The online racing simulator
Changes at ConeDodgers
(179 posts, started )
Quote from Rappa Z :I was wondering. About how long does it take to get you're license after you set a lap under 1:44.40?

Hi

Just updated the license files

We now have 3530 Licensed drivers

Please note the target times will be dropping to

AS1 - 0.52.40
AS3 - 1:44.00

for the next License update
Quote : AS3 - 1:44.00

I guess that's CD1?
Quote from Slopi :I guess that's CD1?

No, thats the target time for [CD] members on server 3
Quote from robps :No, thats the target time for [CD] members on server 3

I see ....:shhh:can i become one
{CD)Birder..... you are not welcoming to your server. I am an experienced racer, who nows the flag rules....

I will not frequent your servers again..... as you obvoisly have no idea of how to control yourself - with lapped cars, or your own self.

I am seriopsly dissapointed in your attitude and ability. What did you expect me to do? I was watchning my mirrors - knew exactly where you were - but you chose to almost drive straight through me - you really should have lifted and moved up my inside where I would have let you past.

I do hope you dont treat others with the same distane.

Im very very disspaointed You give your server and your team a very bad name....
Quote from Widdowmaker :{CD)Birder..... you are not welcoming to your server. I am an experienced racer, who nows the flag rules....

I will not frequent your servers again..... as you obvoisly have no idea of how to control yourself - with lapped cars, or your own self.

I am seriopsly dissapointed in your attitude and ability. What did you expect me to do? I was watchning my mirrors - knew exactly where you were - but you chose to almost drive straight through me - you really should have lifted and moved up my inside where I would have let you past.

I do hope you dont treat others with the same distane.

Im very very disspaointed You give your server and your team a very bad name....

You was simply asked if you understood what a blue flag was for, after you forced me off track when you were under the blue flag.

To not obey the blue flag on our CD2 licensed server is a serious rule break. If you are experienced as you say you are then why did you see the need to not obey the rules. Drivers such as you who break the rules are not welcome.

Just to recap.

From the gravel trap, after you had forced me off I sent a message "Please obey the blue flag or leave"
(I see nothing wrong with that, i do it to all drivers that i see break the blue flag rule)
You did not answer, i waited and you still said nothing
(Your mistake, a simple Sorry or Ok would do)
I asked "Do you understand?"
(I see nothing wrong with that)
You then started to blame me for you not obeying server rules
(Another mistake as it was your fault in breaking the rules)
So I kicked you from the server
(I see nothing wrong with that, i do it to everyone who does not obey the rules)

Notice you were not banned, just kicked, a kick is a warning.
Your recall of the events is wrong.

You might as well ban me mate - cos I aint going back on your server - and I hope that is greated with a smile.

I have never been so insulted.

I may have driven for the length of the straight seeing the blue flag - but you were no were near to passing me - you lost it - I clearly saw it in my mirrors.

There was nothing for me to apologise for. Once you brought it to my attention - you gave me no chance to discuss the issue - as you kicked me - after you asked if I was taking the P i ss...

You were out of order.

By the way - You need to loose the totallitarian Neo Nazi attitude..... The jack boots and the Sparks like tash do not suit you.....

Blame is so easy to attirbute when you have a Singlular thought process..... When are you invading Poland by the way?
Quote from Widdowmaker :Your recall of the events is wrong.

You might as well ban me mate - cos I aint going back on your server - and I hope that is greated with a smile.

I have never been so insulted.

I may have driven for the length of the straight seeing the blue flag - but you were no were near to passing me - you lost it - I clearly saw it in my mirrors.

There was nothing for me to apologise for. Once you brought it to my attention - you gave me no chance to discuss the issue - as you kicked me - after you asked if I was taking the P i ss...

You were out of order.

By the way - You need to loose the totallitarian Neo Nazi attitude..... The jack boots and the Sparks like tash do not suit you.....

Blame is so easy to attirbute when you have a Singlular thought process..... When are you invading Poland by the way?

From that answer I think most people can get the drift why you were kicked and i am glad thats an end to the matter.
Quote from Widdowmaker :

THERE IT IS AGAIN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Gratulations Widdowmaker. It took some time for Godwin to appear again
Cool Birder, just noticed this thread as I don't usually frequent the CD servers. Will try and confine my activities to CD's 2&4, although I'm one of those guys who can JUST make the cut-offs so..

A) go with the pros and come last most of the time
B) go with the masses and have fun overtaking/defending

Kinda depends what mood yer in on the day, doesn't it?
Quote :
A) go with the pros and come last most of the time

Racing with faster drivers will make you faster as well, watching the car in front disapearing into the sunset is a great motivator
Is there a way to know if I am licensed? My times are 1:41.xx in the races. But I don't know what my status is for having a license
Quote from Tweaker :Is there a way to know if I am licensed? My times are 1:41.xx in the races. But I don't know what my status is for having a license

www.conedodgers.co.uk check on site type in your lfs username
Quote from Tweaker :Is there a way to know if I am licensed? My times are 1:41.xx in the races. But I don't know what my status is for having a license

username tweaker
license A
date 23/06/2007
comments Full Licence Holder - Any car available on CD Servers
Quote from JohnPenn :Racing with faster drivers will make you faster as well, watching the car in front disapearing into the sunset is a great motivator

Well... its not like people don't *want* to go faster... I would if I could.
The problem with this system is faster times do not equate to better racers. I may not be fast (pb in pre patchX era is 1:42ish), but I am a fair racer. I now run in the high 1:44 to low 1:45's mainly from how boring AS3 is causing lack of concentration to my lapping, but I take extreme caution to race clean and fair. If I stuff it, I'm not going to reenter in your direct path. If you are beside me, I am not going to cut you or push you off.... Time means nothing and I've seen plenty of "non-professional" drivers running below the 1:44.0 mark who I do not want racing on the same track as me.....

I force myself to start last (habit from framerate issues) and pass at least half the field by turn 2 every time I am in the Conedodger's server. Some of those are slow racers and some of those are the 1:41 guys...
The majority of fast drivers will know a thing or two about car control, and thus be seen as a good driver all around. Only a few times here and there do you get some fast drivers who race really dirty... and it wouldn't be CD's system at fault. Still something simple to be dealt with via an admin.

I know there are consistent and fair drivers that a few seconds off pace, but I think their idea is that you can get access to CD2 purely because that is the "pro" level, as stated.
This is a Tempory system to try to sort out the mayhem that came from patch X, i think its worked but it far from perfect.

However our proper system will use full race times, not single lap times.

This system will also give points towards the LFS GTR League dependant on the number in the race and the race time.

There will also be higher points on the pro-servers. I think we are just a few weeks away.
Quote from Tweaker :Is there a way to know if I am licensed?

You can check if you have a license, and if so which type of license, on the ConeDodgers site main page.

Type in your LFS username into the search box and click on the Search button
How often is the license file updated?

Yesterday was my first real outing on the CD1 server after I've been playing mostly on CD3 and got licensed for CD4.
To my own surprise I even drove 1:43.xx in the end (and how I wish I could do that steadily ) and had a blast. Because the CD1 server was full I hoped to get into CD2 at one time which of course did not work.

I'm probably able to race a bit again tomorrow evening so I wouldn't mind if I could choose for CD2

Hehe, the moment total racing time is counted I'll probably be demoted again, since I'm 'peaking'
Quote from AeoIus :How often is the license file updated?

I try to do it each Friday, but its manual
My times dont seem to get registered on CD1 and fine on CD3 and CD4? They are running same software? !stats does not give anything for me. You can see on LFSworld I frequently race it.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :My times dont seem to get registered on CD1 and fine on CD3 and CD4? They are running same software? !stats does not give anything for me. You can see on LFSworld I frequently race it.

It only records a time when you are faster than the target time which is set at 1:44.40. If we recorded them all there would be over 7000 by now

You are currently in the 1:45's
I know (i get reports when beating time and looked via LFSworld) and nowhere near the times I want to drive . But when I am ingame !stats give me nothing???

On CD3 that works fine. Somehow the !stats does not work for me. Is that a problem for more ppl?

Changes at ConeDodgers
(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG