The online racing simulator
I think this was a set-up to take the heat off of someone, or to distract from an upcoming operation.

Look at al-Quedas past efforts. They're well-trained and well-organised. They might be completely insane, but they know what they're doing. To fail so abysmally and so publicly seems a little too handy.
And now that they have people detained and all eyes are on them and Glasgow, who has managed to sneak by security elsewhere while the focus was off?

Just seems a little too easy to me.
Quote from Dajmin :I think this was a set-up to take the heat off of someone, or to distract from an upcoming operation.

Look at al-Quedas past efforts. They're well-trained and well-organised. They might be completely insane, but they know what they're doing. To fail so abysmally and so publicly seems a little too handy.
And now that they have people detained and all eyes are on them and Glasgow, who has managed to sneak by security elsewhere while the focus was off?

Just seems a little too easy to me.

Hmmm....yes, would be possible. As I said earlier, it seems to amateurish. How hard can it be, anyone with some sense could pull off a better bombings than these. But you could think that making a big hit after your enemy wakes up isn't any easier but harder than starting with a big hit. But if they were really sneaky they had something else going on at the same time. Who knows.
That's a little paranoic isn't it? I mean an attack anywhere will trigger alarm bells everywhere, so if you're planning something you'd want the hysteria/security at minimum levels? Unless they're planning to bomb the icebergs in the Atlantic and flood the lot of us? That would come as a bit of a surprise. Although you can't say I didn't warn you now... :hide:

Actually, I think I've just worked out whose behind this latest terrorist plot... watch! :shhh:
Oh noes! Not the crab people! Anything but the crab people. We are doomed, every single one of us. Doomed!
Wait, but isn't Scotland known for those kind of territory wars..? Or am I thinking Ireland?

Bah, either way, terrorism is just stupid. Makes you wonder what happened to common sense.

By the way they raised their terror threat to Cr!t!cal.

Convenient

AND NOT THE CRAP PEOPLE. ANYTHING BUT THAT!

Yeah, it is a tad paranoiac, but it's better than being attacked.
#56 - wien
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :Yeah, it is a tad paranoiac, but it's better than being attacked.

But is it though? The whole point of terrorism is to spread fear. By getting all paranoid people are giving them exactly what they want. You're more likely to check out due to influenza than a terrorist attack so it's really not something people should run around thinking about all the time.
Quote from wien :But is it though? The whole point of terrorism is to spread fear. By getting all paranoid people are giving them exactly what they want.

Technically this is true, even a bit more than you may think, maybe. Terrorism in the long run has the effect of shifting political opinions away from the center, consolidating a growing number of extremists. A prolonged state of tension ultimately leads to more power to less people. In this respect, terrorism is useful for all people in power, not only for terrorists. That's a normal effect of political paranoia after all.
Quote from wien :But is it though? The whole point of terrorism is to spread fear. By getting all paranoid people are giving them exactly what they want. You're more likely to check out due to influenza than a terrorist attack so it's really not something people should run around thinking about all the time.

But that's why politicians create this propaganda. Because through fear, politicians can get anyone to do anything.

And sure, terrorist attacks are not as prevalent as illnesses. But does that mean we should not take precautions first?

Better to prevent something before it starts, right?
Quote from Electrik Kar :That's what I'd might call reverse racism, but whatever. I'm sure you're just being sarcastic?

Ooh, icky horrible subject. I'm going now.

Watch an episode of South Park called "Cartman's Silly Race Crime", it is taken from that as they were basically saying you cannot hate someone of a different race or it is racist, so you can't just hate someone because they are a cock regardless of race.
Quote from sidi :You are correct on both counts it happens every weekend when the pubs close.

Hahah! Nice

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Watch an episode of South Park called "Cartman's Silly Race Crime", it is taken from that as they were basically saying you cannot hate someone of a different race or it is racist, so you can't just hate someone because they are a cock regardless of race.

But I really don't care if they are from one place or another, if they are an ass, they are an ass.
I've probably seen that episode (I love Southpark).

The creators make a lot of good points always, but I remember watching an early episode the other day, and it was about the woman with the fetus on her head, and how everyone was making a big deal about her (in a positive way) and making her special, and at the end of the episode she told them all to get lost because once again she'd been singled out and made a target of, although this time people were trying to help. So, transposing the message... while anyone of a different race to your own would probably not really want to be the target of your hate, they don't necessarily want to be treated any differently either, in a positive or negative way, simply because they're of a different race.

I think if you hate someone because they're racially different from you, I would say that's racist. Because it includes a whole group of people. If you hate someone because they did something to you personally (like purposely smash all the windows of your house), and he/she happens to be racially different from you, you could probably be forgiven for thinking ill of that person. You might be called racist, but that's probably not the right word I think. You're more simply just hateful of that person. You could hate (strong word) that person before you ever saw them, so if they turned out to be black/white/whatever, does that automatically make you racist? I hope that's not the case.

Well, people do actually blame whole groups of other people for things that they feel are done to them personally, so I guess that's where racism and terrorism come in. It's a bit slippery. It starts to become 'Well, I'm not racist, but...' People start to feel that it's a personal attack that somebody else is speaking a different language around them, or building strange churches or mosques or whatever. Which is a joke. Because that person has failed to take in that life is bigger than their own ideas of what people should be like, and how they should behave.

I don't remember that episode, so I can't really give a proper response, but that's my morning, before first coffee response. I just see it as a problem of language, and the strange and distorted (historical) connections that the language evokes.
I read today that one of the terrorists is in hospital eating haggis, drinking whisky and reading poetry. He's in the Burns unit.
Hahaha! That's terrible.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG