Quote from tristancliffe :Wasn't impressed by Alonso's move on Heidfeld. Forcing someone to take to the 'escape road' (note: he left no room on the second apex had Nick tried to stay on the track). Completely lacked finesse, fairness or flair - not very becoming of a two-times world champion in my opinion.

Anyway, it was all for nought - he was beaten by the BMW even though he was a lot faster. Ha ha ha ha ha!

??? are you serious???? please tell me you are joking.....????? do you actually understand the concept of 'racing'... aarrrrrgghh. i get it now.....Alonso should have sat their and done nothing... in fact they should start single file and wait until the pitstops to get past a driver......

hey why we are at .... let's just do Saturday qualifying and forget about the race on Sunday!!!!
Ah, the karting club return enmasse to demonstate their passing knowledge

I'd have had no problem if Alonso has left a bit of room for a car on the second apex. There is no way Alonso could have seen that Heidfeld HAD taken to the run-off, he just assumed that he would.
heidfeld knew that alonso wouldnt leave any room on the outside and chose to take the escape because it would cost him less time than backing off
Oh here we go again with the ****ing Rambo karters...

Tristan: I agree. Nick was very polite to help Alonso out there and not have a big smash.
To me Heidfeld's escape looked a bit unintentional... Much like he got frightened from Alonsos' car being side-by-side there and forgot to brake/turn enough... Although I agree, Alonso has to have superhuman reflexes to see Heidfeld going off and deciding to kiss the apex at the second turn...
well then surely your concept of racing must be warped because

1. Alonso is a 2x WDC
2. F1 is the 'pinnacle' of motorsport
3. he didn't get punished

you don't get anywhere in racing if you don't make moves!!!

I worry that if that attitude was actually taken up by proper racers then racing would just be turd.... quite frankly....

there is no room for politeness when your racing.....

you can't be thinking

'i hope the other guys feeling aren't hurt if i overtake him'
Quote from Intrepid :well then surely your concept of racing must be warped because
1. Alonso is a 2x WDC
2. F1 is the 'pinnacle' of motorsport
3. he didn't get punished

you don't get anywhere in racing if you don't make moves!!!
I worry that if that attitude was actually taken up by proper racers then racing would just be turd.... quite frankly....

there is no room for politeness when your racing.....
you can't be thinking
'i hope the other guys feeling aren't hurt if i overtake him'

Alonso is a 2xWDC (though not through natual talent in my book). F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport. Therefore I expect to see proper racing, not the sort of thing 17 year old failed karters think is racing. Not getting punished is like saying Schumi's move in 1994 is okay because he didn't get punished. You lack logic.

You don't get anywhere if you don't make moves, but Alonso only got somewhere because Mr Heidfeld had a brain and got out of the way. Then went on to beat Alonso in an inferior car. Nuff said.

There is LOTS of room for politeness when racing. You can race EXTREMELY hard, and remain polite. I remind you to watch Gilles vs Rene again. No stupid moves there, always leaving JUST enough room when needed to, no harm done. As I say, Alonso's move would have been MEGA if he'd left room for Nick, even if Nick had taken to the escape road.

Quote from Intrepid :here lads.... this might be more your thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UZqfB7b20U

nuff said!

Oh I see. The petty insults from the cheating account begin. Is that shitty, Alan or Will hiding behind the OWRL Cheat Account? Come on, be a man and admit who you are.
Quote from N I K I :
Alonso sucked

Wearing tinted glasses?

Nothing sucked about his race. Did you not notice the director actually focused on his battles most of the race due to the fact it was the focal point of the entire race?

I thoroughly enjoyed the race and personally think he did a brilliant job, driver of the race IMO. Having a fuel strategy geared towards being out in clean air at the front did not help matters because he always pitted before the car he was battling. Nothing he could do about that... Overtaking in F1 is a difficult task and he managed to pull off some great moves, all be it blinded fan boys with a vendetta against him will continue to pursue the `Hate Alonso fan club.`

Quote from tristancliffe :Wasn't impressed by Alonso's move on Heidfeld. Forcing someone to take to the 'escape road' (note: he left no room on the second apex had Nick tried to stay on the track). Completely lacked finesse, fairness or flair - not very becoming of a two-times world champion in my opinion.

Funny how a Schumacher fan can come out with such a statement, I can recall a few occasions where he forced other drivers off the track

Surely of all people you understand that Nick was leaving himself in danger and that where he ended up was his fault? Alonso was clearly sighted down the inside well before they even hit the apex where Nick decided to keep his foot in it with no where to go, Nick was to blame in my view.

Any driver who finds himself off the track on the outside of another car is to blame, they don't have the right to the corner. Nick was off the track before the 2nd apex, he was carrying far too much speed to have a hope in hell of making that apex and stay on the track on the exit.

Does the fact both Alonso and Nick said it was a great race and neither complained about the other not show both felt it was a clean fight?

Quote :Anyway, it was all for nought - he was beaten by the BMW even though he was a lot faster. Ha ha ha ha ha!

So you put down a driver battling hard and in the end it not paying off due to pit strategy? So if you were in a similar situation I guess you'd give up? What a fighting sprit that is...
whos a failed karter?
notice how all the real racers think the move was fine. even brundle etc who did F1 thought it was fine
Quote :I remind you to watch Gilles vs Rene again. No stupid moves there, always leaving JUST enough room when needed to

?????????????????????????????????????????????????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyDK5xFUwd4

at 39 seconds Gilles dives completely out of KNOWHERE LOCKS UP AND JAMS IT RIGHT UP THE INSIDE OF RENE!!!!!

I don't think that's an example of 'no stupid moves there, always just enough room when needed to'

if rene didn't luckily see the nutter villeneuve in his mirrorsheo would have had a face full of Ferrari!!!!

1;20 gilles proper snipes thE nose off rene after trying to fire him off the circuit....

and here 54 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFy3rqE_pqk

that's on BIKES!!!

see that's the difference between the greats and the also rans....

hey we can all be friends and have tea and biscuits... but this is racing!!!!

YOU CAN'T OVERTAKE WITHOUT BEING UNFAIR..... THERE ISN'T ANYTHING FAIR ABOUT TAKING SOMEONE'S POSITION AWAY FROM THEM.....OVERTAKING IS INHERENTLY SELFISH, AND UNFAIR!!!!
Well this race was one of the most exciting in this season so far imo. I like it that the comitee finaly found a way to make cars more even and it is not so boring anymore.

And for Alonso, imo this race was one in the series of this season where it can be briliantly seen that he is not true champion material. Only thing that got him the 2 titles was Mr. Briattore and the supremacy of the renault over the past 2 seasons.

It is going to be interesting to see what happenes because if hamilton gets away from alonso a bit more, he might become munber 1 in team and we will see situations like Schumi/massa , barichello and shit. Remember hes english lol.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :whos a failed karter?
notice how all the real racers think the move was fine. even brundle etc who did F1 thought it was fine

Look at the end of the day, it was a gutsy move, a move in which if it was pulled on me I would be wanting words with the driver latter on.

To launch the car into a corner at that speed, hoping that the other guys see's you in time and decide to spring himself across the Krebs is a bit reckless. Take that move and imagine it in the last chicane in Canada and you would have a nasty accident into either the champions wall or bouncing across the escape route. And it would be the guy getting overtaken rather than the driver gaining the place. So how is that a fair move.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Look at the end of the day, it was a gutsy move, a move in which if it was pulled on me I would be wanting words with the driver latter on.

I mean this is the kindest possible way but if you did that.... you would be

1. Laughed at
2. Told your in the wrong sport
Quote from Intrepid :I mean this is the kindest possible way but if you did that.... you would be

1. Laughed at
2. Told your in the wrong sport

You think? somebody nearly taking you out with a reckless move, and you would be happy with that?
#94 - J.B.
IMO you don't go side by side through chicanes. One driver needs to back off or it's a shunt. Heidfeld was the one that needed to back off but he decided to take the escape road instead. And again, Heidfeld made no complaints whatsoever.
mate I would think what a nutter but racing is racing... I have had it done to me I am fine with it.....

his car was there on the inside...I would do the same..... that's

R

A

C

I

N

G

There not there to follow each other around the circuit.....the object of the game is to pass the guy in front....

and heidfeld was in control of his car he pointed it off the circuit.... he knew alonso was there.....
look guys....

in reality.... when your racing every weekend against 30-40 drivers going at it....if you are not a hard overtaker and able to make moves liek Alonso, Hamilton, Senna, Rossi etc.... you just won't get anywhere....

I see so many times drivers who have pace but just get completely DESTROYED on the race track. You can stand and complain all day about how it's unfair and all that but.....TOUGH... that's racings...

I spend literally HOURS UPON HOURS explaining the art of overtaking with people who want to learn how to be confident and do these overtakes.....it's all i am good at!!! lol i even go out on the track with them to show them how to do it... one of my NOVICE students just finished 3rd in a semi-national race because he learnt how to overtake properly

nothing comes free when your racing.... no one is going to donate a position.... and you never have too long to make a position anyway!!!!

if a gap is there take it.... not once should you ever worry about the other guy... that's doesn't mean bin him off, but you need a one track mind.....

i think i have said enough and will only lurk on this topic coz ur doin my head in!
Quote from PwrSlave :
And for Alonso, imo this race was one in the series of this season where it can be briliantly seen that he is not true champion material. Only thing that got him the 2 titles was Mr. Briattore and the supremacy of the renault over the past 2 seasons.

The supremacy of that Renault was all too obvious in the hands of Fisi the last two seasons... Only finishing 20+ seconds behind his team mate on a good day in the same car... . (who apparently is not champion material, yet has won two of them... beating Schumacher fair & square)

If the Renault was so supreme why did they find themselves on their back foot and losing points hands over fist?

If anyone seriously believes an F1 driver reaches the sport (after probably 10-15 years of racing 100s even 1000s of different drivers in their life) and wins world titles without bags of skill. they really need to question what they believe IMO.

So on your theory does Schumacher deserve to be 7WDC, surely he only won 5 of them because of the supremacy of the Ferrari...
Quote from Intrepid :ok one more 'this might be more you thing' video then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvnRWQbBX84

lol

Could we stick to the topic in hand, not to see your fetish of male ballet dancers. Some things are just meant to be kept to yourself.

If you don't have an decent statement to make regarding to the debate, don't make one at all.
yeah alonso had significant overlap and it was, imo, a legitimate overtake. However, the attitude of the karters when the thought of anybody disagreeing with them is just plain annoying. Frankly, all the rambo karters need to stop being pricks. You really are showing your maturity with your quickly searched youtube clips. Karting, as good a sport as it is, is far from a very good place to have experience of overtaking. Contact in a kart makes virtually no difference, and the things are so light and nimble that they can dart all over the place, making moves that would be highly illegal in normal motor racing be legal in karting.

Karting does not = Formula 1. you can not compare a move you made on your spotty geeky mate kevin last tuesday to a move which the highest paid driver in the world makes.

Yes, i have lots of karting experience, regularly go to the indoor kart track in falkirk, and am within 3/4 of a second of the record. I make the same types of overtakes that your talking about all the time on a kart track, but the fact is that they just do not pass in real motor racing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG