The online racing simulator
rb4 gtr / rb5 / rbr -with pic
(50 posts, started )
Fix the turbo modeling and we wouldn't need to worry about # of cylinders
If you get a FWD car and you give it more than 200 BHP then it won't work very well... (IIRC)
How about a base-model version of the RB4? Like a FWD, NA version to compete with the XRG and XFG?
Quote from wheel4hummer :How about a base-model version of the RB4? Like a FWD, NA version to compete with the XRG and XFG?

I think it would be better staying 4wd simular to a n/a impreza
Fixing the turbo modeling (which we do need) won't make 4 cylinders any less common. We already have about half (off the top of my head) or more of all our cars using 4 cylinder engines, all but one of the GTRs using them... We don't have a big meaty V8 in a road car yet.
I Think we should have a MR V6 model ( like JGTC Honda/Acura NSX ) and a small front engine RWD N/A convertible... Just like S2000... with a 100+Hp/l engine power...
Quote from RaVeR :I think it would be better staying 4wd simular to a n/a impreza

Wouldn't really make much of a difference except in rallycross... and probably not a lot even there.
Quote from smorg_12 :well how about a fwd fxr? and fwd rb4 gtr?

Then why do we have 2 FWD GTRs?
+1 for the big meaty V8
Quote from Breizh :Fixing the turbo modeling (which we do need) won't make 4 cylinders any less common. We already have about half (off the top of my head) or more of all our cars using 4 cylinder engines, all but one of the GTRs using them... We don't have a big meaty V8 in a road car yet.

I love both models and I do agree that we need more AWD cars.
I also never understood why we never got a "race ready" rb4 version to begin with.
As far as specs, I'd place it with the small GTR's so we have more then 1.5 cars in that class (any car that flips so easily doesn't count as a whole car )
Even if it doesn't fit into the class, it'd still be a blast, especially if it's able to use dirt tires.
I have to wonder, why did two of the TBO class cars get picked for the GTR, and one Carrera wannabe get the third? The RB4 deserves a GTR place.
A GTR place as a redundant front engined AWD 4-cylinder turbo?
I Always Thought that FXR shoul be FWD because of the base model, so we would have a more powerful FWD GTR and they should create a RBR ( RB4 GTR ) that would be 4wd...like the basemodel... i think we should have a RAC- GTR too... Just Like the latest Toyotas MR-2 on Japanese Championship...
Quote from Dudles :I Always Thought that FXR shoul be FWD because of the base model, so we would have a more powerful FWD GTR and they should create a RBR ( RB4 GTR ) that would be 4wd...like the basemodel... i think we should have a RAC- GTR too... Just Like the latest Toyotas MR-2 on Japanese Championship...

Maybe because FWD GT2s don't exist
I m not absolutely sure about it but do you know even 1 FWD GT with at least 450 bhp?
:lfs:
Attached images
rb4_jgtc.jpg
Quote from Maelstrom :Maybe because FWD GT2s don't exist
I m not absolutely sure about it but do you know even 1 FWD GT with at least 450 bhp?

No, but in South America we have TC2000 that is just like the WTCC, and they Have only FWD near 300 BHP... i think it should be something like this... FXR with a little less power and leave the 4WD sistem to the RB4 GTR
The RB4 would be the one car to choose if a rally GTR model was made, so the FXO is the one that ought to get a GTR variant, unless redundancy isn't a problem.

The present 500HP GTR class has an FR, an F-AWD, and an RR. It would next need either a new drivetrain, or an already present drivetrain with significant differences, such as an FR that's builkier than the XRR, which is rather sharp and lightweight.. E.g. a big V8 FR like in Australian Supercars.
Otherwise, an MR would be the other obvious alternative, either a fantasy RAC-GTR, or one based on a new TBO car (which is less obvious, as there aren't many real MR TBO-performance cars), or a one-off GTR.

The TBO class has all three FR, FF, and AWD drivetrains covered, but neither MRs, nor anything else than four cylinder turbo engines. So, a new FF GTR in the 300HP range would have to be either in a class of its own, or be made to fit in the 200HP GTR class, which would mean it'd have to weigh right about 1000kg. A race-prepped FXO would fit the role, but it would be redundant unless the FXR was removed (counter productive).
Such a car and an RR GTR based on something like a VW Beetle (sorta clunky) or a Fiat 500 would really add to the UF1 and 200HP GTR classes.

Finishing the daydream, we'd also get a big (since two of the LRFs are already featherweights) GT FR (since we already have an MR, which would make even something as fun as a Ferrari or Lambo MR redundant) like an M3 or Corvette or an Australian V8 GT, and something different for the TBO class, like an MR rotary or V6 or something.
Yeah i know this thread is old but the issue remain. I would still LOVE to see a RB4 GTR.

Now alot have been saying "we allready have a 4x4 GTR car" and that is the truth. But the FXO is not a 4x4 car, it was made 4x4 when specced as a GTR. So what could be wrong with making the RB4 GTR rear wheel drive ?

I love that car, it is the best looking car in the game, and handling has always been splendid, but it always needed just another 100hp. I have made lots of configurations with it so it has almost rwd (5% front wheel drive) and its a blast to drive.

Powertrain: An RB4 GTR could be powered by a inline 6 N/A engine producing around the same amount of power as the other GTR cars, but what could be really interesting would be a high torque small displacement NA V8 (it could be called RB6 /8 GTR) at around 4000cc ? This could also mean that the RB GTR could have a long ratio 5 speed instead of a 6 speed gearbox giving it maximum usage of the engines massive torque but still giving it a handicap in comparison to the other GTR cars.

Bodywork: RB4 GTR should have a really violent body make over, real brutal with massive intake vents in the hood, large fenders, and a real big GTR style front bumper. A big ass rear wing should also be fitted along with some very big GTR alloys.

That would really be what could make me play LFS the next 8 years too

As a final remark i think that the FXO GTR should be made more competative against the other GTR class cars..
Quote from monzta :Give it a really violent body make over, real brutal with massive intake vents in the hood, large fenders, and a real big GTR style front bumper. A big ass rear wing should also be fitted along with some very big GTR alloys.

So basically, a tank bunker entrance on the hood, rear fenders from a tractor, a snow plow for the bumper and a wing from the boeing 747.

Not everything is big on a GTR car.
Have a look at the current ones.
Hood intakes, normal size if any. Fenders, slightly wider, so the wider wheels fit, bumpers not really big. And wings aren't also "big ass".
Besides, why butcher it?
Either power up the current GTR class, so it's in the range of GT1 cars, or make the GTR class the GT2 class, and bring in new cars for the GT1 class.
Designwise i think it is a bitch to make new cars, this may also be the reason we haven´t seen that many new cars during the games 10 year run. The current cars are great, and making evolution models of the existing cars are only natural. I have followed this game since 2003 and if the LFS team has showed us anything it would be that evolvement of the existing cars is natural. It would be great to evolve the RB4 into a RB"8" GTR class car, and it would also be great to evolve it to a WRC class car together with the smaller XF car, let them both have 300bhp and 4wd for rally purposes..

But i can see that you misunderstand my idea so here is what i was thinking, maybe it makes more sense

I have made the following changes.

Widened the arches but with respect for the current body design, air intake on the side is a evolution of the small one allready on the RB4.

I have also added a big duct in the front for cooling the radiator, and a bulk on the hood to accommodate the V8 NA engine wich will typically be fitted with open throttle bodies (see Marcos LMP car). Finally i added vents in the sides of the hood, and i have also made the hood extend on to the headlights just a bit (for good looks). I removed the front air grille of the RB4 for better aerodynamics, and as the grille wont be required for cooling purposes it was really just in the way..

The frontspoiler is the original but with modifications as it now has a big front aircutter (like the other GTR cars) and a big central intake for the radiator.

The rear view i have drawn inspiration from many other widened GTR type cars, and have made open cooling vents in the sides for the brakes in both front and rear arch extentions. The rear part of the RB is difficult to design in GTR-mode, but fitting large fender flares would be a shame (like on the FXO). I´d rather have the widened arches fit the bodywork as on the FZ.

I still think that making a "RB 8" would be a great idea, we have no V8 powered cars, and they need to be represented in a GTR class. Often you will se that race regulations allow bigger NA displacement engines, than the turbocharged ones. Also 4wd should be removed and the car should be RWD like any other GTR type car.

I figure that engine stats should be that it peaks at around 5500 rpm but has a massive torque wich would mean that gear changes should be accurate. Also having only a 5 speed gearbox with longer gears will make good use of the V8 torque.

Let me know what you think.
Too much rice!

I like the Green v8 one!
I'd take it too, for variability. Doesn't need to be necessarily 4WD, or if yes, then make it more difficult to drive, like more power/thinner tyres e.g., so it's competitive, but not so easy.
Quote from Kid222 :I'd take it too, for variability. Doesn't need to be necessarily 4WD, or if yes, then make it more difficult to drive, like more power/thinner tyres e.g., so it's competitive, but not so easy.

i think it should be like the celica, but to troll everyone they should drop in a 2.5 supercharged boxer engine and make it FWD.

rb4 gtr / rb5 / rbr -with pic
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG