The online racing simulator
Photography, post your best!
(79 posts, started )
#51 - col
Quote from AndyC :
Basically I've been looking at a particular camera (which was recommended to me by someone in a camera shop), it is the Fuji FinePix S9600. I went in asking about DSLR's and he said that I would be best starting off with a slightly simpler camera which is when he recommended the Fuji.

Dunno about that specific model...

I went through a photography phase a few years back, and I would suggest a few things:

If you want to do 'creative' photography, you REALLY need to be able to change lenses - and make sure they are good lenses !

You will also want a good compact all in one camera - you will not want to carry a huge bag of lenses etc. everywhere

So by a good compact, make sure it has a good lens with decent rance of optical zoom, and use that until its holding you back, then get a 'real' camera... the compact one will still be really useful...

FWIW, by dad bought a Fuji a few years back that has gaskets for all the controls and screen - it is fully waterproof (can't remember how many metres), and it looks like a normal cmera... I would go for something similar - then it's even more useful as a second camera if you get more serious...

cheers

Col
One I took of my wife last night. Thought it turned out pretty nice. i usually Photoshop the crap out of my images, but this one is straight off the camera.

Quote from col :
So by a good compact, make sure it has a good lens with decent rance of optical zoom, and use that until its holding you back, then get a 'real' camera... the compact one will still be really useful...

Well the fuji has a 10.7 optical zoom which is 28-300mm. I think it will be good enough to get me started and once i'm up to speed with everything i'll take the next leap. Thanks for the help.

That is a very nice picture atledreier.

Andy.
#54 - col
Quote from AndyC :Well the fuji has a 10.7 optical zoom which is 28-300mm. I think it will be good enough to get me started and once i'm up to speed with everything i'll take the next leap. Thanks for the help.

That is a very nice picture atledreier.

Andy.

One other thing - don't worry about mega-pixels, the thing to grill the shop guy about and research on the net is processing time !

How quickly can the camera get from switch on to taking the first shot?
What is the pause between pressing the button and the picture being taken (this can be really really important)?
How many shots per second or minute can the camera take ?
Here's a few of mine from Cuba and Venezuela.

CUBA

Venezuela

Oh, and here's a nice one of my pet spider

Hope you like.
A couple of my favs

#57 - col
Took all of this using Leica Dlux-2 enjoy. just follow the link to my album and the yellow trees are taken with my sisters Canon Eos 400d

http://anik360.badongo.com/album
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
Quote from col :One other thing - don't worry about mega-pixels, the thing to grill the shop guy about and research on the net is processing time !

How quickly can the camera get from switch on to taking the first shot?
What is the pause between pressing the button and the picture being taken (this can be really really important)?
How many shots per second or minute can the camera take ?

I think i'm going to pop into Jessops today in my lunchtime and see what I can get out of them.

The Fuji has a 0.01 second shutter-lag time and 0.8 second start-up time. To me that is super quick but I don't have much knowledge about other camreas. I've only heard good things about this camrea so I am most probably going to buy it I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to want to buy a DSLR in 2 months time, I guess not by the sound of things.

Thanks for you help.

Andy.
#60 - Jakg
! my camera is easily 5 times those speeds!
my mom's photos ..... but that count isnt it?
Attached images
Parras 2007 039 edited.JPG
Parras 2007 040 edited.JPG
Parras 2007 211 edited.JPG
Parras 2007 019 edited.JPG
Parras 2007 125 edited.JPG
Parras 2007 172 nuevo.JPG
That sunset is beautiful!
-
(Christofire) DELETED by Christofire
Here are a few of my favourites.
Attached images
Reflection_at_Dusk_by_michaeldenham.jpg
Ripples_by_michaeldenham.jpg
Rock_with_a_view_by_michaeldenham.jpg
Mt_Baker_by_michaeldenham.jpg
Cliff_Falls_by_michaeldenham.jpg
Enzo_by_michaeldenham.jpg
Painting_with_light_by_michaeldenham.jpg
i like the 1rst one
Great landscape shots - Mt Baker is really beautiful - that's a really great photo Mr Denham. Do you have a bigger res version, I'd love a copy of it.
Thanks guys. I was really lucky with that one, I was on the way to school and I looked off to the side and saw that, pulled over and took the shot! That was actually taken with an old Toshiba 2mp camera, rather than the Nikon D-SLR I shoot with now. I don't have the file right now, but I'll post it up when I do.
Just a few of my recent photos.
Attached images
Sunset1.jpg
Sunset3.jpg
here are a few of my old works, some pre, some post starting my bachelor of photography.

im not shooting digi anymore, but heading back to film and the old school ways

some more at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mysteroius/ so knock yourself out :P

edit - spose i should put in some motorsport. Mount Cotton Hillclimb in QLD, AUS
Attached images
146060969_6e0bd693b8_o.jpg
494194457_de04f3fdba.jpg
267661670_ff30e9c6a3_o.jpg
232616722_e6a446047d.jpg
164057281_c0bebd147b_o.jpg
177612351_112acfc3f9.jpg
121075897_c80d4e1f3e.jpg
426593029_7700459a54.jpg
_DSC2161.jpg
MMMchrome.jpg
Vetran.jpg
YEL36.jpg
Nice pics everyone
Not the best photograph in the world, but still quite pleased with it.
Very nice kingfag. I just got my camera for christmas. I've read some stuff on capturing lightning and can't wait until summer. I have a huge field behind my house and lightning storms are always moving across south of me in the summer missing me entirely. Will make for some nice opportunities to capture lighting.
#74 - Dmt
very lucky shot.. just took hand out of window :P
Attached images
DSC00423.JPG

Photography, post your best!
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG