The online racing simulator
grr, whos fault was this?
(94 posts, closed, started )
well, everything seem's to be explained, so maybe it is time to put this thread to bed?
Quote from J.B. :Everone seems to agree with the ban? Come on, I can understand thet AS' driving was too agressive for some people's liking but where was the banable offence?

Cant see how you could have seen the replay J.B. ....after all, it was on an S1 track with S1 cars...or did you run around to a friends house just to watch the replay?

(unless they changed it from last time I tried watching a replay from a licensed source on a demo setup )
Senna even if you still think you are in the right, you have to take something from this because many have mentioned that you tend to be a little too aggressive and make ambitious overtaking moves.

If you try and calm your overtakes down you'll have a lot more friends (and keep them) and enjoyment from LFS.

Sorry this post didn't turn out like you wanted, but try and take something positive from it.
Quote from Bladerunner :Cant see how you could have seen the replay J.B. ....after all, it was on an S1 track with S1 cars...or did you run around to a friends house just to watch the replay?

(unless they changed it from last time I tried watching a replay from a licensed source on a demo setup )

relax bladey hes a well known s2 user and has been around ever since the rsc days
its just that he prefers the name jb on the forum over his license name
wow I just watched the replay... senna you drive like a complete jerk. you ruin the game for other people because you dont know how to drive. its sad. go to the carnival and ride the bumper cars, you dont belong online.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :my drivin there was the way that people drive in real life

Lmao, there aren't that many ambulances at real race tracks, sunshine.

Your driving was awful, throughout the whole replay. Rude, dirty, illegal, unsporting, dangerous, and above all, immature. But then I think most folk know what to expect of you by now.

Is the ban a long-term one? If so, I must drop by the dsrc servers more often.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :i race in real life, and my drivin there was the way that people drive in real life

I hope not!

Let's see...

Lap1, the complex after the S/F straight:
You rear-end someone, because you don't expect the pack to slow down when they go side-by-side through the turns. After the bump you don't slow down, but try to jump the pack by going on the grass.

Lap1, the 90 degree turn before the back straight:
You try to pass someone on the inside, although you're too late to get overlap. Your tires block and you go wide. You're lucky not to take out someone else.

Lap1, the chicane:
You approach the chicane going 100% side-by-side with an XRT. But you don't leave room and push the XRT into the barrier.

Lap1, the 180 degree turn before the S/F straight:
You are behind the XRT, but when the exit comes into sight you try to pass on the inside. There is no room there, because the XRT has hit the apex fairly well. Another push.

Lap2, the complex:
You pass the FXO at the entry of the first bend. The pass is almost clean but not quite: you miss the apex and another bump follows.

That's 5 incidents caused by you within one lap. You score an average of 1 incident per turn.

The last incident looks the least serious of the 5, but by then the other drivers were probably too fed up with your driving...
Quote from Shotglass :relax bladey hes a well known s2 user and has been around ever since the rsc days
its just that he prefers the name jb on the forum over his license name

OK...sorry, my bad...I humbly apologise
LOL that replay is hilarious, you cant drive cleanly if your life depended on it! wtf with diving down the inside on the last turn and barging your way through the S's!...Oh and the incident, well, its called R a c i n g R o o m, not push the other guy out as far as I can till he smashes the wall then whinge to him about hurting my steering through the turn.
Quote from STROBE :Is the ban a long-term one? If so, I must drop by the dsrc servers more often.

just 1 day, thats the most funny part about.

Quote from garph :If you try and calm your overtakes down you'll have a lot more friends (and keep them) and enjoyment from LFS.

Sorry this post didn't turn out like you wanted, but try and take something positive from it.

:iagree:
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :watch the replay from helicopter view, u can see my car cant steer properly when he hits me

I can see you're braking too late, which causes him to "hit" you as you call it.
Ooh, has it finished? I was enjoying that. Senna, you'd be welcome on our server.....for about 17 seconds.
I learned several things from reading this thread...

- if you're going to ask for peoples' opinions on a crash you were involved in, you have no right to whine and sob when you hear an opinion that's different to yours, especially if you already have a reputation (deserved or not) as a hot-headed barge-arse

- if similar things happen to you repeatedly and everyone seems to think they were your fault, everyone may actually have a point. Additional: repeating the same behaviours and expecting different results is a textbook definition of insanity

- take up any disputes you have with server admins, noone likes the forum getting polluted with this shit

- last but not least, if you're going to use the name of a racing legend, do try and live up to it
People questioning the offence, DSRC don't just ban you for causing an accident, even if you drive like this BUT, he's allways going on about how he got banned without them checking the replay, but he was so quick off the mark afterwords to start being abusive and start his bitching.

I mean, if He can turn around and start turning the blame on someone else in a violent mannor without checking the replay himself then the admins can quite rightly ban him without checking the replay to! But I don't think he was baned for the crash, it was his reaction.
Quote from J.B :Everone seems to agree with the ban? Come on, I can understand thet AS' driving was too agressive for some people's liking but where was the banable offence?

A ban for aggressive and careless driving? No that would be completly uncalled for, but to come to a public forum, read peoples comments on the replay of which Senna posted, and then to turn around and insult everyone with 'bellend' and other petty insults because we fail to agree with his side of the story. I think that deserves a slap in the face.
Senna even Borat drives better than you!

driving instructor: "use two hands"
borat: "what?"
driving instructor: "use two hands!"
borat: "but then it look like I am holding a gypsy while he eat my chram!"
Watched it once. Don't want to take sides, but the final straw (as it seems this was) was not a blatant reckless move. Senna needed Al to make space, more than he did (which was already a fair bit and we have to remember that we don't all have a full panoramic view of what's coming our way from the sides), and once there was corner to corner contact the result was fairly inevitable.
The roughing up krani got was probably worse. Bad show really, Senna- you didn't afford anybody the kind of room you would have demanded. Put yourself in Krani's car into the chicane, or in the final turn with a car inside and nowhere near enough alongside.
OK then, here we go.

1). Senna is right to a certain extent, even if it was a highly optimistic and reckless attempt to overtake, when the car on the outside hit him, it did straighten the car out.

HOWEVER

2). Senna knowing that there was contact decided to aim for the tires knowing full well that the barrier would take the other car out as there would be no room for maneuver. (Notice the steering wheel turning to the right to cut the corner for the numerous time)

I'm Sorry m8, but it is you're fault, and my god if you race like that IRL, I'm surprised that you still hold you're racing license. I've seen them revoked for less.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :OK then, here we go.

1). Senna is right to a certain extent, even if it was a highly optimistic and reckless attempt to overtake, when the car on the outside hit him, it did straighten the car out.

HOWEVER

2). Senna knowing that there was contact decided to aim for the tires knowing full well that the barrier would take the other car out as there would be no room for maneuver. (Notice the steering wheel turning to the right to cut the corner for the numerous time)

I'm Sorry m8, but it is you're fault, and my god if you race like that IRL, I'm surprised that you still hold you're racing license. I've seen them revoked for less.

I agree with your first point wholeheartedly. Senna was alongside and on the inside. It's stupid to try to cut back in and not expect contact.

That said, I think that your second point is misguided. Senna was turning but his outside rear was being bumped by the outside car which, in my opinion, created understeer that does look very much like a deliberate attempt to run the other car off the track.

To be honest, nobody was driving smart. I don't know Senna's reputation (it seems to be bad, from what everyone here says) but he certainly wasn't the only one who was driving aggressively. I'd call it a racing incident and let it go. It's not that big of a deal.
This thread is closed

grr, whos fault was this?
(94 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG