, thanks!
Quote from AK-Chester :Only two FO8s finished.
:bigeyes2:
Fun race though, thanks!

Great race last night. Everyone was pretty sensible if they had accidents and didn't move back onto line or anything. Quite a buzz passing 3 stricken cars in the fast section down from hilltop to the tram line.

I had a great race and even got into the lead of the FOX class, 3rd behind Huppis and Stormy, after define made a small error and outbraked himself I think at the end of the tram line. Then had pressure from him for about 15 laps as he made up the 3 seconds he'd lost to me there.

Really exciting. Just a shame the way it ended. Must have been the last lap for us FOXs. Loose barrel at the chicane sat right in front of me and swerving at that moment wasn't really an option. I hoped if I hit it dead straight-on with no lock at all I might get away with it but it spun me out and onto the grass. Then I hit something very gently, think it may have been define as he came past and the car did the old 'boing' thing and flipped me over. Typical!

Two issues with LFS here. Firstly, why aren't the barrels tied together like in real life? Second is the well known issue of the 'boing' crash detection.

Aah well.
How many FO8's started out, approximately? And how many cars started in total and how many finished? Just curious to know how many people dropped out of the race for whatever reason. The thing that bothers me with the longer races on the public servers is that more than half of the people that start drop out because they make a mistake after a few laps and lose a few positions. Instead of just getting back on track and trying to catch up again they just leave. Very childish IMO...
Only two FO8s finished, and the 2nd one was a lap behind me, but that is the problem with public servers. It is totally different in the league itself where everyone is scrapping for every point they can get and everyone is capable of controlling the car. The league races are also twice as long as the one last night, which imbues a degree of patience with everyone.
#12 - DeKo
Cant make it tonight GF, sorry.
Quote from DeKo :Cant make it tonight GF, sorry.

You're a day too late, mate
#14 - DeKo
fair enough, wasnt paying attention, thought he meant there was another one tonight.
Quote from DeKo :fair enough, wasnt paying attention, thought he meant there was another one tonight.

Storm was referring to the 3rd round of the GFC tomorrow night.
Btw Gentle theres something wrong with ur server :/

34 Lap Race Tonight
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG