The online racing simulator
passed my drivin test
(83 posts, started )
Quote from JTbo :
I drive mostly less than 10kph over limit as I like to travel relaxed and my opinion is that everyone should drive only at limit speed to show goverment how silly our speed limits are, everything would stop working then and it would be big expense too.

Hmm...well, as you know as an experienced driver, every ass drives 10 km/h faster than their speedometer because they think it's ok as you you get away with it. I'm an ass too. But the statement that driving on the exact speed limits would bring everything to halt is plain ridiculous. On the long run, sure you win some time moving place to place a tad faster but you got to remember that this country is run on big heavy truck wheels (yes, Volvo trucks included).

I for hell wouldn't let them drive any faster as they are already pushing against their limiters on every given chance. Someone might say that speed limits have no use. Well, they also say (laws of physics) that increasing your speed with 1/4 will double the braking distance. Point being that if it takes a long time stop a truck, it takes even longer to stop faster traveling truck. And as they are a bit on the fat size, I really rather not get hit by them. Of course, you could say that let's let passenger cars drive faster! Well, then there would be even more stupid overtakes because the trucks would get on your way even more! Not to mention, our roads are pretty retarded, especially with the grooves you get from studded tires which gather the water pretty well.

But you had a great point about the speeds in towns. It's pretty common for people do around 55-60 on 40 zone with the flow. Sometimes you can't even notice it. I'm really surprised the idiotic speed camera infection hasn't spread to towns as more speed can be far more dangerous there than on the normal roads, well, not for the driver but for pederestians. Few meters can save lives. Talking of speed cameras, they don't seem to work really well around here. The cameras do of course, but almost too well as the police is flooded and struggling with paperwork and the fines are delayed by months. Bloody idiots can't have fully automatic system as they must fine the driver and not the owner of the car by law buahahaahahah.
I passed my driving test. I can't get my license until september though. I can't get my license until I've had my learners permit for 9 months, it's feels like I'm waiting for a baby!
#78 - JTbo
Quote from Blackout :Hmm...well, as you know as an experienced driver, every ass drives 10 km/h faster than their speedometer because they think it's ok as you you get away with it. I'm an ass too. But the statement that driving on the exact speed limits would bring everything to halt is plain ridiculous. On the long run, sure you win some time moving place to place a tad faster but you got to remember that this country is run on big heavy truck wheels (yes, Volvo trucks included).

I for hell wouldn't let them drive any faster as they are already pushing against their limiters on every given chance. Someone might say that speed limits have no use. Well, they also say (laws of physics) that increasing your speed with 1/4 will double the braking distance. Point being that if it takes a long time stop a truck, it takes even longer to stop faster traveling truck. And as they are a bit on the fat size, I really rather not get hit by them. Of course, you could say that let's let passenger cars drive faster! Well, then there would be even more stupid overtakes because the trucks would get on your way even more! Not to mention, our roads are pretty retarded, especially with the grooves you get from studded tires which gather the water pretty well.

But you had a great point about the speeds in towns. It's pretty common for people do around 55-60 on 40 zone with the flow. Sometimes you can't even notice it. I'm really surprised the idiotic speed camera infection hasn't spread to towns as more speed can be far more dangerous there than on the normal roads, well, not for the driver but for pederestians. Few meters can save lives. Talking of speed cameras, they don't seem to work really well around here. The cameras do of course, but almost too well as the police is flooded and struggling with paperwork and the fines are delayed by months. Bloody idiots can't have fully automatic system as they must fine the driver and not the owner of the car by law buahahaahahah.

It would cause halt as truck drivers could not stay on schedule and truck companies will pull strike card, after that goverment does again how companies wish and limits would be rised a bit

They can fine owner of car nowdays, law just did change as they did make pilot project of coastal Finland, where they use automatic system and they send warning and fines even from small speeds over speed limit, at autumn this system should come to country wide use and same time fuel prices are increased by adding 10% more taxes to fuel, perhaps these two don't have connection, but can't be sure yet as we don't know quite all that is planned.

Speed limits could be put to 90 and 110, then it would be ok to have system they have planned that automatically fines if you drive even bit too fast, current implementation is just as sick as upcoming removal of diesel tax and introducing of 'green' tax which both are not based on reason but more like (feminine)feelings. Who drives less than 15 000km/year with diesel car?

If I would be now thinking of getting license, I certainly would not, I would refuse any work where I need to travel until laws are created on planet earth, but however as I have driven few million km already, I have become bit lazy
Quote from JTbo :It would cause halt as truck drivers could not stay on schedule and truck companies will pull strike card, after that goverment does again how companies wish and limits would be rised a bit

Well, if you can't keep up with schedules something is wrong. Either you are trying too much and your schedule isn't realistic or are trying too much. It's not the fault of speed limits if truckers can't keep up with their deliveries.

And the camera system, it's partly automated but I read at the paper that they don't have enough manpower to see the pictures.
#80 - JTbo
Quote from Blackout :Well, if you can't keep up with schedules something is wrong. Either you are trying too much and your schedule isn't realistic or are trying too much. It's not the fault of speed limits if truckers can't keep up with their deliveries.

And the camera system, it's partly automated but I read at the paper that they don't have enough manpower to see the pictures.

It is not truckdrivers problem, but only bringing speeds bit down to limit speeds would reveal big problem in logistics and how truck companies have twisted market where only making too tight schedules will keep them in business, they make schedules so tight that drivers are enforced to drive against limiter, if driver does not do that he get's fired. Sure there is few companies that even tell drivers not to drive against limiter, but they do have enough business even they would deliver much less, quite few exceptions.

Anyway that is really not important, it would work just as an leverage to get speedlimits bit higher, however it could be that some politicians gets idea of lowering limiters of truck, certainly I would recommend such politician to drive truck one winter and then we could ask how he thinks to pull trailer straight if he hasn't got that little reserve there? Well, he would crash anyway in first month so better not test it

Current system is where there is not enough manpower, but at autumn that should be changed as this pilot project finishes and experiment comes country wide.

Problem is that some politicians thinks that it is safer to keep eyes watching speedo than road...

Current system of speedcameras has been okay, there is little marginal so you are not fined if your speed is bit higher than limit, but in future speeds are going to decrease more near cameras and already now I'm geting bit pissed for those that brake when they see camera even they are driving well withing marginals. I prefer steady speed
Hmm...JTbo, every single time we discuss politics or Finland I get a feeling that I want to move somewhere else, but then I realise it's all messed up or worse where ever I'd go. Do you get that feeling too?

Do they have lots of big hairy spiders in Australia?

Oh wait, I would melt there. Canada is much better. :P
#82 - JTbo
Quote from Blackout :Hmm...JTbo, every single time we discuss politics or Finland I get a feeling that I want to move somewhere else, but then I realise it's all messed up or worse where ever I'd go. Do you get that feeling too?

Do they have lots of big hairy spiders in Australia?

Well, I think that France would be bit better in some areas, but there are lot of bad things too.

Australia has bad things too, they have quite little amount of water and it is not nearly as good as what we do have here. Don't know about spiders, but Skippys are probably as bad as reindeers up here (Ivalo this week ). There is btw quite big differences how things are around Finland too, but laws are still same, that of course makes things not to work as well as they could.

Even we do have lot of things messed up and it seems that for car loving person things are certainly not going to move to right direction, there is lot of good things in this country that do make moving to other countries bit difficult choice.

It really would not need a much to make this country really work and become competitive, however my voting seem not to be helping so far, everyone I vote has been disappeared from spotlights after elections where they have received really small amount of votes

Maybe someday, enough people just would make their statement and some brains will be required for certain jobs after that, but that is not likely to happen
Well the French don't speak English! Oh well, they might today, but my French isn't that good if they don't. So I would be shouting them slowly and VERY LOUDLY! :P

passed my drivin test
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG