The online racing simulator
Ayrton Senna's Driving Technique
(10 posts, started )
He wasn't really driving that hard in that vid though... nice find all the same
#3 - amp88
Nice vid, but the shoes accompanied by the tennis-socks really ruin it .
Quote from Linsen :Nice vid, but the shoes accompanied by the tennis-socks really ruin it .

ROFL! Very true!!
#6 - ebola
Nice find, man the NSX looked to accelerate fast!!
Always impressive to watch Senna drive . Been my role model ever since I was a wee lad and I just learn from him more and more everytime I see him drive. His throttle technique, the constant dabbing instead of modulation is really interesting. I don't quite understand the principle behind it, is it something to do with getting the power out early?. That vid doesn't really show what he actually does very well. From what I read and heard, he keeps dabbing the throttle like that but in a gradual manner where each time he keeps dabbing it, he doesn't take his foot off the throttle as much as the last dab till he reaches full pedal travel and keeps it in.
Quote from Leprekaun :His throttle technique, the constant dabbing instead of modulation is really interesting.

Its called Senna powered traction control in a time when the car was'nt clever enough to do it itself.
Sorta off-topic sorry, but I found this interesting video about M Schumacher's driving style, and was looking for somewhere to post it. Well worth a watch. Especially when they compare Senna's constant dabbing of the throttle, compared with Schumi's more aggressive stance.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v= ... ;mode=related&search=

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG