The online racing simulator
Wierd mental effects from lfs
(20 posts, started )
#1 - Venus
Hi,

Ever since patch X came out, I've been having wierd mental effects from the game. It makes me feel very woosy/dizzy and difficult to focus. So I thought I'd ask n see if anyone else is experiencing this?

I doubt its the game, but thought I'd check lol...

Ven
#2 - Slopi
Doesn't happen to me. You might want to go to a Dr.
Maybe you have been playing more due to a new patch?
#4 - steve
Are your sure your not smoking bad reefer?
I do notice more horizontal movement (very minor) on loading screens.
I have different effects, after playing LFS I get a headache
#7 - steve
Are you guys running CRT monitors in like 60hz maybe? I cant even stand 60hz LCD flicker, ewwww just kills my eyes.
Quote from steve :Are you guys running CRT monitors in like 60hz maybe? I cant even stand 60hz LCD flicker, ewwww just kills my eyes.

LCD's don't flicker...just thought you should know.
As far as X and headaches..YES. I have started getting some headaches from X and I think I know why.
If you play patch W or even V and then fire up X, you'll notice X being much more choppy and "laggy" or whatever you want to call it.

I first thought it was just me playing too much but it seems more people have noticed this.
I get headaches from extended play, yet I could play the earlier versions for hours on end without problems.

Try lowering screen brightness.
I have 60hz with my 15fps PC ahhahaha
#11 - Gunn
I haven't noticed any weird mental effects since patch X..... and neither has my invisible friend Carl.
*cough*subliminal messages*cough*

Do you guys find that you've purchased strange items since X came out, such as LFS T-shirts or hi-res skin downloads for example? lol

Gunn say hi to Carl for me!
I had a choppy framerate after patch X too, so I downloaded and unlocked a fresh version of the game and the issue went away.
I got very tire a few times after playing - then I realised my car was bottoming out all the time and creating supervibrations of the car on the screen, which lead to me getting tired.
Quote from steve :60hz LCD's do

Think your getting confused with LCD response rates :] LCD's don't flicker, screen drag from poor response rates (older LCD's with 20ms response etc) will cause a flicker like movement on the screen. The higher refresh rate helps a lot with the response timings. I've got a 12ms LCD and never noticed a flicker @ 60hz :] Got to say, had an old LCD, and the screen drag at 60hz then...tis the one way to feel like having your head down the pan! Gave it to my bro and stuck my CRT back on till i got this monitor

And yeah i had to come off earlier was making me feel violently sick! Used to only get that with some of the old megadrive games lol
Quote from Venus :Ever since patch X came out, I've been having wierd mental effects from the game. It makes me feel very woosy/dizzy and difficult to focus. So I thought I'd ask n see if anyone else is experiencing this?

This sounds very much like motion sickness. I hardly ever suffer from it, but once I got most of the way through a film at the cinema before working out that's what it was.

Next time it happens, try stopping and looking away from the screen for a minute or two to see if it goes away. If it does, it's probably just motion sickness.

Do you play in the dark? It's winter time over in Oz isn't it? Try having more background lighting. You could also try sitting further from the screen, taking a break more often, getting more sleep/not playing while tired. Even changing the brightness setting on your monitor might help. Experiment with a few things and see what helps.
Yeh its wierd. I had no problems from about a week ago. Now, I can't stand more than one 8 lap race. I'm sure its from all the distance stuff flickering n bouncing around. Motion sickness? Hmm might be; though I've never suffered from that in my life, either in learning to fly, or sail or bikes or cars. But it does sound like it. I did mess with the refresh rate but it didn't help. I have an old 17 inch crt . I didn't realise there is a difference in LCD's aside from quality of image. Have to keep that in mind when I get one.

As for bad reefers lol... don't think the problems there lol. Might have been long time ago. lol

Looking away does help. It only happens in LFS. Not in any other game, but I also noticed it today while watching the Tour de France. When the camera was moving all over the place on the back of the bike; I had to look away. Sounds like motion sickness to me too. lol Gnats. Have to have a natter to my doctor. I will not go without lfs. lol

Thanks guys.

Ven
i do,
less fps, makes me concentrate more, makes my head hurt, and bad sight
Quote from Venus :Yeh its wierd. I had no problems from about a week ago. Now, I can't stand more than one 8 lap race. I'm sure its from all the distance stuff flickering n bouncing around. Motion sickness? Hmm might be; though I've never suffered from that in my life, either in learning to fly, or sail or bikes or cars. But it does sound like it. I did mess with the refresh rate but it didn't help. I have an old 17 inch crt . I didn't realise there is a difference in LCD's aside from quality of image. Have to keep that in mind when I get one.

As for bad reefers lol... don't think the problems there lol. Might have been long time ago. lol

Looking away does help. It only happens in LFS. Not in any other game, but I also noticed it today while watching the Tour de France. When the camera was moving all over the place on the back of the bike; I had to look away. Sounds like motion sickness to me too. lol Gnats. Have to have a natter to my doctor. I will not go without lfs. lol

Thanks guys.

Ven

1 thing i remember from school, every hour u should do some exercises
like, looking at things that have different distances, like, screen, far wall, mid far wall or so, could help for your eyes

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG