The online racing simulator
Photography, post your best!
(79 posts, started )
#26 - Jakg
Quote from mrodgers :I would be embarassed to post pictures I've taken with my 2 megapixel camera, LOL.

Edit: Well, why not. When I bought the camera, the pictures from it looked nicer than 3 mp cameras which were the latest and greatest at the time....

who needs MP? all of my pics get put on the net at 1600*1200 or lower anyway, so having a 5 megapixel camera is still a little overkill for me!

There's some random automotive photography of mine here, if you are so inclined.
Quote from jibber :I'm into taking photos since about half a year now. And here's a few of the shots i took so far...

Number 27 is my favorite there. It reminds me of something that would come out of a real darkroom.
All very nice work.
i took this while waiting for my friend to answer his door :S (camera phone)
Attached images
04-05-07_2031.jpg
Quote from titanLS :There's some random automotive photography of mine here, if you are so inclined.

Some really good photos!
I like many of them because they have good "information", wich is very important for a good photo... like the one where the woman in the phone cell is using her cell phone...
Quote from Jakg :who needs MP? all of my pics get put on the net at 1600*1200 or lower anyway, so having a 5 megapixel camera is still a little overkill for me!

Because when you crop and zoom in, the original pictures don't have enough clarity to be any good. I usually crop and/or resize to 800x600 for the net since I hate when people post 1600x1200 pics or larger and I'm trying to view them at 1024x768. 800x600 is the largest you should use on the net if you want people to be able to view them.

The following was cropped and would have been much crisper and cleaner if it had started at a higher resolution...

I'm loving the broadband though. Uploaded a bunch of pics. Hope you don't mind a bunch coming.......

#32 - Jakg
meh, seems my 22" monitor is leading me into bad habits

I like the idea of an 800*600 preview - its what my Jakg.com simpleviewer gallery does it then, but when you open it up to show *just* the image its bigger
Actually you should stay even below 800xwhatever... considering many people still use 1024x768 screen resolutions, 700xwhatever is the biggest you should go for.

About MP... if you crop and resize, it's a good argument.
If you don't crop your images, you really don't need a lot of MP.

My camera has something above 11MP, but as long as you stay on a computer screen (even if its a huge 22'' for example), you can't notice any difference to let's say a 6MP camera... no difference at all!

It's a myth that you'd need a good camera to take good pictures. And we can actually see that it's not true by looking at some of the pictures in this thread (1.3MP shot that was posted a page ago is an amazing photo in my opinion).
I use 600x400 (or 400x600) with 1px black border around the image now. No need to go bigger than that unless you are going to use it as a background or something.
Quote from DanneDA :I use 600x400 (or 400x600) with 1px black border around the image now. No need to go bigger than that unless you are going to use it as a background or something.

same as mine which has posted in the earlier replies. I am a photographer, and I've posted some 800x600 samples to my portfolio. And then some guys stole it.. and selling them for 3R or 4R prints which drove me crazy..
#37 - Smax
I've nothing but a SE W810i :o
Here are a few pictures , nothing amazing =p
Attached images
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
Quote from MataGyula :I've nothing but a SE W810i :o
Here are a few pictures , nothing amazing =p

I like the first one... That's a beautiful place bro
I wish México look like that In my dreams maybe lol
Thank You Blas !
That picture was taken a few weeks ago, now it looks like this (see picture =). I took it from my room, you can see the place from where i took the first picture
Attached images
DSC00568.JPG
#41 - Don
@Don
The picture is from Košice from the city centre - that's St.Elizabeth's Cathedral in the background . It's about a kilometre from my school =P
#43 - Don
ah, so Slovakia our languages are very similar.
Sure they are ! =) btw, your pictures look amazing, i love those panoramas , beautiful countryside !
I went to South Africa last year and took these with my Kodak DX7590.
They're compressed to reduce filesize. Got some other good photos too if you like these.

ted209
Attached images
elephant.jpg
leopard.JPG
lion.jpg
A few touristy shots from the Spice Bizarre, Istanbul...
Attached images
spices.jpg
lights.jpg
things.jpg
Quote from MataGyula :Thank You Blas !
That picture was taken a few weeks ago, now it looks like this (see picture =). I took it from my room, you can see the place from where i took the first picture

Wow thats really green, Another cool one
Nice pictures people!
So, I've always been into photography since I was young but I've never had the chance to do it properly. But i've decided it is time to start properly and I need some advice. My knowledge of cameras isn't that great so any help would be great.

Basically I've been looking at a particular camera (which was recommended to me by someone in a camera shop), it is the Fuji FinePix S9600. I went in asking about DSLR's and he said that I would be best starting off with a slightly simpler camera which is when he recommended the Fuji.

I've read many reviews on it and its had a lot of good praise but I was wondering if it will do or will I grow out of it quickly (with not being able to changes lenses). I'm off to the BSB in Oulton Park in a few weeks and that will be my first real attempt at photography so will the fuji do?

Btw I wouldn't really want to spend much more than £400.

Thanks for any help.

Andy.

Photography, post your best!
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG