The online racing simulator

Poll : How Should We Qualify?

Closed since :
30 minutes FREE - FOR - ALL Qualifying
Single Lap Qualifying, 1 Chance, 1 Lap each.
Congratulations Quicksilver, Michel, and Dadge!

What a race!

I made a clean ish start from 10th and was doing well (6th) when I forgot to brake going into T1 on lap 2 or (sorry if I scared/injured anyone!) that put me down into 18th and with a heavy fuel load not on my side. I did a fair amount of passing (and let QS through :razz and was up to 3rd by lap 47. A quick pitstop for fuel (and minor repairs ), and I'm back down to 7th. With a good car under me, and a light fuel load, I was up for a bit of Pb action (and my first 24)and had started catching ATC's The End. Try as I might I couldn't find a way past him,that was the closest finish I've had in a GP!

See Pic below for results
Attached images
ATC60BL8707.jpg
Quote from Michel 4AGE :I was first loser with xrt, Quicksilver won with fxo. Dadge got 3rd with RB4.

Oooh, boring. The usual winner again. Grats.

Thx for the results, Afro. You could have waited until gag's horse comment disappeared, though.
anyone got's seb replay please. i missed out
Fun race guys at least the first half of it was for me :P
Had a nice race going on with Serpentine for most of the first 30 laps.
Almost managed to take TheAfro out as I exited the pit, sorry Afro, thought I'd timed it to come out behind the pack, got a shock as I started to accelerate and then saw ou alongside. Backed off and fortunately you were able to just keep on going and we avoided each other.
After that, made a mistake and spun, no real damage, but then got involved in someone else's accident a few laps later and had to pit again
Race was pretty much over at that point, ended up just running around on my own, trying to stay out of the way of the leaders until the end.
Quote from need :
Had a nice race going on with Serpentine for most of the first 30 laps.

Yeah, that was great fun while it lasted!

Thanks ATC for organising yet another excellent event.
Quote from LFSn00b :Just great. Quicksilver blocked me when i was going to pits and spun in front of Stoney(sorry mate), then when i got pitted - Drive-Through and flipped on chicane. Worst. Race. Ever.

Strange incident tho Niko.. You seemed to go over to the pits very late,, Quicksilver was already there. Granted you had nowhere to go, but a bit more forward planning and track awareness for you.

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Great racing by everyone, especially stoney. I can never pass that guy without swapping places for about 5 laps, it was great fun.

Thanks for the compliment Quicksilver, you know how much I love racing with you. And its always clean, I never have to think about it. I must say, those laps we raced together, were the best of the gp for me.

This was my best ever ATC GP. I finished!! Yay! Only 1-2 laps down. In 12th after a puncture on lap 55. However, really really enjoyed that one.

And an FXO won.. sweeeeeet. Love that car too.

EDIT: Oh and as for Faster... Dude.. you lost it in a straight line. Franky on one side, myself on the other, you managed to hit us both.. and take out franky. Now either its just bad driving, or its taking the piss slightly.. Personally, I think its the latter.
Total balls up. Accidentally left message block on so no idea if any warning given about the start - been told none. I expected the usual start procedure i.e. end race, called to join in order but didn't happen. Race started, had quallied 5th but started last (or there abouts). Didn't drive hard expecting restart but didn't happen for reasons unknown. I know only a fun race but why not just do away with quali and have random start if this sort of thing happening does not result in a restart?

Got to watch some great racing especially between Stoney and QS for a few laps and congrats to QS for the win after coming from the back. Me I parked it on lap 2 or 3. It took a PB to quali where I did and after dropping about 20 grid slots at the start, simply couldn't be arsed.
OK sorry for my missed up race sorry for puting you on the gras.

Stone and franky am sorry to we kind of got to close i thought of braking but it would of caused i pile up and did u vote me out of something i lost connection.
the reason we didn't go to the lobby is because it would of meant a lag lap and getting everyone to join in the correct order. because everyone was already on track, a standard race start is all that was required. also the race was not started manually, it was done via vote, and the last time i checked, you can still see the votes with messages blocked.
Quote from faster111 :OK sorry for my missed up race sorry for puting you on the gras.

Stone and franky am sorry to we kind of got to close i thought of braking but it would of caused i pile up and did u vote me out of something i lost connection.

no worries about tapping me, but if you see the replay you will see that it looks a bit suspicious. i was in your slip and i moved to your left to make the pass, only to find you following me and forcing me on the grass. tbh faster, you were kicked for wreckless driving. you should never of put yourself in a position where two lapping cars had to go either side of you. the trick about getting lapped is for the lapper to do all the work and the lapee stays on the same course. with the stoney and franky incodent, you should of just lifted your throttle bt 10% or so, this would of dumped your turbo and the two drivers would of passed you quite quickly.
ok dam i need to go to a lfs driving school
Just to note for the start of the race,

1.) we have never gone back to lobby and done things like that... bit of a pointless system.

2.) I asked if everybody was ready and to vote to restart if that was the case soon after. Therefore there was warning... It was 2 minutes past the time stated for the race start.

There was no reason to restart the race. the start was said and asked for. I assumed everybody was on track... Additionally to this. 2 extra points.

1.) I did not know about the problem with grid until after the first lap.
2.) It would have been pointless as the order would have stayed the same. so it would have been more like a lag lap. (which was not needed). I assumed everybody knew this in the ATC GP's . In future i will add it to the signup thread.

my race was good apart from when being taken out by Faster.. That ruined my race totally . Also had a mixup at T1 with a couple of people. but was not too bad. had to deal with damage till pitstop, ended up pitting twice.

Next race possibly in 2 - 3 weeks.
Can we have a track vote please?

same class though!
surely you should know by now that franky doesn't take votes onboard lol. if he did we would of been racing @ aston north instead of Blackwood. tbh, thos laps times were spot on for a gp. so me finx that with a bit of homework we can make up a list of possible combos.
south city long in the GTR's is a similar time. so is lx4s @ fernbay gold.
Quote from faster111 :

It should have never happened. As dadge said, faster, choose a line and stick to it. You made contact with franky, then bounced into me, then back into franky, thus taking out franky.

Quote from franky500 :Just to note for the start of the race,

1.) we have never gone back to lobby and done things like that... bit of a pointless system.

Disagree. Pointless perhaps for this event, however different people will have different methods, and therefore different ways or reasons for doing what they feel is best. There are advantages and disadvantages of both methods.

Why would that have happened then? Is it to do with drivers not being on the track when a restart is called.. as if the start is set to fixed, would the grid not set itself to the qualifying order, and if the drivers are not on the track at the restart, would lfs not leave that grid position open so the drivers can join in the time it takes for lfs to start the lights sequence.. (read that paragraph twice if confuzzled, it does make sense).. thats what I always thought happened.

Quote from Theafro :Can we have a track vote please?

same class though!

Are you mad... totally.. I dont think I wish to see a TBO for a good while.. ! Great racing most of the way around tho.

/exits soapbox.
Perhaps include in the PM next time to be fully ready and on track for a race restart. It didn't really bother me that much, I always get caught out when that happens because I have a habit of joining after votes on public servers so I get to race from the back.

I didn't see the post where Niko says I blocked him, so I will make a comment about that. I was racing hard against stoney, I got a great run out of the last right turn and Niko was slow and in the middle of the track. So I went to pass him on the left since stoney was to my right, then last minute Niko decided he wanted to pit. Niko you actually tried to push me into the pits, you should have realised what was going on and carried on and pitted on the next lap. It didn't even annoy me, I was laughing at the stupidity of it more than anything. I was laughing anyway at my pathetic attempts to pass Stoney that he just shrugged off and passed me back each time, if he hadnt made a mistake I would of been stuck behind him the whole race
Ooh Aston north!

I don't mind using this class, It's nice to get back to road tyres for a bit. and some sideways fun!
Quote from mkinnov8 :

Why would that have happened then? Is it to do with drivers not being on the track when a restart is called.. as if the start is set to fixed, would the grid not set itself to the qualifying order, and if the drivers are not on the track at the restart, would lfs not leave that grid position open so the drivers can join in the time it takes for lfs to start the lights sequence.. (read that paragraph twice if confuzzled, it does make sense).. thats what I always thought happened.

Yes. thats how LFS Works,

If they are in spectate. they are ignored and once the restart vote has been counted down the grid is locked to that. and any race restarts (unless set to random) will result in the same grid as what left the start lights.

Im not certain if it recognises those in the pits or not. I think it does.
When NikoGate hit.. I thought it was all over Quicksilver... but we went on for another nice battle.. it seems its becoming a habit, a good one tho. The ending was pre-determand in the FXO for me, but, the racing is so good, it doesnt matter.
i'll tell you what lads (and franky) it would be a tough call for the "battle of the GP". stoney and qs' battle was unreal and then we have ATC The End v Theafro's epic battle during the closing laps. both were stunning and a joy to watch over again.
Enjoyed the race and am looking forward to the next one. Second GP for me and the first that I finished...last one I ended up on my roof. Great turnout this time as well which made it a lot of fun. Shame about the race start, I was looking forward to a battle with my teammate Skinny. Appreciate the effort to organize the event. Gag, good racing, wish I could have caught up to you to scrap a bit, but, maybe next time!
Quote from zeugnimod :Thx for the results, Afro. You could have waited until gag's horse comment disappeared, though.

Even though we actually never race side by side it was still good Brad, was always looking at the sector times to see where you were. I had a good 15-20 laps to start then it was either tyres or me loosing my consideration but I dropped off some time then with 10 or so laps to my pit the tyres got thinner (which scared me and I pitted a few laps early) and cooler so I sped up again and then the same again after my pit.

Looking at the replay it was a really good, clean race..at the front anyway..with only a few problems which have already been discussed.

Like Dadge I think the lap time was perfect for a 60 lapper (I'd like people to remember that if we get a track vote and check the lap times). Would also like to go with the class up from these, the RAC, LX6 and the FZ5 but with some ballast/air restriction added to even things out, but this is for another thread or even better it's just decided and not put to a public vote
Did anyone get the replay? I'd like to view this "epic" battle I had with qs
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG