The online racing simulator
Laptimes in practice mode
(7 posts, started )
#1 - nikka
Hei hopp!

Usualy when my team is practicing for some event, we like to do it in qual-mode, cause then it's easier to keep track of each others best lap.
BUT. Maximum qual time is 60 minutes, and that is sometimes not enough. So my wish would be to either:
  • show the best lap time of each driver when in practice mode (just like in qual)
or:
  • have "unlimited" (or at least much longer than an hour) qualification length.
The former makes most sense, the latter is easier for Mr. Roberts to implement i guess. But either work.

Thanks!
Why not just set the server to practice mode? :S

I'm against this. Usually qualifying only lasts an hour.

DK
because in practice you cant see the fast times on a nice neat table like in quali
#4 - nikka
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Why not just set the server to practice mode? :S

I'm really glad you took time to read, and understand, my post before replying...

Quote from DieKolkrabe : I'm against this. Usually qualifying only lasts an hour.

So just because it's a feature YOU don't need, you're against it? It wouldn't hurt, would it?

Edit: WOOOW! a bit of pre-weekend-grumpyness there, Nikka? Go home, have a beer and relax in the sun!
(but i wont edit my reply cause I still think your post was rather stupid)
I'm not against it because I don't need it. Just because I don't feel it'd add anything to LFS. And also because unlimited qualifying is unrealistic and stupid. How many series do you know where the drivers get to qualify as long as they want?

And AFAIK, the practice mode does show you the times.

EDIT: My reply wasn't stupid.

EDIT 2: I was against the unlimited quali, not the showing of times.

DK
#6 - Gunn
+1 for this. It would add motivation to practice mode for online servers. Gives people a goal to go for and encourages online activity.
As far as I'm concerned, practice mode SHOULD display the best lap times of each driver. Or else why would you practice? If you wanna race you can easily race instead of practice.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG