The online racing simulator
[request] time monitor
(30 posts, started )
[request] time monitor
hi, i have read so much about the new insim button system... but i am not a good programmer (just a little bit knowlege in vb express)

i want to make a little time monitor on the left where my best splits will be shown and when i reach a split i want the relative time difference... like the screenie...

can you please help me from beginning on to make this?

thank you

EDIT: i have following programming tool:

visual basic express edition
Attached images
timemonitor.jpg
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :hi, i have read so much about the new insim button system... but i am not a good programmer (just a little bit knowlege in vb express)

i want to make a little time monitor on the left where my best splits will be shown and when i reach a split i want the relative time difference... like the screenie...

can you please help me from beginning on to make this?

thank you

EDIT: i have following programming tool:

visual basic express edition

i cant help with the program self, unless i get some info about the insim outsim stuff(wich i should search myself) but you can get visual c#, c+, c++ 2005 for free, and vb 2005 express edition for free 2 via windows main site offcourse, maybe you'll find some that fits your programming, but i olso think vb is the easiest. g/l with your program
dont want to learn c..... i dont understand the insim txt, this is my problem.... for first its in english and the second thing is that i am not a programmer yet ^^
You mean something like that ??
Attached images
LFSSPlit.jpg
sort of, yes i'd like to have sth like that...

regards
Quote from riskredruM :You mean something like that ??

yes, only in another layout

this would be pretty nice

and please the say how i can do this
Quote from riskredruM :You mean something like that ??

riskredruM, how did you get the split times and info in your LFSsplit.jpg?
It's called InSim, ya know the main programming interface for the rest of us. You can read up on it if you go to your Live For Speed Install Directory and then Docs folder, followed by clicking on the InSim.txt file.
2 questions to dygear:

1. is your insim app. local or host based ?

2. how do you make this buttons.

i work on a host based system like this and wrote the spilt times via MTC to the user as a chat message.
but drawing buttons like users is much better.

so i would do the same.

how looks the packet you send for this ?
the information form the ISP_SPX packet i still have.
Just look in LFS/docs/InSim.txt of your latest patch X install
So, and how can i do it?

I still have vb 2005 express...
Basically you need to send and receive packets between your program and LFS, the InSim.txt tells you what the various packets are and how to use them...

To be honest mate, we can't really explain to you exactly how to do it in a forum post. You will need to learn to program in VB.NET until you have a comfortable understanding of System.Net.Sockets, then learn to use the info in InSim.txt to connect to LFS and get what you want done.
the way is

1. Learn VB how to open a socket and send/recive data packets.
2. send ISP_ISI packet to lfs server -> insim.txt tell you the format of the packet. (closer look to the intevall value )
3. recive LFS response packet ( ISP_VER) -> insim.txt tell you the format of the packet.
4. learn how to response on ISP_TINY - Subtype TINY_NONE ( this is the keep alive message)
5. recive ISP_SPX when a player drive through a splitline. -> insim.txt tell you the format of the packet.
6. analyse the SPX packet.
7. do the same for all other packets that you want to response too.
8. draw the buttons with the ISP_BTN packet.
Or another way (to shamelessly self promote):
  1. Install LFSLib.NET
  2. Create an InSimhandler object
  3. Subscribe to the RaceTrackSplitTime event
  4. In the event handler create a new LfsButton object
  5. Send the Button to LFS via the InSimHandler
Only reason i don't write the code is, that I'm fuzzy on the VB syntax
Quote from sdether :Or another way (to shamelessly self promote):
  1. Install LFSLib.NET
  2. Create an InSimhandler object
  3. Subscribe to the RaceTrackSplitTime event
  4. In the event handler create a new LfsButton object
  5. Send the Button to LFS via the InSimHandler
Only reason i don't write the code is, that I'm fuzzy on the VB syntax

I think that´s the better way.
sry, but this is too high for me so far.... can anyone make a little example for me? maybe a simple "hello world", so i can begin with small steps before i can run
I'm currently working on some race tracking code that creates a HUD as attached. I can probably rip out various pieces from that and approximate the layout you posted. However this code will be in C# and you'd need Visual C# Express at the least. Would that be useful to you?
Attached images
racestats.jpg
Ya know what! I'd like to give this a try! So I think I shall!
When the code get's done, who knows! (When it's done).
How about this? Attached is a screen shot i took on a random server running the timemonitor locally. More information and a link to the code is here. It's fully functional as is, but really meant as a code sample for someone else to build on. (I.e. it needs a way to configure where on the screen to display the HUD, etc.).
Attached images
f1timing2.jpg
Not bad, not bad. But I'm going a slightly different route.

I time people from point a to point b only. Not A to C, or A to D. Much like the way the FiA timing and scoring works. Your time only for the time in that sector.

When will I have something working to show you guys? Well I don't know, I'm doing like all of the overnights at the Ambulance core, so I've not really had much time to touch a keyboard.
Hmm it should be Like F1 in TV. Shows me your Program the relative Split times between an my follower / the driver in front off me?
Quote from Mojo1987 :Hmm it should be Like F1 in TV. Shows me your Program the relative Split times between an my follower / the driver in front off me?

Ya know what, I did not even think about it. I was thinking more in the sense of hot laps only. Time from one split to another as compared to the best over all lap time. How ever, It could also work in a 'race' mode where it would show you your time and the gap to the guy in front, and if it's getting better or worse. (I suppose that is, I really don't know).
Quote from Dygear :Ya know what, I did not even think about it. I was thinking more in the sense of hot laps only. Time from one split to another as compared to the best over all lap time. How ever, It could also work in a 'race' mode where it would show you your time and the gap to the guy in front, and if it's getting better or worse. (I suppose that is, I really don't know).

The gaps of the car in Front of me and behind where so much great.
Your Tool is great for hotlaps, but for race, the gaps are important
Quote from Mojo1987 :The gaps of the car in Front of me and behind where so much great.
Your Tool is great for hotlaps, but for race, the gaps are important

I agree that the gaps are important, but the actual request from Trekkerfahrer that this thread is about is for hotlap, or qualifying style time monitoring. Although I get the feeling, he has since moved on
Trekker means also the gaps in race i think.

[request] time monitor
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG