The online racing simulator
Beta Test Agreement
(62 posts, closed, started )
If people are still needed I would love to help out
#52 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :No its the email server, the UKCT box has more than 1 IP and the mail server is on a different IP to the one the MX record points to and some other email servers dont like that, so when we send them an email it gets marked as spam and isnt delivered.

sssh! I want the forum running vB
#53 - SamH
Quote from Jakg :sssh! I want the forum running vB

VB is about £150, PHPBB is free.. for £150, I don't mind activating the occasional account manually!
use yabb ... free and easily has the best read/unread marking on the market
The problem with emails would remain regardless of what forum software is used. The problem is the recipient email server, it checks the IP that the email was received on and sees that there is no domain name attached to it, and consequently flags the message as spam / deletes it.
Just as with running a league most of the beta testers to sign up have never appeared. A combination of dismissing the mail out email as spam, or perhaps in some cases not getting it, and never checking the site again.

I'll be removing a lot of drivers from the beta test list soon as never having had any input, and picking replacements.
Well if you are passed the initial phase you could think about an open beta. Same
Quote from Becky Rose :Just as with running a league most of the beta testers to sign up have never appeared. A combination of dismissing the mail out email as spam, or perhaps in some cases not getting it, and never checking the site again.

I'll be removing a lot of drivers from the beta test list soon as never having had any input, and picking replacements.

Hi Becky if anymore drivers are needed for the testing I would be happy to help.
Breaking news! I found this on the first page of the thread.

Quote from Becky Rose :We'll be selecting beta testers in the not too distant future, for the time being could those who are interested please register on the UKCT forums as this will save some administration time when we start the beta testing.

Thank you.

Wonder what it means
Quote from Swiss_Tony :Breaking news! I found this on the first page of the thread.

Wonder what it means

It mean's what it sais
#61 - Jakg
He's being sarcastic - you DO need to be registered on the forum to become one and you'll be better off applying there
#62 - SamH
This thread is closed

Beta Test Agreement
(62 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG