The online racing simulator
My voucher contest
(32 posts, closed, started )
My voucher contest
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but...

Guys, I'm deeply sorry that you lost your vouchers. But as I've explained, I cannot buy things through paypal, so PLEASE stop PMing me every 5 seconds asking 'is it fixed yet'.

For the unitiated, Paypal says my card # is invalid, even when I don't go through paypal. So, basically, I can't buy anything online until my card's valid again. I have no idea when that is.

Also, you don't have a 'right' to the license, What on earth made you think you do? Sure, you won the compo, but that does not, the way I see it (and I could be wrong) give you a right to a license. If wanting to have S2 means that you have to harrass people constantly, then I'm not sure you deserve it.

DK
Your decision...

EDIT : im the only one that lost his Licence on the contest....
Well, if you made such a contest and promised that the winners get the vouchers its understandable that they are upset now, isnt it?
Quote from zeugnimod :Well, if you made such a contest and promised that the winners get the vouchers its understandable that they are upset now, isnt it?

I have to agree there, if you promise someone a license for taking part in a contest and winning it then you are obliged to give the participant winners the license you promised...

edit: why did Takumi_lfs loose his license?
#5 - garph
If I was given S2 by someone and then they had a problem totally out of their control which meant I lost my S2 then yes of course I'd be upset, but I'd also be more gracious and understanding as well, this is what seems to be lacking.
Yes, but if you were in my position, would you have forseen this? I'm more upset about the constant harrassment tbh. If anyone can provide me with a list of people who lost their licenses, and a non-paypal way of buying them...I'd be happy to refund the winners.

@madman: Paypal reversed the transactions (for reasons unkown)

Can I have a list of names of people who were in the contest, I'll re-buy your licenses

DK
Ungrateful people
What can i say?

that you dude!! (Again)
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Yes, but if you were in my position, would you have forseen this? I'm more upset about the constant harrassment tbh. If anyone can provide me with a list of people who lost their licenses, and a non-paypal way of buying them...I'd be happy to refund the winners.

@madman: Paypal reversed the transactions (for reasons unkown)

Can I have a list of names of people who were in the contest, I'll re-buy your licenses

DK

Fang I dunno why you bothar because shit is your thanks here mate
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Fang I dunno why you bothar because shit is your thanks here mate

Ok, now take a deep breath and try again.
Ok take 2
It doesnt mean they need to moan about it. They should be happy they are actually getting one
Thank You again
I can understand why people are upset, but I can see your position.

Just take it on the chin and dont be so generous next time
You started the competition, therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that the conditions of the competition are met.

As I understand it, their were conditions that the competitors had to meet (ie., whatever the 'challenge' or contest was). The competitors who won have fulfilled those conditions. They have "kept up their end of the deal".

There were also conditions that you, the competition creator, had to meet. One of those was supplying prizes to the winners. So far, you have failed to do this. You have not "kept up your end of the deal". You have an obligation to the winners to provide them with their prize.

It's unhelpful to act as if you have no obligation to fulfill your side of the bargain when the competitors entered the competition in good faith and fulfilled their side of the bargain. They do not, as you put it, have a "right" to their prize; you, however, do have an obligation to provide them with their prize.

This was a competition after all, and not a charity. You gained something from this transaction - a warm fuzzy feeling, goodwill and respect from other forum members, amusment, a power trip, whatever - but so far, the other participants in your competition have gained nothing.

The ethical thing to do would be to take responsibility for the competition that you started and find a way to fulfill your obligations to the competitors.

In terms of actually fulfilling your obligations, the most ethical thing to do would be to consult with the competition winners in private. This is, after all, a matter between you and the winners of the competition and no-one else.

My recommendation is that this thread be closed and all interested parties be instructed to settle the matter privately.
Quote from sam1600 :You started the competition, therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that the conditions of the competition are met.

As I understand it, their were conditions that the competitors had to meet (ie., whatever the 'challenge' or contest was). The competitors who won have fulfilled those conditions. They have "kept up their end of the deal".

There were also conditions that you, the competition creator, had to meet. One of those was supplying prizes to the winners. So far, you have failed to do this. You have not "kept up your end of the deal". You have an obligation to the winners to provide them with their prize.

It's unhelpful to act as if you have no obligation to fulfill your side of the bargain when the competitors entered the competition in good faith and fulfilled their side of the bargain. They do not, as you put it, have a "right" to their prize; you, however, do have an obligation to provide them with their prize.

This was a competition after all, and not a charity. You gained something from this transaction - a warm fuzzy feeling, goodwill and respect from other forum members, amusment, a power trip, whatever - but so far, the other participants in your competition have gained nothing.

The ethical thing to do would be to take responsibility for the competition that you started and find a way to fulfill your obligations to the competitors.

In terms of actually fulfilling your obligations, the most ethical thing to do would be to consult with the competition winners in private. This is, after all, a matter between you and the winners of the competition and no-one else.

My recommendation is that this thread be closed and all interested parties be instructed to settle the matter privately.

Did you actually read anything after the first post?
Yes.

Do you have any other brain-busters for me?
I don't get the big deal here. Just transfer the winners £24 and that settles it.
Quote from sam1600 :Yes.

Do you have any other brain-busters for me?

You must have missed the bit about him buying the vouchers again.

Plus, to be completely technical, he was under no obligation whatsoever. The "competition" was not official, not run under government supervision so he could have done what he felt like.

If there was an unforseen problem and his payments got reversed, yet some people were harassing him, he was justified in feeling the way he did. End of story.
#20 - Jakg
Quote from sam1600 :You started the competition, therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that the conditions of the competition are met.

He DID supply the vouchers, PayPal for some odd reason withdrew them, and LFSTech closed the accounts.

IMO it's VERY cheeky to harrass a guy that just did you a big favour, but then imo this whole recent "Give S2 away"-fest is all a bit... odd
We need arbitration.

I'm willing to represent Mr. DieKolkrabe pro-bono.

To the small-claims-mobile!
Quote from Jakg :IMO it's VERY cheeky to harrass a guy that just did you a big favour, but then imo this whole recent "Give S2 away"-fest is all a bit... odd

I add that all of this impatience can only be counterproductive for such compos. All my moral support goes to Kolkrabe.
Quote from Jakg :He DID supply the vouchers, PayPal for some odd reason withdrew them, and LFSTech closed the accounts.

IMO it's VERY cheeky to harrass a guy that just did you a big favour, but then imo this whole recent "Give S2 away"-fest is all a bit... odd

As you say it, it`s right.
He did supply the vouchers, and what happend next was something, at least as I see it, something he didn`t expect or belived would happend.
I think it`s strange that people can be so mindless some times, you don`t even try to put yourself in hes position, but instead you crying out loud and acting like kids because you did not get that ice cream you wanted! Seriously, I had though better of LFS community, but in the end some people just are so narrow-minded that it canot be helped!

Grow up, he tried hes best to keep what he promised, when he can`t deliver it because of strange accidents that he probally are as much confused with as you, you canot blame him for that.
If you want a lisence, try these methods instead

- Whine to your parrents for money
- Whine to your BF/GF for money
- Whine to your grandparents for money
- Save 0.10 Euro each day, and in not a too distant future, you will be able to get your lisence
The Very End, I believe you have just appointed yourself as the representitive for the disgruntled competition winners.

I'll see you in court, my friend.

To the small-claims-mobile! dah nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh naaah
This thread is closed

My voucher contest
(32 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG