The online racing simulator
Slickmod by Kegetys
(138 posts, closed, started )
Slickmod by Kegetys
Allows using all tire types in all cars in LFS S2 Alpha v0.5P2, most notably the slick tires in roadcars. Requires S2 license to work.

Read the readme file from the arcive for install & use instructions.

Use the left arrow to select all tires, and right arrow for normal car tires.

Fox Rally is a blast.

Get it here:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/lfs/

*note: If you are going to host a Slickmod server online be curtious and make it private. Last time I made a public one I had at least 10 people trying to connect 10 times a peice.
I tried Motion blur test from that site..hehe nice but it's not working with replays..OT.
Quote from kamo2000 :I tried Motion blur test from that site..hehe nice but it's not working with replays..OT.

It works with replay, but you've sometimes got to ALT+TAB to windows and back into the game when it start to flicker. And you've got to turn an overlay (may it be text, the RPM meter, speed or just the FPS counter)
it works for me now, i did something wrong
wow this is pretty cool nice work but i got a question about the pit spoter does it work online? or do the sever have to be running it as well caus i REALLY love the pit spoter and it would be great online caus i always acidently hit ppl lol
i've been trying to get the pit spotter to work; but i just.. cant.. i dont know enough about InSim i guess

but its not as easy as just turning it on
lol its easy to get to work just put the zip in ur lfs folder and right click on it then go extract hear then just doubble click the exe

PS: it works online fine! yay thanx dude who made this
when you select tyres use the left arrow instead of the right
Thanks alot for the slick tire mod you have created xapexcivicx. It's soooo much fun to use the RB4 with slicks. Keep up the great work :up:
Quote from seggons :Thanks alot for the slick tire mod you have created xapexcivicx.

Apex never made it, Kegetys did. Why apex posted it i don't know...

Also found a bug. If you use the XFR, and select the R2 tyres, you can still go online with those tyres selected, they seem like the R2's to me.
Quote from L(Oo)ney :Also found a bug. If you use the XFR, and select the R2 tyres, you can still go online with those tyres selected, they seem like the R2's to me.

Thats because you can use R2's in the XFR even without the mod.
Just watched the video, and the nr2003 pit spotter thing looks really really cool, especially since I can't use mirrors while I'm racing. Hopefully I can get it to work.
Quote from Kegetys :Thats because you can use R2's in the XFR even without the mod.

Hehe. Pay attention L(oO)ney!
..pitspotter is the hardest thing i've ever tried to get to work with LFS :S
uh wow, yeah it is... Can someone tell me how to get this to work?
When I try to run it it just gives me a ton of error messages when im on the track.

Meant to press the edit button :rolleyes:
Quote from WGooden :uh wow, yeah it is... Can someone tell me how to get this to work?

Um...I extracted the files to the root LFS directory (using the folder structure in the ZIP file) and started LFS using LFSspotter.exe...couldn't have been easier!
Just tried it out at Kyoto...it's great!
I get error messages with pit spotter:

Connecting to 127.0.0.1:29999... Connection timeout

And it repeats itself until I close the window. What is wrong?
You are sure you arent forgetting to type /insim=29999 in lfs?
How do i get the motion-blur to work? i just get a black screen and CTD.
Quote from Frankmd :You are sure you arent forgetting to type /insim=29999 in lfs?

You mean starting LFS from command promt? I'm sorry but I'm fairly new to LFS and never heard of insim before.
Quote from Frankmd :You are sure you arent forgetting to type /insim=29999 in lfs?

I get the same message in that dos window, typing /insim=29999 doesnt do anything.
LFS Pit spotter is very cool. I wonder, could it be possible to include other Pit monitored voice alerts? Such as "Fuel Low", Tyre wear, puncture (probably dont need some one to tell you this, but would be fun ) etc?
Quote from WGooden :I get the same message in that dos window, typing /insim=29999 doesnt do anything.

you need to enter it in the chat box that opens when u press 't' in LFS...

not in a dos box...
This thread is closed

Slickmod by Kegetys
(138 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG