The online racing simulator
Slickmod by Kegetys
(138 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Bob Smith :Hehe. Pay attention L(oO)ney!

Everyone - :hihi: :noob:

Me - :doh: :wtf2: :ashamed:

Heh.
Quote from seggons :Thanks alot for the slick tire mod you have created xapexcivicx. It's soooo much fun to use the RB4 with slicks. Keep up the great work :up:

I seggon that! RB4 fun!
Quote from rediske :you need to enter it in the chat box that opens when u press 't' in LFS...

not in a dos box...

I know, I meant to say that I did type it in LFS. :s
Most notably slicks on roadcars, huh? I just spent a couple of hours in an FXR on dirt tyres around FE rally. This is just begging for online racing!
niiiccee! THX to Kegetys. he made a good job in OFP, and now hes making it in LFS. Go on! !!!
Good work Kegetys
Quote from X-Ter :I get error messages with pit spotter:

Connecting to 127.0.0.1:29999... Connection timeout

And it repeats itself until I close the window. What is wrong?

Make sure your main install folder for LFS DOES NOT have spaces in it. Took me 25 mins of toying around to figure out all i needed to do was take the space out of the install directory. Also if i turn off auto startup the program will return that message back to me...soon as i put it back to 1 all is well.
Thank you very much. Just tried that and it works like a charm
this thing rocks. lifting front inside tire on some turns in my lx6
It also lets you put any tire on anything. rally tired on the f08 are just dumb
very nice motion blur mod once its set up just right im loving it
Slick Mod Server
Are there any servers setup that use the slick mod? Some of the cars are so much fun to drive with diff tyres. MRT Rally - this is a lot of fun. Also FZ5 and RA are great with slicks....Please some body set up a server
I DID NOT make this mod..Kegetys made it. I figured I would post it here to get his great work out. It's a very fun mod.
Hi folks - virgin poster here so be kind !!

When I run the mod and try and change the tyre on the XG GTI to slicks I get disconnected with an "OOS - SET WHL" message (or something similar).

If I run the mod, start the game and play without changing a a setup that just uese road tyres its fine??

I want to run my own server and let this mod work.

Any idea on the error msg?

Thanks,

Neil
OOS = Out Of Sync = Your LFS differs from the server -> you get kicked

The mod works online if you use the tyres that are normally available, whenever you try to change them to something that are unlocked by the mod then a normal server kicks you out. The server has to have the mod running aswell.
Thanks for your quick reply - I run my own server - how can I enable the mod?

(Edited - to say I have the /insim=29999 in my setup.cfg dedicated server config file and stuff like Racemanager and pitspotter all work OK.)
I've never hosted races with the mod, but I'd assume if you use LFS in no graphics mode to host it'd work - just use the mod like you would with singleplayer. If you use the standalone dedi software to host I guess it doesn't work, not sure though.
I like this mod especially to race FXO GTR on rally tracks. It makes you be gentle on throttle. If you are sliding sideways, you have to release throttle, not to floor it - the car won't accelerate ahead, but will continue sliding like on ice (which means that 4wd isn't a jet thrust).
Not working for me
Hi All
Installed mod successfully etc, I can select the slicks etc no problems, in garage if I turn on forces view I get nice looking visual of slicks or rally tyres etc ok, but in game they show as normal road tyres (visually) in game temps show no change from road tyres. track times show no improvement ( testing with AI 100 + laps, cars appear to have no better grip on "slicks" to road tyres.
testing with my own driving can't see any real difference in grip levels

Wondering if the mod actually is working or just allowing a non functional selection? fooling us into thinking we have slicks?

Any comments from the programmer? I'd love to get this sorted.
I run Athlon 3000+ system ati 9600 windows xp pro sp2
It works. And to run a slickmod server simply Host your server as normal, but open slickmod, and then anybody with slickmod installed and open may enter your server. Anybody that doesn't have it will obviously be kicked because their LFS does not match yours. In which case you will get the OOS- wheels message.
This is the best thing ever , thumbs upp :thumbsup3:
I LOVE THIS MOD
That smoke is amazing. This guy is my hero.
The smoke is a bit too dark but still very cool.
Can anyone post a replay of RB4 race on rallycross track? I'd like to watch it with a lot of dust!
You mean movie? If I'm right a replay would show the files on your computer, so you would need to have smokemod and the modded textures installed into your LFS folder. So basically you can just make one yourself. But if you mean a movie, I'de love to....If I was allowed to play =x
This thread is closed

Slickmod by Kegetys
(138 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG