The online racing simulator
Race night format
I would request that everyone be on the server 5 or 10 mins before the start of qualifying.

Quali will start at 20.00 BST sharp! We will not wait for anyone.

Qualifying: "Super pole"
Depending on the track we will have only a few drivers on the track at a time.
Order will be starting with the championship leader and working down.
They will be sent off with 6 second intervals.
Everyone else will have to spectate.
You get 1 lap out of the pits, when you cross over the start/finish line for the 1st time you will start your one and only qualifying lap.
After your lap is over you must spectate again.
Then we will run off the remaining drivers in the same format.

When everyone is finished we will end the race and i will order the grid manually.

Race 1:
This race will be approx. 15 mins in duration. Please check the calendar for the number of laps per race.
The grid will be ordered as per the "Super pole" qualification times.
There will be a lag lap.

After the 1st race we will end race and take a short break.
Then we will order the grid for Race 2.

Race 2:
This race will be approx. 30 mins. It will be run in the order of the results of Race 1.
There will be a lag lap.
Cool format like the super pole
Nope Look at dates
/noob question

What exactly is a lag lap and whats the proceedure? Im sure its self-explanatory, but best to know in advance!
Basically it's a fake race start. We all start as normal then after about 10 - 15 seconds the race restarts.
It's to give all the textures a chance to load.
Niki, just wanted to suggest, shouldn't the driving order be reversed and not starting with championship leader? I mean, that should be an advantage of a championship leader to see the times of the other drivers. Just a thought.
Move all discussions to the sign up thread or Niki could you make a subform about "race or pre-race discussion"
Quote from Leprekaun :Niki, just wanted to suggest, shouldn't the driving order be reversed and not starting with championship leader? I mean, that should be an advantage of a championship leader to see the times of the other drivers. Just a thought.

I don't want to give the championship leader any advantage.
Niki, just a thought.......

Have you given much thought to the amount of time super pole is going to take? I reckon it's going to take at least 30-40mins just to do the super pole.

Not that I don't like super pole, I do, it's just sometimes a bit of a PITA sitting there waiting for 30mins for it to finish is all.......
Well, Niki said he would release a few cars on the track at the same time. So lets say, 3 cars run each time on the track so thats 1:39 for the outlap and say set an avg. hotlap of 1:34s-1:35s and we'll say that there is a 10 second interval between each driver being released so thats about 4:10 (I think ) for the cars to do their outlap and hotlap then that x10 so thats 41:40 total time. Well, thats not bad but if perhaps you could go for a 5 second interval Niki, might be better because according to that, it'll take only 30:08 so thats 11:32 minutes less. I think that perhaps the best way to save time would be to go for a 20 minute session with everyone running on the track when we can? I'm sure there will be some traffic, no doubt about that but everyone should be able to get I'd say at least 3-5 clean laps.

Sorry for the whole mathematical madness , I just got a bit excited . Those times are ofcourse based on estimates but I'd say give or take a few minutes, thats quite close .

Thank you for reading,

Dr. Leprekaun
So my 30-40mins guesstimate was around about right then

Regardless, it's still 30-40mins of sitting around
Quote from danowat :So my 30-40mins guesstimate was around about right then

Yep, I was just showing off
It's a 1:35 lap approx.
That equals 95 seconds, if i let the cars go with a 6 second gap we could fit 15 cars on the track. For safety sake i will limit that to maybe 10.
But because 10 doesn't divide into 32 very well i will put 8 cars on the track at once.
4 groups of 8. so 8 cars with 10 second intervals should be plenty.
4 minutes per group to do 2 laps should be plenty.
So lets say about 16 mins in total when you factor in people leaving and joining the track.
I don't think that will be too bad considering you'll be involved in 4 minutes of that. Only 12 mins for you to sit around, have a up of tea, some food, whatever

The only thing i might do is not allow people to weave to warm their tyres, other wise the out-lap might take all day!
I will make a decision on that over the weekend and it will be PM'd to everyone, along with other details.
I have plenty time 32 cars racing right,well that would be two 10 groups and a 12 so don't think it should take to long bahhhhh I'm talking shi*e again
10 or 12 cars would be too much to have on the track at once.
If we shall use this amout of time, its gonne be late before all the racing is done.. It would be nice, if you could start at 7 instead, and then us from GMT +2 would be starting at 8..

But if that dosent work, ill have to live whit it
Quote from N!sse :If we shall use this amout of time, its gonne be late before all the racing is done.. It would be nice, if you could start at 7 instead, and then us from GMT +2 would be starting at 8..

But if that dosent work, ill have to live whit it

Did you read my post? Qualy shouldn't take any longer than 15 mins.
Most leagues you enter the qualifying session takes about 15 or 20 mins.
I cant change the time i'm afraid.

Qual = 15 mins
Race 1 = 15 mins
Race 2 = 15 mins
You'd need to allow about 15 mins for between races and stuff, so the total duration is about 1 hour 15 mins.
Quote from nikimere :Did you read my post? Qualy shouldn't take any longer than 15 mins.
Most leagues you enter the qualifying session takes about 15 or 20 mins.
I cant change the time i'm afraid.

Qual = 15 mins
Race 1 = 15 mins
Race 2 = 15 mins
You'd need to allow about 15 mins for between races and stuff, so the total duration is about 1 hour 15 mins.

Not fully then.. Sorry :/
ill be lucky to break 1:40 let alone hit 1:34-35 :dunce:
My pb is 1:37 but im a wheel noob atm
Quote from niall09 :My pb is 1:37 but im a wheel noob atm

im the ultimate noob ( when nikos not in the room )
1st round tonight, cant wait!!
Won't be there
I will be.

I'll try not to faint.

Screw the doctors, screw the diabetes. I'm racing

DK
I have diabetes, never stopped me racing, or doing anything infact......

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG