The online racing simulator

Poll : Would you be interested in more UF1 racing

Closed since :
For Drivers who took part in season 1 - yes you would be interested
you did not race but would love to take part in season 2
you raced but would like to adopt significant differences in season 2 (please add suggestions beow)
For Drivers that took part in season 1 - no you would not be interested in season 2
you did not race but would like rules changes before season 2 (please state)
#1 - Dru
UF1000 Owners Club next series interest level?
So with the completion of the Mayhem cup many may be wondering what is happening next?

Are there any future plans for the Mayhem Cup series 2? certainly but when, now thats a different question.

So from the people that took part in the 1st season and other people genuinely interested in racing UF1's please take time to put a quick note down

ie. you would definately race in future leagues

or yes, but if certain rule changes where done (please state them )

Thanks,

Dru.
#2 - mr_x
Well it's obvious that by the time we see a season 2 there will be 32 cars possible on the grid. So keep it to just 1 division and on 1 server.

But, one thing I'd like to see is this:
Drivers Championship (everyone can compete for this)
Teams Championship (for teams with 2+ cars - if they have more cars then the highest 2 finishers score the points)
Independants Championship (for single drivers in the series)

First 2 are obviously the same, but the added Independants championship would give the drivers without teams something to go for as they're already at a disadvantage because they don't have team mates to work with.

Another thing I'd like to see is a different points system that only goes down to 10th place, or something similar. Gives the people just outside the points places something to go for.

With the points system in Season 1 it was too complicated, the numbers were too big. Something with smaller points would help us non-mathematically minded people know how many points we need to beat certain drivers by.

For main drivers Championship I suggest something like:
1. 15 points
2. 12
3. 10
4. 9
5. 8
6. 7
7. 6
8. 5
9. 4
10. 3
11. 2
12. 1
Fastest lap: 1
Pole Position: 1

Then for Independants would be based on the position as if there were no 'teams' in the race:
1. 10
2. 8
3. 6
4. 5
5. 4
6. 3
7. 2
8. 1

I hope this made some sort of sense, I'll cut it short there as I now have to go to the Job Centre. So I may add to this later.
It sounds good, but in the system you specify that only 1/3 of the field scores points. Personally I'd like a system like that as well, but you have to think about the people who can't beat 20 other drivers to get that 1 point. It also has to stay fun for those people.

Anyhow, I'm always up for uf1 racing, so my vote is guessable i think
#4 - Dru
i'd also state that the top 2 guys scores points in each team is also un-realistic.

you need to either cap the people in a team to 2 drivers or you have the other system is that the 'lowest' 2 team drivers score the team points, other wise you could have the situation where an uber team like MErcury score a 1-4 and basically get your top 2 points and everyone else starts with points from 5th...... kinda sucky tbh
#5 - mr_x
Mike, I was only using an example there

Quote from Dru :i'd also state that the top 2 guys scores points in each team is also un-realistic.

you need to either cap the people in a team to 2 drivers or you have the other system is that the 'lowest' 2 team drivers score the team points, other wise you could have the situation where an uber team like MErcury score a 1-4 and basically get your top 2 points and everyone else starts with points from 5th...... kinda sucky tbh

WTCC uses a system where the top 2 finishing cars of each team/manufacturer score the points, then the rest of the points for teams/manufacturers follow on as if the 3rd (or 4th etc) cars weren't there.
#6 - Dru
Quote from mr_x :Mike, I was only using an example there

WTCC uses a system where the top 2 finishing cars of each team/manufacturer score the points, then the rest of the points for teams/manufacturers follow on as if the 3rd (or 4th etc) cars weren't there.

don't like the idea of more than 2 people per team.. therefore even, best of the rest can still challenge for a podium place even if 1 team is still head and shoulders quicker than the rest.
I like driving the UF1000 even though I am kinda slow . I would definatly be interested in driving in a championship series featuring these cars. Let me know what the schedule will be like.
#8 - Dru
Quote from georgec5614 :I like driving the UF1000 even though I am kinda slow . I would definatly be interested in driving in a championship series featuring these cars. Let me know what the schedule will be like.

Well George, if you look at the 5 sticked posts in this sub-forum, you'll see all the information you would need based on the first season that has just finished.

Best Regards,

Dru.
Would be nice to race, but it looks like the time is not going to work for me .
I'd like to be a part
I missed the beginning of season 1 but i'd like to take part in season 2. It's been sooo long since I raced a league (I think it was tptcc + nascar racing 3 !)

Keep us informed!
I'd also agree on the 'lighter' scoring system, i dont think it matters all that much, if you multiply the points by a factor of 10 you still need to do the same thing to make up the gap, but the huge points do seem a little 'daft'.
I also always thought 5pts for fastest lap was just too many points, its a bonus, but particularly in the 2nd (lesser points) race it was quite a big thing and bundled in with starting behind slower cars seemed a little wrong to an extent. It also meant the winner often got a huge amount of points from the 1st race, typically with pole and FL bonus points and then the winning points it was quite a lot to give someone who's already received 5pts for being fastest just 20min ago and now another 5 bonus points for being faster again, same again if they can manage it amongst traffic for the 2nd race.
It was just something that never sat well in my mind even before the season kicked off.

I also have another suggestion but it'll probably have to wait till season 3 probably as im quiet happy to keep it to myself a while then i'll give you guys a shout, very much doubt it'll be of any use for season 2 unless its UF1 'July-Hem'
Can give you some info over MSN but not convinced it'll be ready in time

Also completely agree with 2 cars per team, theres no need to have more than 2 cars as a partnership, having non-counting partners means you have say 4 drivers working against a 2 driver team, if one of the 2-man drivers makes a mistake they're down to 1 scoring highly, but if the same happens to the larger team its just absorbed by the fact that there queuing up to score points and IMO it isnt fair, and thats from someone who had 3 teammates (+self) competing last season. Only argument against 2-man teams could be the fact that had Rooble stuck with the season or Bio not decided he didnt want to go through the Rnd3 mess again chances are we'd have had a 1-2 in the constructors standings.
okay, just to prove a point (cos im a c*nt ) i worked out how many points a 4 man Mercury team would have took last season using the WORST 2 results, and the total is perfectly self-rounded at 800pts, and that doesnt include Bonus points (even those scored by the worse 2). thats 57pts short of what the pairing of Viper and myself managed, and a little more than 180 more than ZWR who were 2nd took.
The points are 'assisted' by the fact that Rooble was only there for rnd1 and pecker skipped rnd4 (meaning worst 2 were also best 2) but if it was best 2 as is being proposed then its only going to be inflated.
Its true that ZWR would have more points because the 3rd and 4th cars on occasions wouldnt have taken constructers points from them, but its not going to be significant.

But mainly i dont like the idea because it only stands to help those with 3+ drivers and effectively punish those with just 2 driver which to my mind isnt a positive move.
#13 - Dru
don't you ever sleep Paul?

I don't think that a second season would be immediate so your suggestions may be worth a shout..

when you see me on, post them or use the new forums maybe as a spit balling place

Quote from Dru :don't you ever sleep Paul?

11am! flamin 11am!!
i think i was ready for going to bed at about 6 then decided to give the whole computer area a bit of a tidy up (a much needed tidy-up, now the mess is stacked elsewhere, thats how i tidy, just move the mess to another part of the room, or even better... another room ) and basically spent a good 2hrs doing that and then found myself watching Sky+'d esp's of Room 101 i'd recorded the other week until 11
I = idiot
i missed the voting cos i was on hols, but id definately be up for a second season!
Im intrested in this will this be held every thursday like the last one?
#17 - Dru
Currently there is a break between seasons in the UF1. With thwe ability to chane so much in the latest version of LFS, that it is possible that some car changes be made and shall we say, a bit of 'club racing' could ensue, which still keeping things close and competative
I'm interested.
PBR will be back for more UF action,
On patch x it will be even more fun
im interested to join this but i have never raced in any organized races before
I'm interested, will need to practice alot though
I'm interested too, but since we now have bigger grids, can we have bigger tracks ...
#23 - Dru
Quote from fujiwara :I'm interested too, but since we now have bigger grids, can we have bigger tracks ...

I was waiting for you to say somethnig along those lines Fuji

I think the ZWR team will be reviewing this league this week and coming back with suggestions...

tempted at the mo to run a de-tuned UFR league, meaning UFR's with less power out put, something a little different, that way you can concentrate on 'racing' wheel to wheel in a mini GTR car, tried it on FE CLub it was a BLAST

Also maybe good for those slightly longer tracks
ive already started work on a new skin for this prospective new league
I dont think there should be another UF1000 series, i think basically whoever won last season should just be announced as being the greatest ever, and everyone should shower them in gifts and pleasentries... that sort of thing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG