The online racing simulator
yeah after many laps you learn to anticipate the car's reactions. in real life you would feel it through g-forces but you cant sitting in a chair. if you look at onboard video you will see GT500 drivers countersteering very quickly when the car shows very little movement because they can feel the weight of the car shifting. Or maybe you've seen schumacher's maniac steering?:eclipsee_
I agree with Hallen, there are times correcting a slide when the ff is much too strong, it should go very light.
Whether or not people are drift kings is irrelevant to the point that the ff is wrong...
i think the ff is spot on almost all of the time (except the whole bunch of wheel oscillation bugs) all of the problems youre experiencing (including the bugs) are most probably a result of latency in the whole physics-game-drivers-wheel chain so maybe turining down minimum sleep a bit might help a little
so if im judging the situation right the errors are systematic and there really isnt much of anything that could be done to improve ff

oh and hallen have you got damping in the driver settings set to 0 ? maybe the wheel just tries to slow down your fast steering when it shouldnt
I've got all the spring and damper settings at 0, but it seems fairly clear that ff is not entirely correct. Wheel oscillations obviously, but you can also wiggle the wheel back and forth when stopped, then put the brake on and try it, for another example...
anyone who owns a DFP... You should have Richard Burns Rally installed on you PC by any means nessessary.

new ford focus 01 and 03 have just been released.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
DFP settings:

Overall Effect Strength: 100%
Spring Effect Strength: 0%
Damper Effect Strength: 0%
Enable Centering Spring = OFF
Report Combined Pedals = OFF
Degrees of Rotation = always matches with car i'm driving

In LFS
Wheel turn: always matches with car i'm driving
Wheel turn compensation: 0.00
Force Strength: 100%
Quote from Blowtus :I've got all the spring and damper settings at 0, but it seems fairly clear that ff is not entirely correct. Wheel oscillations obviously, but you can also wiggle the wheel back and forth when stopped, then put the brake on and try it, for another example...

Personally I wouldn't set spring and damper to 0%, people will tell you they add effects to LFS but I don't believe this is the case. Try the defaults and turn down the strength in LFS.
had defaults and variations for a long time, only recently saw a post from Scawen suggesting 0%, find it better.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :DFP settings:

Overall Effect Strength: 100%
Spring Effect Strength: 0%
Damper Effect Strength: 0%
Enable Centering Spring = OFF
Report Combined Pedals = OFF
Degrees of Rotation = always matches with car i'm driving

In LFS
Wheel turn: always matches with car i'm driving
Wheel turn compensation: 0.00
Force Strength: 100%

Those are no doubt the best settings. Only set the overall strength to suit your liking.
Quote from Blowtus :had defaults and variations for a long time, only recently saw a post from Scawen suggesting 0%, find it better.

I've also seen a later quote saying he may be mistaken but whatever works best for you.
While we've got DFP users talking can I ask a quick question:? The paddle shift buttons on the back of the wheel: Are they clicky, hinged-type buttons - can you feel when you've shifted?

I think I might be buying one at the end of next week.
#37 - JJ72
The button is quite a let down actually, I think it's about the same thing on the GT force - not clicky, not hinged type but just "soft plastics".
i need to know what software i need to make this wheel work with LFS on my PC!
Quote from Blowtus :I agree with Hallen, there are times correcting a slide when the ff is much too strong, it should go very light.
Whether or not people are drift kings is irrelevant to the point that the ff is wrong...

Now, with my old wheel, a thrustmaster, catching a slide was very easy for this reason. The steering would go light and allow you to easily feel where the wheels should be pointing to take you out of the slide.

However, with my MOMO, this isnt the case. I feel as though i have to fight the FF too much to correct as well.

anyway, ive tweaked my settings. will see what happens.
I had a MSFF wheel some time back, it had the same problem, the FF got very tense.. so.... i turned it off!
Hm, I tried my new DFP with LFS_2_Q yesterday. Unfortunatly the wheel is always locked in the "normal" 180° Position, no matter what value I enter for the "wheel turn". Also, there is no force feedback at all. Do I have to install some driver for the wheel to work correctly or should it just work, if i plug it into the USB port?

Kind regards, Hans
Quote from Haentz :Hm, I tried my new DFP with LFS_2_Q yesterday. Unfortunatly the wheel is always locked in the "normal" 180° Position, no matter what value I enter for the "wheel turn". Also, there is no force feedback at all. Do I have to install some driver for the wheel to work correctly or should it just work, if i plug it into the USB port?

Kind regards, Hans

To get the wheel out of 180 degrees mode you have to hold down Select, R3 and click the Shift Up button.
You also need to download the latest drivers from: http://www.wingmanteam.com/lat ... ftware/latest_soft_xp.htm
Quote from nikimere :To get the wheel out of 180 degrees mode you have to hold down Select, R3 and click the Shift Up button.
You also need to download the latest drivers from: http://www.wingmanteam.com/lat ... ftware/latest_soft_xp.htm

Thanks for your quick response! :t That solved my problems.

Kind regards, Hans
I just got a DFP and I downloaded the drivers but in the profiler I can't set it to 720 degrees, i can only get it to 718 or 721, does this matter? (guessing not but just thought i better ask)
you can use ur mousewhee to make it go up or down in increments of 1.
Quote from Gabkicks :you can use ur mousewhee to make it go up or down in increments of 1.

I did it by pressing the arrow keys on the keyboard in combination with SHIFT. Can't remember what increment it applied, but the first press went to 720 so I left it there!
Ok, thanks
Noob question. Is there any way you can bind the paddle shifters and the gear stick at the same time? Cos some cars I prefer to use the stick and other cars the shifter buttons, and it would be nice not to have to keep re-binding the buttons all the time.
If you use the Profiler software: assign the corresponding keystrokes to the shifter ('S' and 'X' I think), you can have as many buttons as you want sending the same key.
^thats cool i gotta try that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG