The online racing simulator
Changes at ConeDodgers
(179 posts, started )
Hello and welcome Please, please use punctuation though. Your post is very hard to read.
I seriously don't know how people manage to write such lengthy posts without a single period, comma or even a capital letter (except for the very first word). Must be some kind of supernatural ability or something

Anyway...
I have been reading all that is said and made a few changes.

There are a number of reasons why people use CD1 and CD3

1) Its easier to get a win
2) if you can stand the pain they are more fun
3) You mates are there.

All i ask is that the drivers who have a license goto CD2 and CD4 first, rather than the public servers.

Several things will happen if they dont.

1) Only drivers who use CD2 and CD4 need a license so if you have not been on and set a time your license will be dropped.
2) We may well reduce the number of race slots on CD1 and CD3 to 20 or lower, but leaving CD2 and CD4 at 32
3) We may well run the license program on CD1 and CD3 at busy times
4) Random kicks or drive throughs.....(lol)
5) We run the program the opposite way at busy times so Licensed drivers will not be able to join on CD1 and CD3
6) Use them or lose them......

Come on folks we are just trying to do is have some clean servers and i seriously ask that you use the correct server when you join

Thanks
I haven’t read the whole thread so I’m sorry if this has been suggested already.

Why not do like the old STCC servers and restrict the public CD1 server to just the FXR (the easiest car to drive). Those that do a better time than 1:43 get a license to CD2 where all GTRs are available.

There needs to be a carrot of some sort to make people want to move over to the faster server. Since the FZR is the most popular car among the fastest drivers, they will move to CD2 for sure then.
Just wanted to thank you for a well populated server with more than 5 lap.

I had fun racing tonight with pikey and captain kirk
Quote from birder :2) We may well reduce the number of race slots on CD1 and CD3 to 20 or lower, but leaving CD2 and CD4 at 32

I think this would increase the usage of CD2 and CD4 very much.
Quote from birder :I have been reading all that is said and made a few changes.

5) We run the program the opposite way at busy times so Licensed drivers will not be able to join on CD1 and CD3

I actually think that is a really good idea, i was about to suggest that myself. Another reason why i think CD4 is always empty is because it's hard to find.... If you select FWD you won't find it because of the MRT and if the MRT is in there... well that will just make the mayhem more because about 80% of all drivers can't control that car. Why is it even there? Well Lotesdelere loves it.

Forcing Licensed drivers and removing the MRT would solve the problems of no drivers on CD2 and CD4 in my opinion because on CD3 more then half of the people can do 53.00 so it would be 10 racers on both servers... i think that can resolve in much better racing.

Birder, don't try to get people to listen MAKE them listen

My regards,

Tom
Quote from battle :Another reason why i think CD4 is always empty is because it's hard to find.... If you select FWD you won't find it because of the MRT and if the MRT is in there...

You already posted about that and it has been changed and set to small GTR's only since yesterday evening :splat:
One thing that would encourage me to join CD4 would be if there was a track rotation. It doesn't have to be every two hours, maybe just once a day or every few days. I thought track changing was going to be part of the plan for CD2 and CD4.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like a little track variety every once in a while.
I think you in the minority. Trackrotation means more drivers who are new to the track. If this is the case there will probably be loads of accidents because people don't know the track. Not so experienced ( aka noobs ) will be able to drive a 53.00 with a reasonable set and 50 to 100 laps practice but then they know the track and will be able to control it better. If the track then changes that individuel has to drive another track without having any experience on it. I think about 70% of the racers on Conedodgers4 would 'screw up' when the track gets changed due to lack of experience.

In my opinion it would be better to just leave 1 track on. Maybe a different track then AS1 due to it being so extremly short and not allot of room. A track as AS3 with the mini GTR's can be really fun as well and also attracts allot of players and will reduce crashes because of the room the track has. It will be more boring and CD is already running 2 servers with AS3 on. It's just a idea nothing more.

My regards,
Tom
really enjoying the changes so far. big ups to the CD crew!

i must admit that i do still spend some time on CD1 even though i'm licensed for CD2. not because i want to p0wn the noobs, but rather because CD2 is often empty at the times when i'm usually online (due to my timezone).

even so, when there have been people on CD2, the racing has been close and intense, and when i've been on CD1 the fast drivers have been a lot more foregiving of accidents caused by new slower drivers. i've seen a lot fewer votes to ban people, and a lot less blue flag spam.

so i think it's working out for the better all around.

cheers
Earlier i had chance to go to CD1 and CD2,

CD1 seemed to be far better as 80% were none licensed drivers so very few fast guys were trying to get through, there was still the odd one who thinks he knows better than everyone else but the server and racing was very good.

CD2, well i had 3 races without a single moan or hit, there was one ban for trying to win at T1 but the racing was great fun.

The biggest problem was people coming on CD2 and asking "What's CD1" or "CD1?" when they could not race.
cd2 last night was actually clean IMO

although in my first race i was sent flying in T1, the rest of my races were clean and fun, no stress involved, apart from the girlfriend pestering me and asking me stupid questions

back in the bloody kitchen wench!
I would like 30 cars back
I have not joined CD1 once since I got my license. CD2 is getting fuller it seems, with 10 to 15 - maybe 20 - people on at times. Also, I haven't experienced any T1 mayhem in any of my races there, and I've had some great close fights with good drivers.

CD2 will probably be the only server I'll be on anymore... until the CTRA servers are back
I hope i get my CD 2 licence soon ive been setting times 1 second above the target for about a week now and i dont really enjoy racing at CD1. Trying to start at the back of the grid is allmost impossible at times and ive been knocked off by drivers not respecting the blue flag when leading several times.
how often is the licence system updated? i'm currently waiting for my licence on CD4 ;-) Hope i'll get it soon.
Quote from PapaX :how often is the licence system updated? i'm currently waiting for my licence on CD4 ;-) Hope i'll get it soon.

I try tyo do it every Friday night but we are flooded out so i may be a bit late
Good job you've got a boat
Quote from robps :Good job you've got a boat

My boat is still 80 miles away Rob, but the water has lifted my swimming pool out of the ground and has done about £60k worth of damage.

I knew something was wrong when i saw ducks swimming about on the patio, still its got to my LFS setup.
I'm sorry to say but I'm through with CD. Last weekend was good fun on CD2 with 10 to 15 licensed drivers on, but during the week it's virtually always empty, save for maybe 2 or 3 drivers. Result => no fun racing (at least, I don't find it fun). CD1 on the other hand is completely full, with 70% or 80% consistently lapping 1:43's or even 1:42's. You can't even join the race 'cause it's full all the time CD2 has become completely obsolete IMO, which is very unfortunate. I don't think it can be that hard to implement a simple restriction for licensed drivers on CD1.

I'm counting the days 'till the CTRA servers are back
birder, i'm sorry to hear that. don't worry about the license, i can wait a little longer
Quote from obsolum :I'm sorry to say but I'm through with CD. Last weekend was good fun on CD2 with 10 to 15 licensed drivers on, but during the week it's virtually always empty, save for maybe 2 or 3 drivers. Result => no fun racing (at least, I don't find it fun). CD1 on the other hand is completely full, with 70% or 80% consistently lapping 1:43's or even 1:42's. You can't even join the race 'cause it's full all the time CD2 has become completely obsolete IMO, which is very unfortunate. I don't think it can be that hard to implement a simple restriction for licensed drivers on CD1.

I'm counting the days 'till the CTRA servers are back

Lets go over this one last time.

The license only prevents slower drivers getting onto CD2 and CD4 but CD1 and CD3 are PUBLIC so anyone can join, Licensed or not.

If some one want to race on CD1 and CD3 then they can, at Conedodgers we will not force anyone to do anything.

I think some people feel that having a License will fill CD2 / 4 up by magic.

If you dont want to race on ConeDodgers then please feel free to stay away but please dont moan at us when at least we have tried to do something.

As you say "you are through with CD" you wont mind if i revoke your license will you.
Quote :

I don't think it can be that hard to implement a simple restriction for licensed drivers on CD1.

SO go and setup your own server and see how much work is involved to give others FREE racing on your server and while your at It make sure you please everyone all the time
I was wondering. About how long does it take to get you're license after you set a lap under 1:44.40?

Changes at ConeDodgers
(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG