The online racing simulator
FOX KY National
(6 posts, started )
FOX KY National
I've been practicing on KY National for the coming Gentlefoot Formula Championship race using the Team Inferno set, and i've found that it really blows in the suspension department.

So, as embarrassed as I am to ask this, I was wondering if somebody could either share a FOX KY Nat set, or tell me what's probably going wrong with the set, so I can figure it out for myself
#2 - amp88
Are you using Worm's set? If so, I've used this set myself for a while and I've always found it to be fast and stable. What, in particular, "blows" about the suspension to you? Too little overall grip, unbalanced grip levels, low speed understeer, high speed oversteer, too little skill etc? The more details you give the better people will be able to help you. Just saying "the suspension blows" does nothing to enable people to help you.

edit: After checking your laps chart for KY Nat I see you've only done 8 laps of FOX, with a PB of a 1:45.79 (WR is a 1:38.83). You really should put in a good number of laps at a consistent pace before you come to the decision that the setup is at fault and not the driver. Even with a poor setup (which Worm's set most certainly is NOT) you should be able to lap much quicker than within 7 seconds of the WR. Put some more laps of practise in, you'll benefit a lot more from that than from a new setup.
Quote from amp88 :Are you using Worm's set? If so, I've used this set myself for a while and I've always found it to be fast and stable. What, in particular, "blows" about the suspension to you? Too little overall grip, unbalanced grip levels, low speed understeer, high speed oversteer, too little skill etc? The more details you give the better people will be able to help you. Just saying "the suspension blows" does nothing to enable people to help you.

edit: After checking your laps chart for KY Nat I see you've only done 8 laps of FOX, with a PB of a 1:45.79 (WR is a 1:38.83). You really should put in a good number of laps at a consistent pace before you come to the decision that the setup is at fault and not the driver. Even with a poor setup (which Worm's set most certainly is NOT) you should be able to lap much quicker than within 7 seconds of the WR. Put some more laps of practise in, you'll benefit a lot more from that than from a new setup.

I've been doing most of my practice offline, so as not to disturb online races.

And i've actually been using Darko's set, i'll try Worm's, see how that one works out

My problem with Darko's was that there was really, very little grip, so i'd always end up in a lower than ideal gear coming out of pretty much all turns, and overall acceleration (on straits) seemed to be suffering too.

I also had the same problem with Darko's AS National set, while I was practicing for THAT GFC event. It had great aero, but the suspension was so shitty that it was hard to lap consistently without breaking grip and spinning out in at least one or more turns, and I would always end up coming out of corners in less than ideal gears and speeds.
You should really go online, and if only to watch the lines and braking points of the other drivers.

The GFC server is normally crowded every evening.
Quote from zeugnimod :You should really go online, and if only to watch the lines and braking points of the other drivers.

The GFC server is normally crowded every evening.

I'm trying to use the same strategy I used when I practiced for the AS Nat race.

I ran the track offline, using the WR replay and Analyze for Speed readings as reference, and once I was confident enough that I wouldn't spin out and cause any collisions, I began practicing online.

Don't want to ruin anybodies races
A lot of the time the server is in qualifying mode (ie. we all use it to practise). Come online and watch everyone else drive, compare times and share setups, the server is primarily there for us to practise.

FOX KY National
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG