Horrible AI? + other questions
(11 posts, started )
#1 - dahle
Read the sticky "I got banned - what to do?", about not crashing into opponents.

Therefore i find it very strange how AI cars doesn't care about this. At each corner, i drive carefully, trying not to hit other cars, but other AI cars doesn't care, I may get hit both two and three times when there's this "fish steam" in the beginning. Also, it's kinda frustrating looking in the mirror, watching a car comes behind you and bump into your back (happens very often), making you lose control and skid out of the road, missing any respectable score.

Also I find the opponents kind of hard, even at Newbie I'm one the last into the goal, pehaps because I consider safe driving and not destroying my tyres more important, instead of winning. But then I'm also a newbie at this.

I have no interests in setting up a car, and wondered if there is a way to load a setup for each car, for each track. I really have no clue about how a car is built, all I want to do is drive.

What's the difference between the three options hardtrack, rallycross and race? Is it just three different ways to race a track? Cause if I choose a rallycross setup, the other ai cars doesn't get the same setup.

Many questions. Sorry my bad English.
#2 - _rod_
Hey, well A.I are know issue, and its been fixed. For now unfortunally you just have to leave with it.

As for the Setups, yes you can have as many setups as you want, for each and track, all you have to do is save them in the root folder of LFS in the folder named settings

Have a look under the setup section of the forum and on here

As for the 3 diferent startd settings, well they are just something to help you get started, allthought the race_s is quite a good general setting for racing.

hope i helped
The AI dont care about wrecking because they are an elite band of monkeys who cannot be banned, thus take advantage of this by wrecking normal people

Quote :What's the difference between the three options hardtrack, rallycross and race? Is it just three different ways to race a track?

Hard track - Tarmac set
Rallycross - rallycross set
Race_S - Correct me if I am wrong but I assume its an easier to control race set
The AI in the game is incomplete, that's why LFS is called S2 Alpha and tells you it's not finished when you install it.
#5 - dahle
Quote from _rod_ :

As for the Setups, yes you can have as many setups as you want, for each and track, all you have to do is save them in the root folder of LFS in the folder named settings

Have a look under the setup section of the forum and on here

hope i helped

How do I know which setup belongs to which track? I choosed first to download all setups, but in the game, during car selection, I can't find any information about which tracks the setup is made for. There isn't any ultimate setup for each car?
#6 - garph
Quote from dahle :How do I know which setup belongs to which track? I choosed first to download all setups, but in the game, during car selection, I can't find any information about which tracks the setup is made for. There isn't any ultimate setup for each car?

They have a number, BL1, for example is Blackwood. AS2 is Aston Club, you get the idea.

When you select a track just remember where is is in the list, top down 1,2, 3....etc
Sorry, I do not remember the name for all tracks, but they are shortned words.
Like for example, BlackWood is BL1, Blackwood Reverse is BL1R (I think), rallycross is BL2.

And the same goes for Fern Bay, all tracks are shortened with Fe (and the number, Aston tracks are with AS(..) and poor westhill that only is WE
#8 - dahle
What does the letters X, F, G and numbers stand for? They are placed over the setups in columns... *sigh, so many setups for each track, how do I know which one is best?
#9 - garph
Quote from dahle :What does the letters X, F, G and numbers stand for? They are placed over the setups in columns... *sigh, so many setups for each track, how do I know which one is best?

The letter stands for the type of car XFG is the...XF GTI.

The higher the number on the set the more recent/better it is. So to use the most current set for that track use the one with the highest number.
thanks. I wondered about renaming the files so they included full track and car name, but maybe the short names just are things one have to get used to.

Some of the setups just include car name and drift or drag, no track name, which means they can be used on any track?

I don't know the difference between drift and drag
Those are probably just specialized setups for drag-racing (straight line acceleration) or drifting (sliding all over the place), and probably won't be ideal for actual racing.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG